#1 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 05:35 PM

vv2Uohp.jpg

I think I'm done with Royal Liverpool. With the Walker Cup there this week and me sick of the sight of it I thought I'd get it out there. Some basic Photoshop skills and a crash course in 3DG has held me back so apologies if there are some sketchy areas. The course seems to play ok and its a bit different to most of the PG courses.
Obviously as a links course it would normally be played with stiff winds and firm ground. The bunkers are pretty harsh but it is pretty much the only defence for the course so be careful.
As always a huge thanks to NoPutt for endless hours of help and encouragement (and bollockings). Also Justin for his help along the way.
https://www.dropbox....ke_3dg.zip?dl=0
  • LeazesNDR, RobC, Justin9926 and 1 other like this

#2 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 04 September 2019 - 06:08 PM

MAG-NIFICENT!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: What a course! Great colors. Should be played at mimimum with strong breeze winds, 12 stimps and hard. Great addition to the Open rota. Legendary course. Thanks for all the hard work!

• andrewjjones43# likes this

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#3 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 04 September 2019 - 06:31 PM

Oh my.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#4 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 04 September 2019 - 07:04 PM

congratulations andrew,what an outstanding piece of work,the 3d grass just sets it off,and the FPS is great.thanks for a great course.

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#5 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 04 September 2019 - 07:06 PM

hi Andrew should we replace this with the Beta course you already posts

or should we just keep them both?

thanks

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#6 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 07:17 PM

Hi Dave. Replace the beta course with this final version. Nobody reported any problems so hopefully the 3D grass version will be the final final.
When I thinned out the planting and replaced with 3DG the FPS improved significantly so hopefully this version will show better performance than the beta.

#7 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 04 September 2019 - 07:33 PM

just shot a round on the new 3dg version and i must say

it is a beauty, really puts you in the mind of being there and the gameplay is top notch

thanks much for this great links course, and the work you put in on it.

also forgot to mention, thanks for the challenge tees for the challenge points MOP

as it is now on the list to use for the weekly PGLS skills tourney

thanks again

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#8 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 05 September 2019 - 06:51 AM

Great job, Mr. Jones...I had to check out your West lancashire course after playing this one, and now I have two more great links style courses!  

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D (Windows 11)

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#9 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 12:15 PM

Great job, Mr. Jones...I had to check out your West lancashire course after playing this one, and now I have two more great links style courses!

Hang fire as I’m almost done converting West Lancs to overlay and 3DG. The original looks a bit dated when I look back.
  • ✠ davef ✠, Charles and Goran JoeMen like this

#10 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:21 PM

Played an 18 hole alt shot with hard, hard 14 stimp breezy and it was a great test.

This is an absolutely fantastic golf course (from both a designer and player standpoint).  Thank you!

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#11 Goran JoeMen

Goran JoeMen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:43 PM

Set up three 9 hole multiplayer rounds here tonight and the slots filled up quickly, great course and very fun rounds everyone loved it.

Thanks andrewjones, awesome design!

http://www.goranmentzer.st

RTS-M pro  -  Intel i5-9600K 3.7ghz  - 16GB  RAM - GeForce RTX 2060 super  - 2560x1440

#12 granite00

granite00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:30 AM

I absolutely love the colors and the play is magnificent.  Well done.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#13 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 22 September 2019 - 03:28 AM

I had the pleasure of playing this course tonight.  We set it at hard greens, hard fairways, 12 stimp and strong breeze.  Quite the test but enjoyed every minute of it.  The FPS with dynamic sky on was rock solid.  Love the contrast between the dried out fairways and the greens and trees.  All in, you did an amazing job recreating this one and it is now one of my favourites.  Looking forward to your update of West Lancashire which I was also impressed me.  Thanks for providing this course to the community.

RTSM - Pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users