4 replies to this topic

#1 ScottL48

ScottL48

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMyrtle Beach, SC

Posted 03 July 2020 - 10:51 PM

Hello to everyone, I have a question for anyone that is a designer or user of SpeedTree Modeler, first off I am trying to generate new trees for a course that I am working on and not really sure on which SpeedTree modeler that I need to invest in for building trees to use in Unity CF. I have purchased the files from SpeedTree and I thought that what I was buying was the trees themselves but that is not the case so now I need to build my trees from what I have bought, kind of dumb on my part but what the hay, live and learn, so any help would be grateful and very much appreciated.

Designer ScottL48

#2 BSilvernail

BSilvernail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Florida

Posted 04 July 2020 - 12:53 AM

You will need to use SpeedTree Modeler 7 for Unity to create trees for Perfect Golf. It is a monthly subscription model and you can sign up here:

https://store.speedt...eler-for-unity/

The nice thing is that you can open the SpeedTree objects that were included with the Course Forge and modify them as much as you want in the modeler to create new trees.

#3 ScottL48

ScottL48

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMyrtle Beach, SC

Posted 04 July 2020 - 04:56 AM

Thank you BSilvernail, for the help on this issue, do you use this program to make trees? Or if someone here uses it to produce trees I may need to ask them for help if at all possible with it, just in case i do not understand something. So designers be prepared to be bombarded with questions!  :D  :wacko:

#4 RBarley

RBarley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationEastern Pennsylvania

Posted 04 July 2020 - 02:24 PM

To modify or build trees you'll need the modeler program that Brian mentioned. You should be able to import the trees into Unity that you already bought. I think Mike Jones has a tutorial on how to do this for you in the tutorial section in this forum. You can PM me if further help is needed. A lot of members here can help in someway or another if needed.

#5 BSilvernail

BSilvernail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Florida

Posted 07 July 2020 - 06:01 PM

Thank you BSilvernail, for the help on this issue, do you use this program to make trees? Or if someone here uses it to produce trees I may need to ask them for help if at all possible with it, just in case i do not understand something. So designers be prepared to be bombarded with questions!  :D  :wacko:

Yes, I use the SpeedTree Modeler. If you have questions, you can post them here and myself or other designers should be able to help out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users