#1 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

i know it is way early to talk about this but it may give the devs some ideas.

i used to be an admin at the caddyshack group at TWO,which by now should be over 9000

i used to let the new folks in and try to trim down the roster,as anyone on here who has been an admin on a group there will tell you when membership gets out of control it is hell to try and clean it up for the time you have to spend going through it at 5 members per page.what im wondering is could the devs set up these CC so that maybe 30 days without play that the members will be removed with the option of rejoining when they want back in.

also wondering if there will be some kind of one time charge to open a CC.

thanks

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#2 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

Yeah, Dave, that rings a bell. I remember how we manually kicked out over 3300 passive so-called members from our Stoners Club. Took me and two others admins a couple of days. From 3'400 down to 47... I'm pretty sure the gents at PP will give us better tools for crowd management.

I would urge, though, to start implementing Country Clubs as soon as possible. It was by far the best social feature in TWO and golf groups, as basic units of the future community, will be very important. Getting this right - including a good in-group chat, group tourneys setups, customizable group clubhouses etc... will be decisive.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#3 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

i also think a member search within the CCs would be great as at times i would have to search through so many pages to try and get rid of the trouble makers.

and people playing with multi personas which i could figure out.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#4 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

Yeah, Dave, that rings a bell. I remember how we manually kicked out over 3300 passive so-called members from our Stoners Club. Took me and two others admins a couple of days. From 3'400 down to 47... I'm pretty sure the gents at PP will give us better tools for crowd management.

I would urge, though, to start implementing Country Clubs as soon as possible. It was by far the best social feature in TWO and golf groups, as basic units of the future community, will be very important. Getting this right - including a good in-group chat, group tourneys setups, customizable group clubhouses etc... will be decisive.

yea i was in your group at TWO for awhile,then i found the caddyshack with voice chat and there was no looking back after that,did you guys ever do vent or TS?

Klipsch Sound System

#5 Jbx

Jbx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHampshire, England

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

Similar problems with The Oldies Group that I founded. Trimming membership was a real nightmare. A useful tool would have be a mass messaging tool to all members.  Only a small % of members used our forum and teamspeak.

Jbx%20golgBall1.jpg

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every mininute of it!

#6 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

Only a small % of members used our forum and teamspeak.

same with the caddyshack we have a website with tourneys,along with a ladder league,and teamspeak

and very few are on it,sure hope we get more people getting involved over here

Klipsch Sound System

#7 Jbx

Jbx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:27 PM

And the strange thing is Dave, that when members do decide to use the dedicated website and Teamspeak, they get sooo much more enjoyment and make new golfing buddies from around the globe!

Jbx%20golgBall1.jpg

#8 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:53 PM

And the strange thing is Dave, that when members do decide to use the dedicated website and Teamspeak, they get sooo much more enjoyment and make new golfing buddies from around the globe!

you are right,without the social angle i would have gotten bored long ago,at one time i left the caddyshack and hooked up with the players from a group that was mostly from england,scottland and other euro countrys and had some of my best times on two. i put up the teamspeak and we had a blast and it was great getting to learn about their culture ,group was the dirty dozen

Klipsch Sound System

#9 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSun City Center, FL

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

Seems like everyone who plays on line use TeamSpeak. I have a Sunday group and we join up in Skype and then use GameRanger to launch the Links game.

What do you (anybody who replies) feel is the best reason for using TeamSpeak?

Just curious.

Jerry

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg
Administrator of KISS Tours

Dell XPS Desktop
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 @ 4.0 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB
1TB SATA HardDrive

#10 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

Seems like everyone who plays on line use TeamSpeak. I have a Sunday group and we join up in Skype and then use GameRanger to launch the Links game.

Just curious.

Jerry

Just curious.

Jerry

well the first reason for teamspeak it works great,and not everyone wants to sign up to skype with teamspeak you don't sign up for any websites you just go there and download the client for free. and it is not that much i can't remember the prices but it is cheep to have your own server. also on teamspeak we use it in our group for ladder tourneys and sometimes we get as many as 10/15 people playing so all matches are done in private rooms if you want it that way.seems over on ours it has gotten where many will just stay in the lobby,really it is the only way,that way you don't miss out on any of the laughs.lol

but a lot of us dont get bothered with the back ground yacking but it does take some getting used to

sorry  bout the earlier answer with all the holes

Klipsch Sound System

#11 Jbx

Jbx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

We used it in the Oldies group and like Dave we could have a dozen or more on Teamspeak at once. Those playing serious rounds went into private rooms. The rest of us became great buddies and enjoyed the banter. Currently use it in CGX TW08 tours.

Jbx%20golgBall1.jpg

#12 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

We used it in the Oldies group and like Dave we could have a dozen or more on Teamspeak at once. Those playing serious rounds went into private rooms. The rest of us became great buddies and enjoyed the banter. Currently use it in CGX TW08 tours.

yea the friendships you build. the breakfast club pic in my sig we are the guys that are there early morning most days

and the banter is just great. i recomend the voice chat to all playing the game. you wont look back after you spend some time at it.

who  wants to have to keep typing into some dang little window to chat. get with the times folks you really don't know what you're missing!!!

Klipsch Sound System

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users