#1 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 September 2021 - 03:36 AM

I have not been in the PG platform for several month. Went into it yesterday and immediately noticed that all the course screenshots featured in the Carousel all appeared somewhat grainy looking. I opened up quite a few courses and all of them displayed the same grainy look most noticeable and especially all grass textures. Went into the graphic settings making sure that everything was set according to my liking. Everything seemed in order. Graphics driver is uptodate and my Links, TW08, and 2K21 courses function and display perfectly.  Decided to do a reinstall thinking something within the PG platform became corrupted. The Reinstall did not improve any of the courses downloaded. I did download the latest Nvidia driver which was released on the 20th of this month thinking that the prior installed driver had corrupted. Unfortunately the latest driver displays everything in the same manner. Anybody else experiencing a similar problem? I am open to any ideas anybody could offer.  This graphic glitch not to the point where these courses are unplayable, but it is annoying.

#2 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 24 September 2021 - 08:05 AM

Try this Jurgie: https://pgls.golflad...php?f=96&t=6361

• Jugador likes this

Who cares...

#3 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 September 2021 - 03:16 AM

Thanks for your response. I am familiar with this setting for which you have provided the link above. I have used this setting for almost a year now and it has worked well. I just went into the Nvidia program to verify that it was enabled and had the proper setting. I confirmed that it was set properly, but unfortunately did not improve anything visually within the courses. I described this issue as showing textures as having a grainy appearance. I would say that more acurately all the grass textures including tee, fairways and greens display a flimmering abnomality. The skies and most of the panos do not appear to be suffering from this.

#4 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 25 September 2021 - 08:43 PM

Screenshot? Video?

#5 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 10 October 2021 - 06:02 PM

Try this Jurgie: https://pgls.golflad...php?f=96&t=6361

I tried this and it did make the game look better.It also made my other games better as well. There is a definitely a difference in SWTOR.I haven’t tried TWO yet but will.yes I still play it from time to time.
  • fungolfer likes this

#6 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 October 2021 - 09:41 PM

Just need to mention something about the Nvidia Image Sharpening feature.  I updated my graphics card driver. After the update, I went into the Image Sharpening feature and dicovered that my previous settings had been reset to default mode causing this grainy effect. Adjusting the Image Sharpening back to where I had it set certainly improved the visuals.

• fungolfer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users