3 replies to this topic

#1 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 07:23 AM

I’ve just converted my home course to overlay and 3DG. I’ve put in some tees to create holes we used to play as kids when the course was quiet (7th tee to 3rd green etc). I can’t figure out how to remove the tee blocks so they don’t show in game. I know the Challenge Tees automatically don’t show and I want the same for the Forward Tees.
Also I’ve noticed that the tree quality has become terrible when more than 40 yards from them. There aren’t many trees so I think FPS can take a high quality setting.
Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

#2 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 18 February 2020 - 12:31 PM

The default tees are in Perfectgolf and are used if you don't define a prefab in CF. If you don't want any Markers to show at all just make an empty game object in your scene and make it into a prefab by dragging it into your project window. You can then define that as your tee object in all the available tee slots in CF.

• J.H.Buchanan and Birdie like this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#3 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 07:04 AM

Cheers Boss.

#4 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 18 June 2020 - 04:46 AM

I’ve just converted my home course to overlay and 3DG. I’ve put in some tees to create holes we used to play as kids when the course was quiet (7th tee to 3rd green etc). I can’t figure out how to remove the tee blocks so they don’t show in game. I know the Challenge Tees automatically don’t show and I want the same for the Forward Tees.
Also I’ve noticed that the tree quality has become terrible when more than 40 yards from them. There aren’t many trees so I think FPS can take a high quality setting.
Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

If one does not want to show tee markers this is what you do - it is what NoPutt said in his post which is blacked out for some reason here is the step by step 

This is what this means:

1. Under Hierarchy click on Create and choose Create Empty

1. Then this makes a thing under Hierarchy called game object

1. Click and drag this GameObject to the Project Area I made sure it was NOT put in an existing folder not sure if this matters or not but it ends up by itself this may be best. - So now you have a prefab looking thing in your Project Area that reads GameObject. So now you drag this to the Tee Things 

1. Then you make sure Course Forge is on and then click and drag the GameObject from the PROJECT area to the Tee Things.

This is what I mean by the Tee Things the area where the Tees are. Click on the Giant P thing that you click on in course forge to compile your course  (But do not compile it) When you click on the P thing - right next to it is the "Show Settings" gear looking thing clicking on this you can put in the Author and Name of your course it ALSO shows the Tee Things - so under Tee Markers Championship Tee and all of them it probably reads None (Game  in this "None (Game" area you click and drop the GameObject from the PROJECT area. 

Upon doing this correctly it will read GameObject in the Championship Tee Area do this for any Tees you do not want to be seen. 

Finally there is a .pdf file click the link below it has screenshots and explanations of exactly where to click and stuff. 

https://www.mediafir...howing.pdf/file

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users