• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zaxcool

zaxcool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2022 - 08:18 PM

Hey guys. New here. I just wanted to ask if any of you know if it is possible to import a 3D surface from Civil 3D into CourseForge, so I can get my accurate design Terrain with 0.25m contour intervals. I have done all my work (grading, features and surfaces) in Autocad Civil 3D and now I am looking for a way to convert this to CourseForge for a 3D design. Are there any solutions yet? I searched the forum but couldn't find anything. Thanks...

#2 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 03 August 2022 - 03:42 PM

Is this for a real course or your own design?

#3 zaxcool

zaxcool

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2022 - 10:24 PM

For my own designs....

#4 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 09:42 AM

The idea is to produce a .raw file that Unity can read but I've no idea how to do that with your software.  To be honest there's probably no-one left who can help.

#5 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 20 August 2022 - 05:46 AM

Hey guys. New here. I just wanted to ask if any of you know if it is possible to import a 3D surface from Civil 3D into CourseForge, so I can get my accurate design Terrain with 0.25m contour intervals. I have done all my work (grading, features and surfaces) in Autocad Civil 3D and now I am looking for a way to convert this to CourseForge for a 3D design. Are there any solutions yet? I searched the forum but couldn't find anything. Thanks...

LiDAR is often used for terrain, I think, but I don't know if you are able to export Civil 3D to a LiDAR file.  I'd suggest reviewing what formats Unity can import and see if you convert/export your Civil 3D file to that format.  For instance, check out this post on the Unity forums - it may give some guidance using DXF:

https://answers.unit...n-from-dxf.html

I don't really know what I'm looking for (terrain, mesh, something else?), so my searches may be incomplete/incorrect.  Nonetheless, I did a search and found a disappointing post (which surprises me, to be honest):

https://answers.unit...d-to-unity.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users