#1 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCanvey Island, Essex, UK

Posted 06 April 2020 - 01:27 PM

So today four of us was playing the new Cape Kidnappers course in an Alt Shot. I remarked to my partner that he was aiming way too high on a putt and he asked me why I thought that? I said well the balls are moving slower than I've ever seen them on the grid lines. he said they were moving fast on his screen. So we timed them and on his screen they were taking 2-3 seconds to go from one intersection to the next, while on my screen, the same balls were taking 12-13 seconds. How can that be possible? We were on Skype, as usual, so I shared my screen and all the others said that theirs were fast but they could see that mine were really slow. 

Answers on a post card please..................

#2 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 06 April 2020 - 02:47 PM

Are you using the same grid size?

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#3 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 03:27 PM

Are you using the same grid size?

Yes we are, all at .5

#4 SJude

SJude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 03:54 PM

So today four of us was playing the new Cape Kidnappers course in an Alt Shot. I remarked to my partner that he was aiming way too high on a putt and he asked me why I thought that? I said well the balls are moving slower than I've ever seen them on the grid lines. he said they were moving fast on his screen. So we timed them and on his screen they were taking 2-3 seconds to go from one intersection to the next, while on my screen, the same balls were taking 12-13 seconds. How can that be possible? We were on Skype, as usual, so I shared my screen and all the others said that theirs were fast but they could see that mine were really slow. 

Answers on a post card please..................

Did you disconnect and have to come back into the game by chance?  This is a common problem my group and I see frequently when someone has to go out of game and come back in due to a disconnect or water glitch freeze.

• Ian likes this

#5 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 04:09 PM

Indeed we did, but I can't remember if the ball speed difference was there before we resumed, or not? I've never noticed it before but I'll look out for it now you've told me. 

#6 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 08:01 PM

We have that sometimes in our group. It is usually the same player who has the problem and a disconnect and resume doesn't fix it. It usually starts at hole #2 for him. I guess it might be a sync Problem as we saw some pikes on his ping. Not sure if this is the problem but you may check the ping next time

Who cares...

#7 SteadiEddie

SteadiEddie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCorowa,NSW, Australia

Posted 07 April 2020 - 03:19 AM

Could very well be a matter of " verifying files" in Steam. Make sure game is closed, go to Steam library, left click on JNPG, then properties, then click "Local Files" then click "Verify Local Files". Hope this helps, fellas. Ed.

#8 SteadiEddie

SteadiEddie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 03:24 AM

Also, if files are needed, you will see them being downloaded on the bottom of the page you are viewing. Cheers !. Ed.

#9 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 06:00 AM

I verify my game files about once a month and always if something seems a bit unusual. 

Fungolfer, I check our ping constantly, because one of our group is a 3C player that gets both sliders and meter stutter, even though he has an Alienware Area 52 (2) with a 2080 card, 64 gb ram etc. 

• fungolfer likes this

#10 SteadiEddie

SteadiEddie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 09:07 AM

Not your game files, M8. Theirs....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users