45 replies to this topic

#1 tamuchan

tamuchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 03:56 PM

This patch is only for Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf ver1.4.3.0 released in November 2019.
It can be downloaded from
https://mega.nz/#!0g...TV7IADCuq8kXGZw

Features:
The framerate is about 1.4 times.
Extends Tree Quality range for low-power GPUs
NVIDIA SLI is enabled.
Increases the framerate(1.1-3.0 times) during Real Time Swing by rendering objects only within the distance of 100 meters and using the previous rendering outside 100 meters. (You need to set "Pause Render on Swing" to "On" in Graphics Settings.)

You will be able to swing smoothly on Real Time Swing.

How to patch:

Replace "Assembly-CSharp.dll", "Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll", "mainData", and "resources.assets" with my patched files.

In the default setting for Steam,
"Assembly-CSharp.dll" and "Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll" are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Perfect Golf\Perfect Golf_Data\Managed
"mainData" and "resources.assets" are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Perfect Golf\Perfect Golf_Data

You should backup the original files before replacing them.

Known Issues for Pause Render on Real Time Swing:
Doesn't increase the framerate in specific directions of view.
Changes colors of far trees in some courses such as Crystal Pines.
Changes colors of fairways in Augusta 2018 by Skunky.
The seam of 100 meters' boundary is sometimes seen.
Doesn't increase or decreases the framerate around the times of 6:00 and 18:00 in Dynamic Sky mode.

• xooze, Buck, Birdie and 1 other like this

#2 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 05:06 PM

Wha?  Whoa!

tamuchan the wizard is BACK!

Any hope of the real time water reflection patch returning?

• xooze likes this

#3 tamuchan

tamuchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 06:52 PM

Any hope of the real time water reflection patch returning?

I might release a new water reflection patch that uses SSR(Screen Space Reflection).
In the patch, the framerate will be much higher than in the previous patch.

• JoeF, xooze, Buck and 1 other like this

#4 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 07:06 PM

I might release a new water reflection patch that uses SSR(Screen Space Reflection).
In the patch, the framerate will be much higher than in the previous patch.

Please definitely consider the water patch..

That would be totally amazing!!

#5 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 18 December 2019 - 08:01 PM

I use RTSM and the frame rates are fine for me as is.  I thought that the pause render was for 3C only.  Looking at the known issues the negatives outnumber the positives for me so I won't be installing this patch.

I suspect that you are with PP so how about a patch improving the save game function.  As it is now, our 4 man matches are always alternate shot because the other formats such as 4 ball take way too long and as you know, you lose a saved game if you start a new round so the save game is very limited.

If you are with PP I would be willing to play for an upgrade where we could create our own avatar so we don't all look the same.

Thanks.

• Charles likes this

RTSM - Pro

#6 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 18 December 2019 - 09:05 PM

slouis, in 3C you can turn "Pause Render on Swing" on or off at any time.  If that holds true for RTSM in this patch we would be able to turn it on anytime a view drops our frame rates to a point that would make the swing choppy.  RTSM'ers could play with "PRoS" turned off and just turn it on for a specific shot when required.  From tamuchan's post it seems the issues occur only when "PRoS" is "ON".  

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#7 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 19 December 2019 - 06:29 AM

Joe, a friend of mine who also uses RTSM installed it and could no longer play using RTSM.  Looks like it only works for Motion Swing which makes sense as pause render is for control methods that have meters. 

RTSM - Pro

#8 tamuchan

tamuchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 07:47 AM

Hi slouis,
You are misunderstanding.

The framerate improves(1.1-3.0 times) and the known issues appear only while you are swinging on Real Time Swing.
"Only while you are swinging on Real Time Swing" means from the moment you click the swing button or the right button of your mouse to start a swing, until the moment you hit your ball with your club.
While my pause render system on Real Time Swing is working, the shadow of your player is clearer and darker.

If you don't like those issues, set "Pause Render on Swing" to "Off".
You still get the following features on all swing types.
 The framerate is about 1.4 times.
 Extends Tree Quality range for low-power GPUs
 NVIDIA SLI is enabled.

#9 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:20 AM

Joe, a friend of mine who also uses RTSM installed it and could no longer play using RTSM.  Looks like it only works for Motion Swing which makes sense as pause render is for control methods that have meters. 

I installed the patch and it is working for me as I had hoped in my initial post.  I only see the stated issues when "PRoS" is turned on for a shot.

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#10 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 19 December 2019 - 01:55 PM

i installed and  dosent seem to do anything, pause render is grayed out,cant turn on or off.

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#11 Skunky

Skunky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Locationmarble falls tx

Posted 19 December 2019 - 03:29 PM

update, it turns out i have  steamapps installed on 2 different hard drive g: and H: ,dont know why .so i installed patch on both ,it is working and frame rates are up.thanks!

shadowcreek: tpc avenel:tpc san antonio:valhalla:quail hollow:trump coltsneck:hudson valley:ferry point:bedminster old and new course

Pasatiempo:Kingswood:Carnoustie:Augusta:SandHollow:TPC Summerlin

#12 clint

clint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 December 2019 - 06:59 PM

Thank you!

#13 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 19 December 2019 - 09:44 PM

Thanks for the patch and clarification.  I installed the patch.  I checked out Augusta, holes 2, 10 and 13 with Bandicam on.  On the tee box the FPS number showing for all three holes was 30 with rendering on or off but if I understand correctly, what the patch does is provide a smoother swing even though the FPS once the ball is in the air will be the same with or without rendering on.  Is that correct?

RTSM - Pro

#14 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:12 PM

Thanks for the patch and clarification.  I installed the patch.  I checked out Augusta, holes 2, 10 and 13 with Bandicam on.  On the tee box the FPS number showing for all three holes was 30 with rendering on or off but if I understand correctly, what the patch does is provide a smoother swing even though the FPS once the ball is in the air will be the same with or without rendering on.  Is that correct?

You were at exactly 30?  Never more?

#15 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:21 PM

Will be trying this out in the morning at some point.  There are some courses that will appreciate the extra FPS for sure.  Thanks for uploading this patch.

• Buck likes this

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#16 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 20 December 2019 - 05:14 AM

After playing a number of courses to test out the patch, it really increases not only the framerate for the swing but it also increases the FPS for the hole.  Here is what puzzles me.  On the first tee box of every course I played the FPS increased if I went in to my settings and cycled through what V Sync was set at.  I have it set at off so I cycled through every frame, every second frame and then back to off. 

When I do this the FPS goes up for that hole and for every hole for the remainder of the round.  For example on the three Augusta holes, 2, 10, and 13.  I set it up to play only those 3 holes.  On the 2nd tee box it indicated a FPS of 30.  When I cycled through V Sync it jumped to 49.  For holes 10 and 13 they also jumped from 30 to 58 and 43 respectively.  I wonder if it has something to do with my video card settings?  I have a GEForce GTX 1060 6GB.

Another thing is that I increased my camera distance from about 1200 to 15000 with no change in FPS which is another benefit as I no longer have to watch mountains and buildings grow during the ball flight as I use the Follow camera.

This is a fantastic patch.  Many thanks.

• Buck likes this

RTSM - Pro

#17 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 20 December 2019 - 05:51 AM

Did some more testing of the patch.  At the beginning of every round on the tee box of the first hole I play the FPS increases if I cycle through V Sync and end up with it set at Off.  I tried it on 7 courses with dynamic sky off.  The first number is before I cycle through V Sync and the second number is after.  As you can see it started at 60 for every course except PGA National reflective version.  All courses had dynamic sky off except the second test of Muirfield Village which had dynamic sky on.

Colonial - 60/105

French Lick - 60/125

Pasatiempo - 60/68

Valhalla - 60/73

PGA National (reflective water) - 30/55

Innisbrook (reflective water) - 60/88

Muirfield Village - 60/100

Muirfield Village (dynamic sky on) - 60/73

RTSM - Pro

#18 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 20 December 2019 - 07:36 AM

Did some more testing of the patch. At the beginning of every round on the tee box of the first hole I play the FPS increases if I cycle through V Sync and end up with it set at Off. I tried it on 7 courses with dynamic sky off. The first number is before I cycle through V Sync and the second number is after. As you can see it started at 60 for every course except PGA National reflective version. All courses had dynamic sky off except the second test of Muirfield Village which had dynamic sky on.
Colonial - 60/105
French Lick - 60/125
Pasatiempo - 60/68
Valhalla - 60/73
PGA National (reflective water) - 30/55
Innisbrook (reflective water) - 60/88
Muirfield Village - 60/100
Muirfield Village (dynamic sky on) - 60/73

Vsync it think locks your frame rate into multiples of you mr monitors refresh rate. Most monitors are 60 fps. So if fps > 60 with it off, it locks it into 60 with it on. If it’s >30 and <60, it locks it to 30. At least that’s what I was told and my understanding of the vsync setting.

#19 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 20 December 2019 - 07:42 AM

I tested just about every course I have on the carousel and about 95% start at either 30 or 60 FPS so you are correct.  Then when I cycle through V Sync the FPS for every course jumps but the increase varies.

Is there any way I can set it up so I don't have to go through the cycling of the V Sync before every round to gain the additional FPS?  I'm wondering if there is something I can adjust in my video card settings.

RTSM - Pro

#20 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 20 December 2019 - 07:47 AM

I tested just about every course I have on the carousel and about 95% start at either 30 or 60 FPS so you are correct. Then when I cycle through V Sync the FPS for every course jumps but the increase varies.
Is there any way I can set it up so I don't have to go through the cycling of the V Sync before every round to gain the additional FPS? I'm wondering if there is something I can adjust in my video card settings.

You can leave vsync off and it will do as many fps as your video card will output. So you could just leave it off. However, someone else can likely tell you the benefits of vsync. I think it has to do with tearing the frame when it’s not updating in a multiple of your monitors refresh rate. If you can’t see it tearing and doesn’t bother you, probably leave it off is my guess? I don’t know maybe someone else here knows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users