#1 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 07 June 2020 - 05:16 AM

Never mind this post I have to I think ... give it water properties etc. thats the issue 

What is the reality with water hazards and Perfect Golf ???

According to the video by Andrew if you follow it and play test it the game allows you to hit the ball while it shows the player submerged I suppose it allows this so you can play it as it lies in the event the ball ends up next to the water. So point is - do I just march ahead even though a player may play my course and end up being able to hit it out of the water is this just part of course design with Perfect Parrallel or is there some way to set up the hazard so it acts right. 

If I make it a water hazard the video indicates one does not need to define the START and END points it ONLY mentions the necessity of this if one defines a LATERAL WATER HAZARD - but of course when ya set it up to be a WATER HAZARD not a lateral water hazard meaning the stakes are WHITE because its a water hazard what happens is the game simply locks up. 

It seems to ONLY work if one makes it a Lateral Water Hazard and then define the START and END points but of course if one does this it allows the player to do a drop, rehit with penalty and of course just play it as it lies which is in the water with the player submerged. 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#2 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 09:16 AM

White Stakes are OOB
Yellow Stakes water hazard
Red Stakes lateral water hazard.

#3 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 07 June 2020 - 05:15 PM

Set water plane to be water on physics collider. Then if it crosses water plane, no as it lies option. If inside stakes but not crossing water plane = as it lies. Works well!

#4 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 08 June 2020 - 08:23 PM

Set water plane to be water on physics collider. Then if it crosses water plane, no as it lies option. If inside stakes but not crossing water plane = as it lies. Works well!

thanks thats the best .. for me is to just call it a Water Hazard Period then no need to set up a start or end thing also once I remember to define it at a water plane then its perfect doing this allows for either a drop or a rehit both with penalties and then it does not allow a shot by the golfer within the water so this is great also it allows the play it as it lies if its within the stakes but NOT in the water 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users