25 replies to this topic

#1 tamuchan

tamuchan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 09:28 AM

This patch is only for Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf ver1.4.3.0 released in April 2020.
It can be downloaded from
https://mega.nz/file...naYAxce4gaznngQ

Features:
The framerate is about 1.4 times.
Extends Tree Quality range for low-power GPUs
NVIDIA SLI is enabled.
Increases the framerate(1.1-3.0 times) during Real Time Swing by rendering objects only within the distance of 100 meters and using the previous rendering outside 100 meters. (You need to set "Pause Render on Swing" to "On" in Graphics Settings.)

You will be able to swing smoothly on Real Time Swing.
While my pause render system on Real Time Swing is working, the shadow of your player is being clearer and darker.

How to patch:

Replace "Assembly-CSharp.dll", "Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll", "mainData", and "resources.assets" with my patched files.

In the default setting for Steam,
"Assembly-CSharp.dll" and "Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll" are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Perfect Golf\Perfect Golf_Data\Managed
"mainData" and "resources.assets" are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Perfect Golf\Perfect Golf_Data

You should backup the original files before replacing them.

Known Issues for Pause Render on Real Time Swing:
Changes colors of far trees in some courses such as Crystal Pines.
Changes colors of fairways in Augusta 2018 by Skunky.
The seam of 100 meters' boundary is sometimes seen.
Doesn't increase or decreases the framerate around the times of 6:00 and 18:00 in Dynamic Sky mode.

If you don't like these issues, set "Pause Render on Swing" to "Off".

• KenR, fungolfer, Keith and 8 others like this

#2 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 10:48 AM

I never really liked pause on render simply because it seemed to turn off all lighting settings or whatever so the colors looked completely different during swing and it was too annoying.
But yesterday after a very long time I tried it again and all looked normally during swing, 3c swing btw. Even don't know if I have one of the patches installed or if I was doing something wrong in the past but this is really an great option now to maybe crank up 3dgrass distance a bit or whatever.
And no matter what, thanks for keeping patching.
  • clubcaptain likes this

#3 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 04:22 PM

Thank you tamuchan for updating the patch. It's much appreciated.

• KenR and Buck like this

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#4 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 04:30 PM

Agreed - thank you very much Tamuchan

#5 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 20 April 2020 - 08:02 PM

WOW...made a huge difference for me. 24fps to 31fps! Thank you sir!

y0CMzvQ.jpg

TtXHs6C.jpg

• balaceanca81 and Buck like this

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D (Windows 11)

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#6 balaceanca81

balaceanca81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 08:18 PM

Where can i find this course?..or you're woking on it now?..Looks very nice.

#7 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 20 April 2020 - 08:57 PM

Thanks...yes, I'm working on it and "Bobby's", also. They're both Robert Trent Jones II courses in Brainerd,Mn. Mr. Habiger was super nice to give me the OH and Lidar. They're not finished, but playable. Here's the download links if you want to play them. If you like tough putting, you'll love these greens! 

I put the shot points at 260 yards because I like using a 3 wood off the tee on shorter courses. Also, just leave the pins on "medium". There's 1 easy, 1 difficult and 8 to 10 mediums, so one time you may get a pin in the middle of the green, and the next time tucked behind a bunker...

Also, I haven't defined hazards yet, so keep it in play!  :D  When I get further along, I'll post links to updates. 

https://www.dropbox...._dutch.zip?dl=1 (it says "dutch" but this is "bobby's)

https://www.dropbox....bobbys.zip?dl=1 (it says "bobby's but this is "dutch)

They'll show up with the correct name in the carousel...

Dutch layout...https://course.blueg...=overview.htm#1

Bobby's layout...https://course.blueg...=overview.htm#1

• balaceanca81 likes this

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#8 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 21 April 2020 - 06:21 AM

Okay, I think I know what the problem is. (not sure why) Anyway, after you download the Zip file, "make a new folder" and name it exactly the same as the zip file, put the 3 files from the zip file into the folder you just made, and put that in your courses folder. (must be a dropbox problem, or I'm just totally stupid), probably the latter...lol

Here's a little video,too... :D

https://www.dropbox....8.799.mp4?raw=1

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#9 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 21 April 2020 - 10:19 AM

Yes can confirm that the 14306 patch works as it should.

NO strange boxes in the intro screens (which the 14305 patch had)

Framerates are a tad better than the 14305 patch

Old Course #9 No patches = 42 fps

Old Course #9 1306 = 44 fps rising to 186 fps on RTS activation. So I am able to max graphics settings on most courses and have a stable (vsync ON) 60 fps during the RTS swing. 

Good job sir. 

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#10 Niblick47

Niblick47

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 03:12 PM

If I don't use RTS or SLi do I need this patch?

#11 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 21 April 2020 - 03:18 PM

Hey tamuchan..any chance there's a random tees & pins patch up your sleeve? :D  Serious thanks for this patch update..big help to those of us w/older setups who want to run the 3DG courses.

• bortimus and Buck like this

#12 jamie_gates

jamie_gates

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 04:09 PM

does this include the other patches? I ask because of the reflective water patch? has this been disabled? but on the plus, got a massive fps boost with this patch, so, absulutely thankyou for continuing to support this

• Buck likes this

#13 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 04:19 PM

If I don't use RTS or SLi do I need this patch?

I'm also not sure if on 3c we'll need this patch or if we benefit or even may make things worse if we install it. But I stress it again this pause render feature alone is maybe the most overlooked thing of the game, especially in times of 3d grass and the likes. I still nearly can't believe that I now (since yesterday...) can crank up the grass to have it in all its glory and still have a butter smooth meter through this feature. I can now build my course for a 20-25fps when aiming or flying around but with the knowledge of still having 60-100fps when swinging. I think soon we'll not only see 3dg courses but also special pause render on swing courses...

#14 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 04:23 PM

I can tell you something:

Augusta 3DG (PRoS on)

Hole 1, 31 FPS --> while swing 124 FPS

Hole 2, 34 FPS --> while swing 116 FPS

Swing meter smooth as silk. Not sure if you need it or not, but it doesn't hurt for sure :)

Who cares...

#15 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 04:26 PM

I can now build my course for a 20-25fps when aiming or flying around but with the knowledge of still having 60-100fps when swinging.

Please consider not doing that. 

It’s a true joy and pleasure to have a smooth camera as the ball flies through the air and lands and rolls out as well as moving around in free cam to scout shots and situations. 

Just optimizing for what is possible during the swing with rendering paused, at the expense of performance during everything else, would be really discouraging and very negatively impact many other areas of playing the game. 

• Keith, RobC and Mailman like this

#16 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 21 April 2020 - 04:48 PM

It’s a true joy and pleasure to have a smooth camera as the ball flies through the air and lands and rolls out as well as moving around in free cam to scout shots and situations. 

Just optimizing for what is possible during the swing with rendering paused, at the expense of performance during everything else, would be really discouraging and very negatively impact many other areas of playing the game. 

Agreed I think you are quite correct Buck.  What I am looking for are 2 things ideally in any course : (1) A course that renders at 60 fps without me having to turn some of the sliders way down both for either the initial rendering, the RTS swing itself or during the ball flight  (2) I don't mind the odd hole where the framerates drop so long as the RTSM swing itself is smooth when the patch is activated.

However there was one course I played a few months back that was such a slideshow with the previous patch (after and before the RTSM swing) that the experience of playing the round was just horrid.  No thanks even though I got a smooth 60 fps but only during the actual swing. 

So please don't use this patch to make a course play like a slideshow either side of RTSM swing activation.  

• Buck likes this

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#17 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 05:36 PM

But I think it's still a difference between a smooth flyaround and a smooth meter. 25fps when flying around can feel really smooth but when concentrating on the tiny meter it may feel very laggy.
I also don't want a sideshow. The thing is to find the balance.

#18 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 05:50 PM

But I think it's still a difference between a smooth flyaround and a smooth meter. 25fps when flying around can feel really smooth but when concentrating on the tiny meter it may feel very laggy.
I also don't want a sideshow. The thing is to find the balance.

I'm not sure how acclimated you are to smooth 60fps, but 25fps feels, to me, awful compared to 60 when the camera is moving. 

Juttery, stuttery and very much immersion and enjoyment killing. 

#19 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 07:02 PM

I'm not sure how acclimated you are to smooth 60fps, but 25fps feels, to me, awful compared to 60 when the camera is moving.

Juttery, stuttery and very much immersion and enjoyment killing.

In the end it is up to taste what makes the immersion. That is why I was talking about special versions for pause render on. Where the focus is maybe a bit more on the golfer's view with really nice 3d grass with shadows and depth. Again, this makes no sense if moving around gets a sideshow. Maybe the 25fps is also a heavy example but it's sometimes a bit like in these Prepar3d discussion where people just focused on the counter instead of the landscape. For sure and as always if you want a bit more fidelity you also need to have a decent hardware. What may still be smooth and a good trade off on one system may easily become sideshow on another one. But it should be easy to make different renditions or even turn off or down 3d grass through the in game LOD slider.
Generally it's nice to no more start getting headache when getting near 30 or 40 fps with the background that it will be up again while swinging.

#20 Birdie

Birdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 21 April 2020 - 10:57 PM

Don't know if it's a bug or meant to work that way but does pause render only work with objects marked as "default" layer (in Unity)?

I saw some 3d grasses were visible through the ground and player while swinging with pause render on while the 3d rough was showng correctly. In Unity i now saw the other grasses/shrubs i had given another layer in the past. Changing them to default makes them work correctly.

Before i saw this i looked in game for a solution and i found setting the cam in f8 menu to forward also fixed the problem. I have my main camera and render setting in "Player" in Unity set to deferred btw.

8osvsQN.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users