#21 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:28 PM

Okay, I didn't even know about Royal troon, Sedgefield and Birkdale until you guys mentioned them. So, this is interesting, I do have those in my "Courses Folder", but they don't show up in the carusel. Also, on the "PP Social Site", their not available for sale. I can play all the ones showing for purchase. Since Jurgie said the purchase buttons don't work, sounds like PP unlocked these intentionally for us. For the other 3, they're may have been some rights violations or something, and they couldn't unlock them.  

Also, for you guys that aren't seeing these, keep in mind this was a fresh download of the game. Here's a pic from the course purchase page.

https://imgur.com/kB1iBzP

295ezFm.jpg

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D (Windows 11)

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#22 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 05:42 PM

I think we've always had all the courses in our library (courses folder), but they would only show up in the carousel if you'd purchased them.

• Mulligan likes this

#23 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 December 2019 - 07:48 PM

I think we've always had all the courses in our library (courses folder), but they would only show up in the carousel if you'd purchased them.

I would have to differ with you on that point, at least in my case. The pay to play courses  never were in my course folder unti.sometime in October. At first it was only a couple and a few weeks later, more of them showed up in the folder. I forgot about Sedgefield., the pay to play version has never appeared in my course folder. Muirfield Village and Royal Birkdale were two other ones that I have never seen in my course folder. All the pay to play courses that eventually appeared in my course folder also magically appeared within the game carousel and they all play perfectly. Troon is the only exception. The course is in my course folder with all proper files showing. It does however not appear within the game itself.

#24 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 07:58 PM

I would have to differ with you on that point, at least in my case. The pay to play courses  never were in my course folder unti.sometime in October. At first it was only a couple and a few weeks later, more of them showed up in the folder. I forgot about Sedgefield., the pay to play version has never appeared in my course folder. Muirfield Village and Royal Birkdale were two other ones that I have never seen in my course folder. All the pay to play courses that eventually appeared in my course folder also magically appeared within the game carousel and they all play perfectly. Troon is the only exception. The course is in my course folder with all proper files showing. It does however not appear within the game itself.

Maybe you did an update or verify of files or something?

I've always had all the courses in my Courses folder (once they were released at all I mean - of course)

I do a quarterly backup of all my files, which includes PG, to my FreeNAS and I just went back and looked and I've had all the courses in the forever

(as far back as when they each first released)

#25 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 06 December 2019 - 09:06 PM

They are in my courses folder but don't show up in the carousel in the game.

Have you gotten the latest update? They recently updated the game so we can have access to all courses when offline. 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#26 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 07 December 2019 - 02:06 AM

I had purchased all of them before so no big deal for me but also glad they are available to all as they really are some nice courses and now the tours can use them.

#27 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 December 2019 - 05:48 AM

I had purchased all of them before so no big deal for me but also glad they are available to all as they really are some nice courses and now the tours can use them.

Well, that is the only drawback to this whole situation. If you purchased all of the pay to play courses before this happened, you have a considerable investment. They as you said are all very nice courses. All of them now appear in my course folder. Royal Troon, Sedgefield and Royal Birkdale are the only ones that do not appear in my Course Carousel however. Infact, Birkdale no longer appears in PP's course listings for purchase. I had a chat in the PGLS Forum and dicovered that other players were having the same issues trying to activate the afore mentioned three courses.It is possible that a copyright issue might be involved activating these three courses. We will just have to see what the result is.

#28 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 05:01 PM

I have Royal Troon, Royal Birkdale but no Sedgfield.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#29 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 05:10 PM

I have all three of them in my carousel. Don't forget Royal Birkdale is under the B in the carousel for Birkdale. Just double check your folders in your course file that it's not a file inside of  another file or it won't show in the carousel

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#30 Niblick47

Niblick47

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 05:58 PM

Have you gotten the latest update? They recently updated the game so we can have access to all courses when offline. 

I do have the latest update.

#31 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 December 2019 - 08:56 PM

The following course folder listings for Royal Birkdale, Royal Troon and Sedgefield are as follows: Royal Birkdale = birk31_7 , Royal Troon = royaltroonl3_07 , Sedgefield = sedgefield 1_0_3u5 Just in case you have trouble locating any of these files. Two of them are self explanatory, Royal Birkdale is listed alphbetically under the b's and not the r's. All three of these do appear in my course folder but these three do not appear in my game carousel. All files have been updated and are in order. All updates for PG are also current. A possible copyright  issue was mentioned  over at PGLS. If some of you are able to play any of these three courses and did not purchase them, there have to be other reasons  why they do not appear in the carousel.

#32 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 11:46 PM

I'm missing the same courses on the carousel Jurgie.  I did a file integrity check a few weeks back and the only folder missing was for Sedgefield.  The below folders on my end are a character off compared to yours:

Birkdale- birk31_7

Sedgefield- sedgefield1_0_3u5

Don't know if a game uninstall/reinstall would help any but I may try it.

#33 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 08 December 2019 - 12:59 AM

Actually, it looks like Royal Troon was free, once. They must have had to pull it for copyright or something.

33XmCJy.jpg

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#34 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 December 2019 - 01:44 AM

I'm missing the same courses on the carousel Jurgie.  I did a file integrity check a few weeks back and the only folder missing was for Sedgefield.  The below folders on my end are a character off compared to yours:

Birkdale- birk31_7

Sorry, yours are listed correctly. Type error on my part.

#35 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 December 2019 - 05:48 AM

Birkdale- birk31_7

Be careful of the reinstall. If my memory serves me correctly, it was one or two updates ago that several people doing a reinstall suffered some tech issues within the game. Someone here would probably have more knowledge than myself in regards to this issue.

#36 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 02:00 AM

Be careful of the reinstall. If my memory serves me correctly, it was one or two updates ago that several people doing a reinstall suffered some tech issues within the game. Someone here would probably have more knowledge than myself in regards to this issue.

You must be thinking of Mac users and the game no longer being compatible on their updated OS.  I'm on Windows (thankfully).

#37 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 December 2019 - 04:28 AM

You must be thinking of Mac users and the game no longer being compatible on their updated OS.  I'm on Windows (thankfully).

It was not a Mac issue or even a compatibility issue I was thinking of. More of small glitches that appeared  for windows users after they did a new reinstall. Maybe someone else at this forum can provide additional information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users