Posted 10 October 2020 - 08:27 PM

I noticed in Course Forge that the types of tees available are:

Championship
Tournament
Back
Forward
Ladies
Challenge

However as I look through various already built course you don't necessarily find all 7 in the select tee type. Am I correct in assuming that the program builds only the tees that you create in CF. For example if I create only Championship type tees then you would only find Champion in the list when you go to play the game?

Also am I correct in assuming that if you pick say Ladies in the play game tee type list then that golfer would automatically be placed on the ladies tee at each whole? 

Would that also mean if  you have a given tee type for hole 1, that you need to place a tee of that type on each hole? 

And also, how is yardage away from the green determined? Is that just arbitrary for what I want or are there rules?

Thank you,
Calvin De Beverly

#2 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 11:36 AM

Might be good to check out the CF section of this forum.. lots of great posts there.  

#3 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 12:01 PM

I noticed in Course Forge that the types of tees available are:

Championship
Tournament
Back
Forward
Ladies
Challenge

However as I look through various already built course you don't necessarily find all 7 in the select tee type. Am I correct in assuming that the program builds only the tees that you create in CF. For example if I create only Championship type tees then you would only find Champion in the list when you go to play the game?

Also am I correct in assuming that if you pick say Ladies in the play game tee type list then that golfer would automatically be placed on the ladies tee at each whole? 

Would that also mean if  you have a given tee type for hole 1, that you need to place a tee of that type on each hole? 

And also, how is yardage away from the green determined? Is that just arbitrary for what I want or are there rules?

Thank you,
Calvin De Beverly

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. If you have a champ tee on hole 1, it's best to put champ tees on all the holes.  Otherwise if you only have champ on hole 1, when you set up an 18 hole round off champ tees the game will only let you play hole 1...I think

4. I'm not sure how the game creates yardage.  It's not important unless you're making a real course and you're using the CF ruler tool to be pedantic.

#4 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 06:17 PM

As Rob mentioned you would be better off posting these questions in the CF forum under questions and answers.

As far as the yardage goes. A par three goes from T to flag. A par four will go from T to your first shot point then to the flag. A par five will go from T to your first shot point then to your second shot point then to the flag. Those will be the yardages shown on the scorecard. But when in game it will show your yardage from T to flag. For example if you have a par four with a dogleg. It may be 333 yards going from T to shot point to flag. But the game may show it as 302 yards because it will show from the T to the flag not taking in consideration of the dogleg.

LmPeaQ5.jpg

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#5 calvin_de_beverly

calvin_de_beverly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 October 2020 - 01:20 AM

Oh I am sorry I thought this was the forum for these kinds of question. I am embarassed.

#6 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 12 October 2020 - 05:01 AM

You can use as many or as few as you want, just make sure the same amount are on every hole, or it may cause issues later.

The hole yardages vary depending on the pin location, which is why you may have a 183 yard par three one day and a 174 yard par three the next. I don't know how to obtain the scorecard yardages; someone created an averaging algorithm but it only took the average of the different pin positions so it wasn't the same thing.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users