Photo

The game works well on macOS - again/still?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 04:35 PM

Just a PSA for anyone still around, but I've had occasion to fire up the game on macOS Big Sur (latest release) on both my Hackintosh build (pretty modest i7 8700 and RX 580) and a couple Apple Silicon machines (MacBook Air and Mac mini - both with M1 chips)

and Perfect Golf runs really well on all three setups.

it runs best for sure on my hack with that RX 580, but it's quite usable and enjoyable on the entry level M1 machines also.

#2 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 06:11 PM

Just a PSA for anyone still around, but I've had occasion to fire up the game on macOS Big Sur (latest release) on both my Hackintosh build (pretty modest i7 8700 and RX 580) and a couple Apple Silicon machines (MacBook Air and Mac mini - both with M1 chips)

and Perfect Golf runs really well on all three setups.

it runs best for sure on my hack with that RX 580, but it's quite usable and enjoyable on the entry level M1 machines also.

Well, look at that... the game just gained 3 more players! 

#3 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 07:32 PM

lol - in all seriousness, it's great to be able to run it on the Mac side as I enjoy the RTS-M experience much more on the Mac.

Not sure why - might be settings on Windows mouse, but I find it much more controllable and enjoyable on macOS

I actually really enjoy RTS-M with the Magic Trackpad also

#4 pctyoyo

pctyoyo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 04:37 PM

That's interesting, Buck.  On Mojave, I'm still unable to run PG, as outlined in this thread:

http://www.perfectpa...temojave-10146/

#5 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 04:57 PM

That's interesting, Buck. On Mojave, I'm still unable to run PG, as outlined in this thread:

http://www.perfectpa...temojave-10146/

Weird..

No issues at all on Big Sur

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users