45 replies to this topic

#21 JoeBradley

JoeBradley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 11:14 AM

I seem to recall you have had always to turn vsynch on then off at the start of each round to truly get it to stay off. Some kind of glitch in PG, or my set up. That was my experience, anyway.

• Buck likes this

#22 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 20 December 2019 - 04:17 PM

I did some testing on a couple of courses that I have played recently where I have to be careful of having the eye candy turned up too much.  For the purposes of my testing I have the graphics set to the Ultra High pre-set (with vignetting & bloom turned off and rays turned off).  VSync turned to Off

St Andrews Old Course #9 tee - 43fps -> 180 fps when I activate right-click very impressive

Arcadia Bluffs #1 tee - 23fps -> 27fps and still feels jerky

Arcadia Bluffs #2 tee - 33fps -> 44fps getting better

I also maxed out all graphics sliders on the Old Course hole I tested and the fps went from 38 fps -> 162 fps

So from my limited testing I think the patch will do wonders for certain courses (such as The Old Course) where I won't have to compromise on visual quality to get rock-solid 60fps during the RTS swing.  But for really poorly rendering courses (on my default settings) such as Arcadia, I will still need to dial down the graphics settings to try and get a smooth 60fps.

I saw no deterioration in graphics quality from my limited testing so can certainly confirm that it does affect (in a positive way) the RTS swing so thanks to the author for releasing this patch.  :)

• Buck likes this

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#23 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 04:59 PM

I seem to recall you have had always to turn vsynch on then off at the start of each round to truly get it to stay off. Some kind of glitch in PG, or my set up. That was my experience, anyway.

Yeah - That's been my experience also.  I just did a clean install of Windows last week and installed just PG to make sure that no other software would be getting in the way of frame limiting/caps, etc..

And I had the same issues with getting vsync to actually be "off".  Very frustrating and annoying.

#24 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 05:04 PM

Yes you are correct - it has always been this way (unfortunately).

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#25 tamuchan

tamuchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 05:11 PM

I tested just about every course I have on the carousel and about 95% start at either 30 or 60 FPS so you are correct.  Then when I cycle through V Sync the FPS for every course jumps but the increase varies.

Is there any way I can set it up so I don't have to go through the cycling of the V Sync before every round to gain the additional FPS?  I'm wondering if there is something I can adjust in my video card settings.

It seems that the 30fps lock with vsync-on appears in specific locations and directions of view only while my pause render system on Real Time Swing is working and GPU power is enough to keep over 60fps.
The 30fps lock occurs in Windowed Mode and Borderless Fullscreen Mode, but doesn't occur in Exclusive Fullscreen Mode.
So I made Exclusive Fullscreen Mode version "mainData".
It can be downloaded from
https://mega.nz/#!R9...jwjGjg5sUj-47-w

• Stingreye likes this

#26 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 20 December 2019 - 07:26 PM

So even though I always had V Sync it actually wasn't Off which explains why I had to re-set it to Off before every round.  Other than fixing the bug it would be nice if I only had to re-set whenever I started up JNPG.

RTSM - Pro

#27 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 20 December 2019 - 07:29 PM

It seems that the 30fps lock with vsync-on appears in specific locations and directions of view only while my pause render system on Real Time Swing is working and GPU power is enough to keep over 60fps.
The 30fps lock occurs in Windowed Mode and Borderless Fullscreen Mode, but doesn't occur in Exclusive Fullscreen Mode.
So I made Exclusive Fullscreen Mode version "mainData".
It can be downloaded from
https://mega.nz/#!R9...jwjGjg5sUj-47-w

I have my resolution set at 1920 X 1080 the native display of my monitor.  Can you explain what Borderless Fullscreen and Exclusive Fullscreen are?  Which one is my resolution?  What would this patch do for my resolution?  Thanks.

RTSM - Pro

#28 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 20 December 2019 - 09:13 PM

I think he meant borderless window which looks the same as full screen.

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#29 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 10:27 PM

Two of us have noticed something odd about putting.  As putts approach the hole, the ball just stops and freezes for a split second before continuing for the final few rolls.  Generally within a few feet of the hole it seems.  Hmm not a good effect.

#30 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 12:52 AM

Not seen that.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#31 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 21 December 2019 - 06:09 AM

Two of us have noticed something odd about putting.  As putts approach the hole, the ball just stops and freezes for a split second before continuing for the final few rolls.  Generally within a few feet of the hole it seems.  Hmm not a good effect.

I have played two multiplayer matches since installing the patch and none of us have seen that on putts.

RTSM - Pro

#32 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 08:50 AM

Did a bit more testing and the effect is there (for my system) if I have the Cameras and Views setting set to FOLLOW.  I could not see the effect if I left it on the PLAYER view.  Also turn the 'Snap Angle' setting to DISABLED.  Could explain why some are seeing it and others not.  The effect is enough to stop me using the FOLLOW camera view.

#33 tamuchan

tamuchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 06:38 PM

I have my resolution set at 1920 X 1080 the native display of my monitor.  Can you explain what Borderless Fullscreen and Exclusive Fullscreen are?  Which one is my resolution?  What would this patch do for my resolution?  Thanks.

Fullscreen of PG(Perfect Golf) is borderless Fullscreen Window in which you can switch between windows by pressing Alt+Tab and come back to PG.
But in Exclusive Fullscreen Mode, once you switch between windows by pressing Alt+Tab, you can't come back to PG anymore.
You get an extra 1fps or more in Exclusive Fullscreen Mode because an application occupies the whole screen.
You should set "Resolution" to 1920x1080 and "Mode" to Fullscreen in Graphics Settings with my 'Exclusive Fullscreen Mode version' patch.

#34 tamuchan

tamuchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 07:51 PM

It seems that in putting, after you hit your ball with your putter, my pause render system on Real Time Swing is still working only while camera position and direction of view are being fixed.
So at the moment that camera position and direction of view are fixed, rendering by another camera for outside 100 meters starts and the framerate suddenly drops.

#35 tamuchan

tamuchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 08:39 PM

I fixed the following issue for Pause Render on Real Time Swing.
 Doesn't increase the framerate in specific directions of view.

The new version "Assembly-CSharp.dll" can be downloaded from
https://mega.nz/#!o5...NTj0HNX-xnNazoA

• DPRoberts likes this

#36 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 10:22 PM

I fixed the following issue for Pause Render on Real Time Swing.
 Doesn't increase the framerate in specific directions of view.

https://mega.nz/#!o5...NTj0HNX-xnNazoA

This hitching effect persists with this new version it seems.  My testing course BTW is abelscross where I see this effect.  But some other courses don't have this effect......Not sure what to make of it all.

#37 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 10:37 PM

It seems that in putting, after you hit your ball with your putter, my pause render system on Real Time Swing is still working only while camera position and direction of view are being fixed.
So at the moment that camera position and direction of view are fixed, rendering by another camera for outside 100 meters starts and the framerate suddenly drops.

And I assume that this framerate drop is what is causing the hitching I see.   Presumably the effect more noticeable the bigger the drop.

#38 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 21 December 2019 - 10:47 PM

I installed the second patch, the mainData but it was doing odd things to the game so I uninstalled it.  I then installed the 3rd patch, the Assembly d Sharp but still have to manually change the VSync at the beginning of each round to get the higher FPS.

RTSM - Pro

#39 tamuchan

tamuchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 11:36 AM

I installed the second patch, the mainData but it was doing odd things to the game so I uninstalled it.  I then installed the 3rd patch, the Assembly d Sharp but still have to manually change the VSync at the beginning of each round to get the higher FPS.

When you enter and exit Exclusive Fullscreen Mode, you get a few times of short screen blink.
The change of the 3rd patch has nothing to do with the 30fps lock.

#40 tamuchan

tamuchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 11:46 AM

And I assume that this framerate drop is what is causing the hitching I see.   Presumably the effect more noticeable the bigger the drop.

I fixed the following issues.
  My pause render system on Real Time Swing doesn't stop in rare situations by fixing the previous issue(Doesn't increase the framerate in specific directions of view).
  After hitting a ball, rendering by another camera for outside 100 meters starts at the moment that main camera position and direction of view are fixed.

https://mega.nz/#!8k...S7Q0fvnjJhmQ6S0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users