Photo

Proper ways to back up the Unity Project the Golf Course ???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 12 June 2020 - 09:23 PM

Ok so when I made a golf course I told unity where to locate it where to save it etc. this was not in the default location anyway I named the folder say "course 1" so it made this folder when I back up the terrain and the scene it goes into this folder in various subfolders - but in order to back up this course do I simply just need to back up this entire folder named in this example "course 1" it is 16 gigs !!! One thing I do which may be stupid is each time I do a save I back up the terrain and the scene naming them the same such as "h1a"  which to me means hole 1 a and I make sure I do not use caps. then maybe the next one is h1b Point is should I just back up the entire folder I guess thats the thing to do then if I start from scratch I can re install Unity 5.2.3. then put Course Forge back into it them start Unity and click open and tell it where to find the entire folder I saved which is in this case "course 1" ?????????

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#2 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 June 2020 - 09:05 AM

Right click on Project Folder, send to Compressed zip folder.

After you've done more work, repeat and delete the old back-up.

Do this at least once a week depending on how much work

you've done. 

If you ever need a project back up, extract the zip, open folder,

click on Assets and click the Unity icon.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#3 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 13 June 2020 - 06:43 PM

Brilliant 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users