• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 10 August 2021 - 10:48 AM

When I first started designing 'virtual' golf courses over 20 years ago, it was a dream of mine to be able to do what I loved and actually make a career out of it. With Trackman, I am lucky enough to lead a team of talented, like minded designers who had that same dream.

When we were expanding our course design team, the first place I always wanted to look was among the passionate community of virtual course designers that I wanted to be able to offer that same opportunity to follow their dreams.

We already have a team of 7 designers working at Trackman on courses and graphics development (many of whom are well known in the CF community) and we want to expand the team further. 

If you think you have what it takes and want the opportunity to follow your dream, drop me a private message or mail me at mjo@trackman.com

• JoeF, cajuncapgun, TheBigYin519 and 2 others like this

#2 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 12 August 2021 - 07:26 PM

Hey MJ, good to hear your still doing what you love to do...for someone who rebuilt Links 2003 from the ground up, and created this really cool PG, you deserve to have some success with Trackman!  Best of luck!  :D

• shimonko and ScottL48 like this

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#3 lefty1948

lefty1948

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 13 August 2021 - 02:45 AM

I agree with what Jugador said 100%, all the best to you Mike! :D

• Jugador likes this

#4 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 13 August 2021 - 09:00 AM

Think about it - you get to work from home, and use Course Forge all day - for money! :)

• Jugador and ScottL48 like this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#5 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 14 August 2021 - 12:48 AM

Think about it - you get to work from home, and use Course Forge all day - for money! :)

I guess it's ok for designers, which I am not. Don't know the first thing about Course Forge. But I can't get that awful taste of a sellout out of my mouth. Especially when others post screenshots of the results of Trackman's designs on this forum. Links had P2P which I gladly shelled out the money. Are there huge contractual obligations that would prevent that from happening here? 

• LeazesNDR likes this

#6 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 08:49 AM

I'll hazard a guess that (if the team) is exceptional in all areas of Game and Course designing there may just be a Perfect Golf II around the corner - or perhaps the current owners will put a new title on the game.  Best of success.

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#7 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 August 2021 - 11:14 PM

I'll hazard a guess that (if the team) is exceptional in all areas of Game and Course designing there may just be a Perfect Golf II around the corner - or perhaps the current owners will put a new title on the game.  Best of success.

Can they do that, put out a game with a new title? I don't know what kind of contractual considerations there are for these designers, neither am I an attorney. But it would be nice to see something in the works. 

#8 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 25 August 2021 - 01:18 AM

There’s no new PC game coming guys..
  • fungolfer, Mulligan and RobV like this

#9 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 25 August 2021 - 03:56 AM

There’s no new PC game coming guys..

didn't even finish the old one Buck.

• Buck and Ted_Ball like this

#10 LeazesNDR

LeazesNDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationSmoggyland UK

Posted 25 August 2021 - 02:30 PM

Pity the designers don't tell PP/Trackman to do one unless they're gonna release PG2.

#11 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 28 August 2021 - 09:30 AM

I guess it's ok for designers, which I am not. Don't know the first thing about Course Forge. But I can't get that awful taste of a sellout out of my mouth. Especially when others post screenshots of the results of Trackman's designs on this forum. Links had P2P which I gladly shelled out the money. Are there huge contractual obligations that would prevent that from happening here? 

JNPG is already P2P. Might have even been shut down now if it was the alternative, client-server. 

I'm very happy for designers who freely put 100's of hours in for our entertainment have an opportunity to change careers from something they might not love to something they do.

• balaceanca81, widey and Dropzone73 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users