#1 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationRancho Cordova, California

Posted 29 July 2020 - 08:49 PM

I'm surprised I didn't do this earlier because before today it was mostly a hunch.
I went out to the practice green and on all chips I didn't move when I got there You get placed a couple of feet off the green every time. Every chip was 100%. Here are the results:

STIMP GREEN DISTANCE (ft)
14 Soft 77'
14 Normal 80'
14 Hard 82'

10 Soft 69'
10 Normal 71'
10 Hard 73'

As you can see there is a significant difference.
Hope this helps getting you a chip-in birdie!

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

Video       Introduction       My YouTube      The Return

#2 calvin_de_beverly

calvin_de_beverly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 08:56 PM

Although your data is significant and very helpful, you might be even more helpful to me personally if you could tell me where in the heck this chipping practice green is?

Thank you,

Calvin De Beverly

#3 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:24 PM

Although your data is significant and very helpful, you might be even more helpful to me personally if you could tell me where in the heck this chipping practice green is?

Thank you,

Calvin De Beverly

Just set up a round at any course and instead of "stroke" select "practice."  Make sure you have mulligans on before you click create and then get on a course and use the golf ball in lower left of screen to place your shot where ever you like. Click on the ball and then click on spot of choice.  Over head map or any other view works fine...

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#4 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 10:10 PM

Go to Woody's Practice Area. It's a nine hole practice area that PP made. But when looking for it in the carousel look under P for practice. It's a perfectly flat green to check your putting distances, chipping, pitching, among other things. Like Jaspirate mentioned use the practice mode when setting the game up. That way you can move yourself around and keep using mulligans.

• tanman05851 likes this

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#5 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationRancho Cordova, California

Posted 30 July 2020 - 03:40 PM

Thank you,
Calvin De Beverly

Added to what's been said:
After I click "Solo" I type "Prac" (don't need to type the whole word) and probably go one course back on Carousel course list.
I think there are 5 different locations around the green and on the fw.
Go into "Practice mode" when you setup on the setup screen, that way you can move the ball around (definitely select unlimited mullies).
Actually when you get to the setup of your course just click on everything you see to get an idea of what's there

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

Video       Introduction       My YouTube      The Return

#6 calvin_de_beverly

calvin_de_beverly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 02:30 AM

Awesome guys! Thank you all so very much. I have been looking for this option for years. Dah. So simple.

• RobV likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users