Photo

Another HELP problem..

Best Answer Joe Habiger , 21 July 2020 - 09:35 PM

My stupidity turned off billboards for the grass and that's what caused it!!  PHEW now I can get back to work because this was driving me nuts...

Thanks for saying something about billboard because it had me thinking and now I just changed them to billboard and it looks fine but I do have to change something because wow they look a bit bright and I have to resize the grass objects now I think.

wriEwYQ.jpg

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 21 July 2020 - 01:30 AM

So I have been working on a Ryder Cup Layout of Hazeltine National and I just ran into a problem and have no idea what I did. I think I might have done some fiddling with settings but I added a new grass texture and compiled and now it looks all weird like I have mow lines in my 2D grass but I don't. It was working fine before!

Unlike many of you I don't save shit except for saving the scene because I never crash. I have backups of Hazeltine but there older and not really worth it because this seems like it could be so simple since it is just the one thing I am having the problem with. Look at the screen shots and maybe you'll know whats wrong, maybe you won't and I might have to delete all the grass and start over but I am not sure that is the problem because it looks fine in Unity. Here is all my settings, some are birdies and some are default or mine. THIS HAS TO BE SIMPLE!!!!!!

a6pQGXv.jpg

CUf1Cd8.jpg

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#2 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 02:10 AM

Pretty wild effect. Are those all the same plant type (2D billboard)? Think your answer will reside somewhere in the grass planting tool in Unity. Show us the settings in there and for that grass type.

Change your quality settings from Fastest to Fantastic as well and see if that does anything.

#3 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 09:40 AM

I'll take a screenshot after work. I have 4 different types of 2d grass in these areas. I did turn off billboards for the main 2d grass. Maybe that's it? I did have it on Fantastic as well and reverted back to fastest trying to figure it out. My course has very good frames so I dont need it on fastest..lol
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#4 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 09:35 PM   Best Answer

My stupidity turned off billboards for the grass and that's what caused it!!  PHEW now I can get back to work because this was driving me nuts...

Thanks for saying something about billboard because it had me thinking and now I just changed them to billboard and it looks fine but I do have to change something because wow they look a bit bright and I have to resize the grass objects now I think.

wriEwYQ.jpg

• Jugador likes this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#5 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 10:00 PM

Yep, just adjust the Healthy and Dry color settings for the grass types. In game, it'll oscillate between the healthy and dry colors. Go check out any Mikahenrick design for someone who rocks with the 2D vegetation.
  • Joe Habiger likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users