#1 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 10 July 2020 - 07:48 AM

Hey guys, I was painting a road texture on my course, and it works fine going east/west. Is there a way to "flip" it when I want it to point north/south? Or, is this a bad idea, period.  :mellow:  (not sure what I'll do when the road starts curving) lol

ObO2cJI.jpg

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D (Windows 11)

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#2 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 08:49 AM

I had a similar problem.  The advice was EasyRoads.

#3 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 10 July 2020 - 09:18 AM

I just thought about that after I posted...hopefully, I can figure out how to use this texture with it.  (kinda like it)   ^_^ I'll watch Mikes tutorial, again. Thanks!

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#4 BSilvernail

BSilvernail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Florida

Posted 10 July 2020 - 02:22 PM

Hey guys, I was painting a road texture on my course, and it works fine going east/west. Is there a way to "flip" it when I want it to point north/south? Or, is this a bad idea, period.  :mellow:  (not sure what I'll do when the road starts curving) lol

Could you just add an alternate version of the same texture that is rotated 90º in your image editing software and then paint that onto your terrain?

#5 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:11 AM

Could you just add an alternate version of the same texture that is rotated 90º in your image editing software and then paint that onto your terrain?

You're a genius!  :D  Thanks, that looks better...

RGjkLwE.jpg

• BSilvernail likes this

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#6 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 15 July 2020 - 12:59 AM

This is the best road I have seen I wouldn't even mine crossing it in my golf cart and getting hit by an old lady or some kid on a tricycle. And look at the house with the green lantern 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#7 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 15 July 2020 - 02:26 AM

This is the best road I have seen I wouldn't even mine crossing it in my golf cart and getting hit by an old lady or some kid on a tricycle. And look at the house with the green lantern 

Thanks... :D I got the house courtesy of Justin 9926 (scroll down to bottom) http://www.perfectpa...or-courseforge/

The road texture courtesy of Sketch Up. Just register, and you get 15 free downloads a day. (I think mine was 07599)

https://www.sketchup...ure/roads/roads

The green lantern courtesy of GAZ street props. (free unity asset)

https://assetstore.u...eet-props-57285

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#8 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 02:02 PM

You're a genius!  :D  Thanks, that looks better...

RGjkLwE.jpg

Becareful though... you can only have a limited number of painted textures.  If I remember correctly, its in stacks of 4 and once you get past 12 you might end up with some problems. One of the problems is that one the textures will show up as solid white.  If you are not careful you can lose alot of painted work.  I also seem to remember that some people have pulled off more than 12, so I don't know the details of why, when and how many.

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#9 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 16 July 2020 - 02:59 PM

Becareful though... you can only have a limited number of painted textures.  If I remember correctly, its in stacks of 4 and once you get past 12 you might end up with some problems. One of the problems is that one the textures will show up as solid white.  If you are not careful you can lose alot of painted work.  I also seem to remember that some people have pulled off more than 12, so I don't know the details of why, when and how many.

Thanks!...good to know. I think I'm up to 8 different textures (including OH), right now. So far, no problems...

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#10 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 19 July 2020 - 01:27 AM

Thanks... :D I got the house courtesy of Justin 9926 (scroll down to bottom) http://www.perfectpa...or-courseforge/

The road texture courtesy of Sketch Up. Just register, and you get 15 free downloads a day. (I think mine was 07599)

https://www.sketchup...ure/roads/roads

The green lantern courtesy of GAZ street props. (free unity asset)

https://assetstore.u...eet-props-57285

thanks !!!

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users