#81 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 16 September 2021 - 12:26 AM

People here so much about Seattle but until I had a good flyover it's hard to get an idea of a place. This game gives you a much better perspective of...well, everywhere.

They didn't do a perfect job of the grave monument but it had the essence I suppose. If it had of looked authentic I would have landed on a nearby street and walked around. Anyway, 'Little Wing' was an obvious choice. Even though I Bandicammmed the song and then ripped the audio with Audacity, YouTube still 'recognised' it and checked the copyright but allowed it via the owners. Interesting.

• tanman05851 likes this

#82 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 05:51 AM

If you used a Led Zeppelin song YouTube probably would have blocked it. 🙄

-MERACE

#83 tanman05851

tanman05851

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationNorthEast Kingdom,Republic of Vermont

Posted 16 September 2021 - 05:39 PM

Ya never know with the Hendrix Estate. I have a modest(ie-I don't do it for money) YT channel.I posted an entire audio only show of a certain performer.His cover of "Are You Experienced/" got blocked BUT ONLY IN THE US.It gets better.The video of the exact same performance is allowed everywhere.

Windows 10 Pro -Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8400 Processor-ASRock Z370 Extreme4 Motherboard-Corsair DDR4 2666 MHZ(16GB)

Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB Turbo Edition-Dell S3220DGF-3C-Logitech G502

Finally found a competitive AI "Phil Mucklebot" Aggressive Pro 3,3,3,3,3,5

#84 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 02:17 AM

It's pretty extreme blocking covers. It would be great if you could find out the original performer/writer's policy from a more enlightened time. "It's out there in the universe for everyone and everything man." But everyone wants to be a billionaire these days - even though, if they aren't the original, they don't 'really' own anything.  Keep your greedy, grasping hands off.

• MERACE likes this

#85 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 09:47 AM

• MERACE and tanman05851 like this

#86 tanman05851

tanman05851

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationNorthEast Kingdom,Republic of Vermont

Posted 17 September 2021 - 09:47 PM

Well that was fun.
I wonder if the game would let you fly underneath the Golden Gate bridge?Something I'm pretty sure is not allowed IRL(but I'm just guessing).

Windows 10 Pro -Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8400 Processor-ASRock Z370 Extreme4 Motherboard-Corsair DDR4 2666 MHZ(16GB)

Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB Turbo Edition-Dell S3220DGF-3C-Logitech G502

Finally found a competitive AI "Phil Mucklebot" Aggressive Pro 3,3,3,3,3,5

#87 Goran JoeMen

Goran JoeMen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 17 September 2021 - 11:21 PM

One perhaps stupid question, is the flying time same as realtime? In Euro Truck Sim I would guess 1 hour in real time takes 5 minutes on motorways, and perhaps 1/3 in cities,

But as the Flight Sim is based on Google Earth as I understand it might be different?

http://www.goranmentzer.st

RTS-M pro  -  Intel i5-9600K 3.7ghz  - 16GB  RAM - GeForce RTX 2060 super  - 2560x1440

#88 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 12:50 AM

I think at this point we can rename this website to “Ted’s flying blog”
  • MERACE likes this

#89 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 01:19 AM

tanman...I was thinking the exact thing yesterday. 

I should get to San Francisco tomorrow.

Yeah Goran. It's in real time. The moonfall over Mt Rainier was an example. The sunsets come on gradually like real life etc. etc. It all makes it 'realistic'.

Buck, I was thinking exactly the same thing. I'll probably blog it sometime. After all, it's gone viral here (compared to the flood of golf threads. lol)

• Mulligan and Buck like this

#90 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 02:02 AM

Buck, I was thinking exactly the same thing. I'll probably blog it sometime. After all, it's gone viral here (compared to the flood of golf threads. lol)

Careful!  

Don't get too big or the Jones crew might try to extort some affiliate fees out of you...

• Ted_Ball likes this

#91 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 09:07 AM

The moonfall over Mt Rainier was an example. The sunsets come on gradually like real life etc. etc. It all makes it 'realistic'.

What a goose. It wasn't a moonfall it was a moonrise mate. 

Forgive me. I'm on the east coast of Oz and the moon 'falls' over the land (to the west). I was wondering why it wasn't getting closer to the horizon. Lucky I'm a rogue flyer and didn't have to sit for a licence.

#92 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 11:42 AM

Lordy...there are a lot of dormant volcanoes down the west coast of the USA. I hope they're dormant - Mt St Helens did blow her side out!

I guess when the big ones hit, Yellowstone, San Andreas etc. it should kick things off. Anyway, not to worry.

Hey scrambler. I did a fly down what I assume is the Lost Coast Highway out of Fortuna. It's called the Avenue Of The Giants. The trees were sort of well done but they are probably much taller in real life. It was fun though.

#93 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 11:47 AM

Ah wait there scrambler. I found the real Lost Coast ride. I'll do another spin tomorrow.

#94 Perculator

Perculator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 01:27 PM

Yes, you can fly under the Golden Gate.

• Ted_Ball and tanman05851 like this

i5-4670K | GeForce GTX 970 4GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 10 64 bit.

#95 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 02:22 PM

Hey scrambler. The Lost Coast Highway render was no good. A shame. It would have been great fun. They are trying to make 3D from a 2D image so clffs are problems. Never mind. On to San Francisco !

• MERACE, remers, rob1312 and 1 other like this

#96 scrambler

scrambler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 19 September 2021 - 06:43 PM

Thank for trying Ted. The thing that makes the Lost Coast Highway great is how rough and unrepaired the road is. Great for an adventure  bike but not an airplane. Keep the videos coming. They make my day.

• Ted_Ball likes this

#97 Goran JoeMen

Goran JoeMen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 September 2021 - 10:58 PM

Oh the bridge flying was incredible, unless the wires lining the bridge are invisible like some trees in PG  :)

You turned it into an action game suddenly, I often nod off when looking at longer youtube videos of flight sims. 

http://www.goranmentzer.st

RTS-M pro  -  Intel i5-9600K 3.7ghz  - 16GB  RAM - GeForce RTX 2060 super  - 2560x1440

#98 scrambler

scrambler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 19 September 2021 - 11:37 PM

Does the new flight sim come with the WW1 war game with the bi and tri planes?

#99 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 05:04 AM

Does the new flight sim come with the WW1 war game with the bi and tri planes?

There's no WW1 planes in the lot that come with the game but there might be some that people have modded. No guns though.

I wanted to chase that small plane at San Francisco but I had to finish the vid. I've turned on "All Players" to see other people playing the game. It would be cool to fly with a friend or two. 

#100 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 02:19 PM

Well, I've had a bit of a crisis and I've had to make a decision on the run.

We flew out of San Francisco this afternoon and had to negotiate the high range between there and Las Vegas. I chose a mountain pass near Yosemite National Park which I thought I could climb through. The Robin struggled up to 9,000 feet at full throttle and I could see I had to climb even further. When the stall alarm started to sound constantly I knew I was doomed. Once you're in those tight valleys it's impossible to make a turn - especially at full throttle and no airspeed.

So I had to abort and start out again from San Francisco. Sadly, I had to trade the Robin for a more powerful plane. I managed to get a good deal. All I had to do was take some stuff to Las Vegas for this guy. Seemed legit. I didn't ask too many questions.

The little Robin was a great plane and was a good ride to get my hours up. She did a wonderful job considering where we've been and the conditions we've flown through. I now realise for a long journey you can't have a plane that makes the journey drag. It was fun to push it to it's limits though. It certainly made the adventure more exciting.

Anyway, I'll show you the new bird tomorrow.

This is a video (speeded up) which shows the climb through the high pass. It was just a tough climb at just above stall speed. I couldn't get any altitude at all. Hard work. I'm sort of convinced the thin air at those heights has a real detrimental effect on climb rate. It's not that exciting (apart from the soundtrack) - it's just an experiment with speeded up time. But it took about half an hour to slog up there and this is only a ten minute section.

• tanman05851 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users