Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 10 November 2019 - 04:52 PM

Hi folks

as one of the global moderators,and tourney setters at PGLS i have taken

on the job of getting our course library cleaned up when it comes to the beta courses.

some of which have been in beta there for years and really should not still be in beta. not sure where the problem lies

here but i'm thinking a bunch of it could be in the communication area where the courses have been fixed and issues taken care of and we where not notified by the designer to remove it from beta. so if you folks in this list have fixed the issues you had with your courses please let me know in this post, or by PM or message through the forums here, the PGLS site or you could message through steam.

reason: i have played all these courses at one time or another and i see no issues in most of them. as a 

tourney setter there i would like to use some of these courses on tourneys but the house rule is no betas

in the PGLS tourneys. so please if you have put the finishing touches on your courses in the list let me know so we can get to using them in our tourneys. if they still have issues and you do not intend on fixing them we will just leave them in beta.

thanks much folks for all the great courses you spend your

time putting together to keep this game going. list below

as these are removed i will also be editing them from this list.

REVISED LIST ON POST BELOW

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#2 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 10 November 2019 - 05:47 PM

Pauite Snow mountain. Should be playable without any major issues but I am working on adding 3d grass. I also added a clubhouse..... so it’s possible I might be able to update it without the 3dgrass and with the clubhouse and some better lakes (aesthetics not bugs). I will try to see what version is released and see what I have. Dave if you have any feedback on issues/bugs/etc there. Please forward them on.

#3 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 08:03 PM

What file name do you have on Port Muir.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#4 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 10 November 2019 - 08:14 PM

What file name do you have on Port Muir.

Port Muir Links

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#5 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 November 2019 - 07:34 AM

Kytaja NW's latest version is fully functional. Water is also fine now which was the problem with the first release.

Roads and houses may never be there. You can take it off from your list anytime you want. Exactly the same way you took it into your course list in the first place.

Link to latest version if you don't have it:

https://drive.google...Wrl6h71N6X/view

I may release a little improved version later this year, but you can keep this as ready as it gets.

#6 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 10:02 AM

Kytaja NW's latest version is fully functional. Water is also fine now which was the problem with the first release.

Roads and houses may never be there. You can take it off from your list anytime you want. Exactly the same way you took it into your course list in the first place.

Link to latest version if you don't have it:

https://drive.google...Wrl6h71N6X/view

I may release a little improved version later this year, but you can keep this as ready as it gets.

thanks much and now it is out of beta.

thanks again

Klipsch Sound System

#7 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 01:48 PM

Delete all mine.  When I'm happy with them I'll upload them again them as proper, to be tested betas.

• Buck likes this

#8 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 02:40 PM

Delete all mine.  When I'm happy with them I'll upload them again them as proper, to be tested betas.

are you saying you want them removed from the PGLS library all together or

just leave them in beta till you do the work on them you want to do. as these are all nice  courses

and all seem to play well. i myself think it would be doing the community a disservice by just removing them all together

after so many have all ready been playing and enjoying them.

up to you let me know what you want and we will do what you like with them.

Klipsch Sound System

#9 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:36 PM

If I re-upload at some point will they show up as recently added?  Because then it would show I'd like feedback again.  Otherwise it's probably better to delete so they show up as new when I'm finished with them.

#10 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 11 November 2019 - 11:44 PM

If I re-upload at some point will they show up as recently added?  Because then it would show I'd like feedback again.  Otherwise it's probably better to delete so they show up as new when I'm finished with them.

yes if you re-uploaded for further testing, we would then do the same.

for the time being we will just leave these in beta state. when you come out with the updates

we will update them then again ourselves. as i posted these are good playable courses and should stay

in the library till you update. till that time comes i have removed them from this list.

Klipsch Sound System

#11 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 13 November 2019 - 12:39 PM

Looks like I have two.

My plan is to finish both of these, but it will probably not happen in the immediate future, so I am comfortable with whatever you would like to do with them. One of them doesn't require much work and could be finished in a few days, but the other one isn't really up to my own standard.

The problem is I don't have much in the way of a good computer setup at the moment; I am in temporary living quarters.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#12 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:38 PM

Looks like I have two.

My plan is to finish both of these, but it will probably not happen in the immediate future, so I am comfortable with whatever you would like to do with them. One of them doesn't require much work and could be finished in a few days, but the other one isn't really up to my own standard.

The problem is I don't have much in the way of a good computer setup at the moment; I am in temporary living quarters.

hi Matt

i have played both of these courses a few times and don't really see any big problems with them at all

so i will remove them from beta and when you do have the time to work on these and get them to where you want them

we will put them back into the beta process then. 

thanks for all the great courses you have designed and looking

forward to any you do in the future.

Klipsch Sound System

#13 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:40 PM

That's fine. I have some things I want to do for Thornberry, and Sand Hills has been kind of a difficult birth. I'm not really thrilled with the version that is out there.

I think the advent of 3d grasses and new techniques have sort of made most of the things I've done a bit obsolete, so I'm feeling like I need to reinvent myself a little bit before I start putting things out again. My life's kinda flipped completely upside down the last couple of months and it is all a bit weird.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#14 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 10:29 PM

Without getting way off topic, how's Melbourne?

#15 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:11 PM

Melbourne both versions play very nice the classic renditions version is still in beta

but i dont see anything wrong with it other then if you ain't got enough azz in your computer

then you can't get it to load, many say they can't play, but many have no issues with the loading

so makes me think operator error or like i said not enough computer.

with that said i would like to thank the designers who have come to this post and either removed their courses from beta or let me know

they wish them to be left in beta i started with 56, and the number is now 36 with 14 coming out of beta and 6 being left in the beta state

thanks fella's

Klipsch Sound System

#16 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 11:17 PM

Melbourne both versions play very nice the classic renditions version is still in beta

but i dont see anything wrong with it other then if you ain't got enough azz in your computer

then you can't get it to load, many say they can't play, but many have no issues with the loading

so makes me think operator error or like i said not enough computer.

There are some other factors at play for sure.

About half the time my uncle and I play, it won't load for him no matter how long we wait (ends up kicking him back to the lobby).

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  

Nothing ever changes on each of our computers and we always are playing at generally the same time in the evening.

Really perplexing.

#17 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 November 2019 - 02:03 AM

Melbourne is the only course that will not load for me. All other courses, and I have tried all that are available, load between 30 & 50 seconds.

#18 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:03 AM

Any of you designers who have courses left in this list like to bring them out of beta

so we can start using them in tourneys at PGLS please feel free to let me know and i will remove them from beta.

thanks much

dave

Klipsch Sound System

#19 amc

amc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 05:44 AM

Wade Hampton made it through beta testing at the time, so hopefully it can just have the beta tag removed

#20 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:29 AM

Port Muir was finalised. No reports of any issues.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users