12 replies to this topic

#1 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 03:19 AM

Please excuse my ignorance on this matter, obviously we will never get a PG2, I understand that, but I don't have a working knowledge of what is involved in designing a course. I've never tried. But the question that I have is, is there some reason why designers can't design courses for PG1 that are every bit as good as Trackman's?

I even wonder if I will get a reply because this forum is so dead.l

#2 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 07:47 AM

Do you mean good visually?  Because there's quite a few PG courses that look great.  Trackman's Pebble might be slightly ahead but only slightly.

#3 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 08:00 PM

Please excuse my ignorance on this matter, obviously we will never get a PG2, I understand that, but I don't have a working knowledge of what is involved in designing a course. I've never tried. But the question that I have is, is there some reason why designers can't design courses for PG1 that are every bit as good as Trackman's?
I even wonder if I will get a reply because this forum is so dead.l

You're right about the forum being dead, I half expect this site to disappear any time. I check in hoping for some good news but of course never get any. Still nothing new with regards to EA's game next spring and still holding on to the slim hope it will be available on the PC. I still hold out hope that MS will pull the big surprise and revive Links with next gen graphics but of course that will probably not happen either.

Sad situation.... I still play PG but less and less and without the capability to mod and improve the game it's relevance will continue to decline. For lovers of golf it's disappointing for sure.

• Buck likes this
Ken

#4 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 10:15 PM

The latest from Trackman for PG2 - El Dorado Golf & Beach Club

Spectacular looking -- great great work by the design team!

https://www.instagra.../p/CWlfM5gqe-a/

#5 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 23 November 2021 - 10:54 PM

EA Sports announced in early November that their golf game has been delayed.  No information as to how long.  Competition for 2K21 would have been good as there would have been more incentive for them to improve their game.  However I wouldn't spend $500 USD for a PS5 (if I could even find one) just so I could play a golf game.

RTSM - Pro

#6 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 24 November 2021 - 03:23 AM

However I wouldn't spend $500 USD for a PS5 (if I could even find one) just so I could play a golf game.

If anyone needs a GPU upgrade to play the latest games anyhow, the consoles are a massive bargain relatively speaking.

I happen to fall into that camp - haha

#7 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 24 November 2021 - 12:10 PM

If anyone needs a GPU upgrade to play the latest games anyhow, the consoles are a massive bargain relatively speaking.

I’m waiting on one of my 2 boys to upgrade so I can get one of theirs.one has a 2060 and a 2070 super.I’m at the point in my life where I don’t need the latest to come out.that 2070 will last me a long time when I get the chance to get it but it won’t be no time soon tho.I’m still rocking my 1060,shoot,I’ve been playing some TWO here and there.
  • Buck likes this

#8 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 27 November 2021 - 06:50 AM

I'm also a bit in that camp.  I just started looking at new computers, since my current machine is mostly ancient at 7 years old.  It handles PG and the older (non-3dg) courses OK, but I know it won't handle newer courses very well.  The prices of new machines seem to be quite pricey, but I'm undecided about switching to a console.  I'm probably looking at $2500+ for a decent new desktop computer, though, and I'm guessing the latest consoles are more in the $500 to $750 range.  I guess I'll have to keep consoles in mind as well.

• Buck likes this

#9 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 28 November 2021 - 08:04 AM

I’m waiting on one of my 2 boys to upgrade so I can get one of theirs.one has a 2060 and a 2070 super.I’m at the point in my life where I don’t need the latest to come out.that 2070 will last me a long time when I get the chance to get it but it won’t be no time soon tho.I’m still rocking my 1060,shoot,I’ve been playing some TWO here and there.

I'm assuming this crypto-mining thing is just a passing fad and hopefully gpu prices will come back down to earth again. Here's a guy on Ebay selling his mining set-up. He says "just sit back, relax and the let the money roll in!'  Yeah, right... ^_^

https://www.ebay.com...DYAAOSwOrVgyjZP

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D (Windows 11)

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#10 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 28 November 2021 - 11:50 AM

I'm assuming this crypto-mining thing is just a passing fad and hopefully gpu prices will come back down to earth again. Here's a guy on Ebay selling his mining set-up. He says "just sit back, relax and the let the money roll in!' Yeah, right... ^_^
https://www.ebay.com...DYAAOSwOrVgyjZP

If it’s so great and easy, why is he selling the machine?

#11 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 28 November 2021 - 06:27 PM

Haven’t heard about it in a while but didn’t China crackdown on crypto and lot of people was going to sell their cards?

#12 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 28 November 2021 - 09:40 PM

If it’s so great and easy, why is he selling the machine?

Exactly my thinking...

• Buck likes this

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#13 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 28 November 2021 - 09:51 PM

Haven’t heard about it in a while but didn’t China crackdown on crypto and lot of people was going to sell their cards?

Yeah, I think I read somewhere they were outlawing cryptocurrency...period.  Not sure that's gonna stop it, tho. It looks like the future. I was thinking about setting up a wallet the other day.  Looks easy enough...

https://wallet.bitcoin.com/

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users