15 replies to this topic

#1 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 02:37 PM

I know a similar post was done years ago, but just to stir up some ideas...  What would be the 1-2 things you would like to "magically" appear in PG?  We already have a course maker, so that is in place...  Put another way, post a few features that if it could happen, what would you like to see incorporated into this game? 

For me, I would be happy with 2 things which would make this game somewhat complete.

1) The ability to create custom players for yourself and different AI players to play with. 

2) Swing meter... I'm not sure why the original swing meter was scrapped, it seemed fine for this game, but the current one in the game is terrible.  I've always felt that way.

That's pretty much it for me..  I like to keep things simple and the above is all I would want to have to make this my number one golf game, even if it is a few years old!  

#2 Parboy

Parboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationKansas City MO by way of Santa Ana CA

Posted 09 May 2022 - 09:29 PM

I would like to see it supported by the developers.  ;)

• fungolfer, J_Schollmeyer, balaceanca81 and 4 others like this

#3 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 10 May 2022 - 12:36 AM

I'm all for more discussion on the otherwise dead forum..

...but isn't this sort of like doing a wish list for a car that is no longer made and the manufacturer closed down?

#4 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 10 May 2022 - 01:24 AM

I'm all for more discussion on the otherwise dead forum..

...but isn't this sort of like doing a wish list for a car that is no longer made and the manufacturer closed down?

It is... but if we are no longer having fun posting light-hearted subjects, then I might as well not visit any longer.  

• Buck likes this

#5 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 10 May 2022 - 03:00 AM

It is... but if we are no longer having fun posting light-hearted subjects, then I might as well not visit any longer.  

By all means, post away!

Apologies if you thought I was suggesting otherwise..

I'm all for it!

Who knows -- maybe one day Trackman decides to release a pc version of their current (or future) offering

Stranger things have happened

#6 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 10 May 2022 - 03:30 AM

For me, I would be happy with 2 things which would make this game somewhat complete.

1) The ability to create custom players for yourself and different AI players to play with. 

2) Swing meter... I'm not sure why the original swing meter was scrapped, it seemed fine for this game, but the current one in the game is terrible.  I've always felt that way.

My wish list is basically the same.  Custom players not just in terms of avatar, but club distances.  A swing meter with adjustable speed and option for 2-click.

• fungolfer, Buck and RobV like this

#7 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 10 May 2022 - 03:36 AM

My wishlist would be:

1.  Fix a few physics bugs/oddities 

2.  Return of "make avatar invisible with a keystroke/button"

3.  A few more avatars and more gear/stuff to choose from

4.  Customizable distances or a way to play more and earn allocation points, etc -- just something here would be nice.

• rob1312 likes this

#8 LeazesNDR

LeazesNDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationSmoggyland UK

Posted 10 May 2022 - 01:06 PM

Trackman to go bust would do for starters  :P

The new animations Mike Jones showed pictures of many moons ago being implemented into the game would be nice

#9 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 10 May 2022 - 02:21 PM

Trackman to go bust would do for starters  :P

The new animations Mike Jones showed pictures of many moons ago being implemented into the game would be nice

No doubt, I thought those were really good!   And the option for lefties too!  

#10 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 11 May 2022 - 06:18 PM

I like playing against my "recorded rounds", but it takes a little fun out of it since PG doesn't record wind direction. I guess I could record with "no wind", but I like a little breeze. It seems like it would be an easy fix. (just a couple of lines of code)?

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D (Windows 11)

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#11 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 08:45 PM

My wish list is basically the same.  Custom players not just in terms of avatar, but club distances.  A swing meter with adjustable speed and option for 2-click.

No 2 click, imagine the scores the top 3 click tour pro players would get with this swing

• Goran JoeMen likes this

#12 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 10:29 PM

I think alot of people simply don't understand what 2 click meens:

1st click start the swing, keep the button pressed then release the mouse button on top (just like 2nd click in 3 click) and then click again on bottom. There is nothing different than on 3 click, its just that you don't click on 12 but take your finger down from the button. No difference from 3 click at all.

I played Links with both, 2 and 3 click and there was absolutely no difference.

My wish: I wish that Andrew has the nuts to tell everyone that PG is a dead horse from Dev side.

• Parboy, J_Schollmeyer, rob1312 and 2 others like this

Who cares...

#13 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 12 May 2022 - 02:33 PM

1st click start the swing, keep the button pressed then release the mouse button on top (just like 2nd click in 3 click) and then click again on bottom. There is nothing different than on 3 click, its just that you don't click on 12 but take your finger down from the button. No difference from 3 click at all.

My wish: I wish that Andrew has the nuts to tell everyone that PG is a dead horse from Dev side.

I've been playing 2 click since I started playing Links forever!     And agree, its basically 3 click with a "release" on the 2nd click!   if that makes any sense..  haha

And I am not worried about the scores because if you see some of the scores, no matter what skill level, even Tour Pro, the scores are crazy...  kudos to those who can do it, but certainly unrealistic..  this happens in every golf game.  

• fungolfer likes this

#14 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 13 May 2022 - 06:42 PM

I was refering to tiger woods 08 where 2 click was click start swing and click for % power ,and that was it no snap to worry about everything went straight

• fungolfer, Buck and RobV like this

#15 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 13 May 2022 - 10:29 PM

I was refering to tiger woods 08 where 2 click was click start swing and click for % power ,and that was it no snap to worry about everything went straight

ok that is a no go for me either :)

• RobV likes this

Who cares...

#16 tanman05851

tanman05851

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNorthEast Kingdom,Republic of Vermont

Posted 14 May 2022 - 06:50 PM

A career mode . Also fix the bugs in the AI's so they can chip normally and don't randomly turn 90 degrees on the tee.

• RobV likes this

Windows 10 Pro -Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8400 Processor-ASRock Z370 Extreme4 Motherboard-Corsair DDR4 2666 MHZ(16GB)

Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB Turbo Edition-Dell S3220DGF-3C-Logitech G502

Finally found a competitive AI "Phil Mucklebot" Aggressive Pro 3,3,3,3,3,5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users