Photo

Are courses still being developed for this game?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 huskereurocat

huskereurocat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 07:50 AM

I just started playing this game and it's outstanding. Are new courses being developed for this game? I know that Tiger Woods for the PC has a very active community and I was wondering if this would be on that level. If so, where can I get more courses and are the tools available for making one myself?  

#2 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 09:27 AM

Make an account here - https://pgls.golflad...orums/index.php

You'll find courses under the courses tab.

Sometimes a new course will appear but the community is basically tapped out.  The game had a good run though, if the course is famous there's a good chance you'll find it on PGLS.

You can make your own by following the video tutorials on this forum.  If you have questions there are still a few people who can help you but the level of support has dwindled.

• RobV and huskereurocat like this

#3 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 March 2023 - 11:11 PM

PGLS is a great website and from time to time you will find new releases for this platform and if that satisfies you, no problem. The truth of the matter is that we are basically looking at a platform here that is nothing more than a Shell of a game that really could have been great. It really reminds me of the aging Links2K3 and TW08 platforms in which members  tried to upgrade and improve upon. Interestingly, both of those communities are still around and participation in those communities is still very active. Why is that? The reason is that they although entirely different, share a common thread. Both allow the player unlimited control of all facets of the platform. Creation of Tour Players, Tournaments of your creation as well as custom course designs applied in tournaments or tours that you create.  I have to mention that TW08 did not give you all these options or provide you with a Course Architect starting in TW07 and never has again. The TW Course Downloads stepped in and tweaked the 06 Architect as well as introduced several applications allowing you to create your own custom tournaments using custom course designs. We can talk about PGA2K21 as well as PGA2K23 which bacically is 2K21 with a couple of insignificant wrinkles thrown in to justify the over $100.00 initial cost for the deluxe edition. BTW, is now available for less than halve the original price. There is a lot of buzz about EA's new release. Don't look for anythig breathtakingly different from prior releases. PGA & EA will always have full control of your game play in their platform development. If you are OK with that than I suggest you jump into that. Personally, I will stick with what I can control.

t

• SReesor likes this

#4 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 04:03 PM

If you are new to the game, yes.. use the link posted by jt, you'll find some amazing designs.. including courses with 3D grass and all kinds of innovative landscaping, animations, lighthouses and all kinds of amazing stuff.   I took a stab at creating a course, but it was awful..  The tutorials here definitely made it understandable on how to understand Unity, but I suppose its just not for me..  patience is the key!   

In any event.. enjoy the game.  I fire it up every so often as there are still a ton of courses that I have not played yet...  my goal is to play them all... however long it takes!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users