11 replies to this topic

#1 BlackCat0315

BlackCat0315

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 08:39 PM

Its been some time since I looked at these forums. I have a friend who lets me know things every now and then but I find myself wondering what the current state of affairs is.

I think there are plenty of people who would be interested to know what the position of PG is and its future. Is there any chance of a statement from PG just to let us know their intentions, even if it is to tell us that this game will be pulled in the New Year.

Many thanks.

#2 Rackme32

Rackme32

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 09:12 PM

Look at the "Pushed an Update Today" thread just below yours...  There are adminstration comments in there that seem to indicate the game has a future.

Went to Digital Storm and ordered me up a nice gaming machine :)

Intel i3 chip at 3.9G

16 gig DDR4 RAM

GeForce 970 GTX 4gig vid card

240G SSD

1TB HD

Windows 10

It's HERE!!  JNPG runs great with all the bells and whistles at max or close to it...  I still turn 3D render off for the swing, tho.

#3 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:00 AM

http://www.perfectpa...today/?p=174260

#4 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:54 AM

Look at the "Pushed an Update Today" thread just below yours...  There are adminstration comments in there that seem to indicate the game has a future.

LOL!  That's what you take away from that thread?!!?

Believe me when I say that I hope there's a future.  But also believe me when I say that thread points to anything and everything BUT a future.

• Buck, RobV and IanK like this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#5 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 03:09 PM

I'm here since day 1 and the only thing I can say about Andrew or Mike is that they always delivered. Even if it took them longer than expected. As long as one of them doesn't say anything different I will always believe it will continue. 

• Arsam, cajuncapgun, DennisHarris and 4 others like this

Who cares...

#6 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:52 AM

I'm here since day 1 and the only thing I can say about Andrew or Mike is that they always delivered. Even if it took them longer than expected. As long as one of them doesn't say anything different I will always believe it will continue. 

I love your optimism. I will just say that we should all live so long to realize anything that resembles some sort of game interface. It would be a wonderful thing.

#7 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 11:11 AM

I'm here since day 1

I'm here since day 1 too, that was what.... 10 years ago?     Or at least seems like it... haha

#8 Abe

Abe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 October 2019 - 12:54 AM

Feb 4, 2013

http://www.kickstart...erfect parallel

• balaceanca81 and GolfGuy72_2000 like this

#9 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 01:12 AM

Great video on the KS.

Funny to put some sound/video to the faces/names from all the forum stuff over the years.

That Pebble sure looked good (as did so much of the game visuals) on the video too

#10 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 01:15 AM

OD11lwk.pngAQe3G4d.pngnngnJHL.png

• balaceanca81 and Birdie like this

#11 GolfGuy72_2000

GolfGuy72_2000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 02:19 PM

Wow, I didn't realize TM was involved in PG basically from the start. Very interesting video. It's like they used the rest of the simulator market to fund the development of the software product they'd eventually acquire in full, and then push some of the software's most ardent supporters to the curb without further explanation.

I'm glad the mouse & keyboard (and/or joystick) players will continue to have access to JNPG. Sure wish the same would be true for those of us on a SkyTrak, GC2, or other non-TM launch monitor. They were asking in this video for financial support in 2013. The simulator community through their annual $250 passes provided many tens of thousands - if not hundreds of thousands - of dollars in that support effort.

I'm glad to see that Andrew has been commenting a little more here on the forum as of late, but it sure would be nice to get some additional clarification from PP as to why the move was made to end access for non-TM users in August 2020, or if any effort whatsoever is being directed at software that will accommodate those of us who don't have the financial means or space for a TM setup.

It seems like PP has turned their back on us. The simulator community has supported PP, and they've supported us with a great golf game. It would be nice if that mutually beneficial relationship could continue into the future.

Thanks again for sharing this video!

• Abe likes this

#12 balaceanca81

balaceanca81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 02:46 PM

Thanks for sharing this video...Wow..times flies.... :)

• Abe likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users