3 replies to this topic

#1 calvin_de_beverly

calvin_de_beverly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 08:50 PM

I am going to try to include a screen shot of this problem. I put this file up on one drive and have the link to it. We will see how that goes.

Anyway if you can see the image it is clear that the serpent shaped fairway spline on the left is wrong. The one on the right built correctly. The area for the fairway drew outside of the dotted line. I do not know how to fix this and I would hate to recreate the spline. I will if I have to but at least for future reference what went wrong and is there a way to fix this other than a re-draw?

#2 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 11:38 PM

Splines for different terrain types can't be touching and there needs to be a clear space between them.  Presumably you have  light rough or rough enclosing the fairway ? If so move the shape points on the rough away from the fairway so they don't touch.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#3 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 12:16 AM

Other issue may be the shape you have created. Sometimes, if you create too sharp of an angle with the spline points, the mesh will not form correctly. Try adjusting the points that the red arrows point to in the image below. Move them so the angles in those areas aren't as acute and then recalculate your spline.

http://imgur.com/a/haRuLr0

#4 calvin_de_beverly

calvin_de_beverly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 02:14 AM

Thank you all. Yup it was the angles. I smoothed those two spots you indicated with the red arrows and ba-da-bam. Go figure something so simple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users