#1 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 01 November 2022 - 03:05 AM

Hey guys...I was trying to use a custom tee marker, but it doesn't point in the right direction. Here's a pic to better explain. Anyone know what the problem might be? 

N09UVLj.jpg

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D (Windows 11)

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#2 BSilvernail

BSilvernail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Florida

Posted 01 November 2022 - 04:34 PM

Have your tried rotating the model 90° and re-exporting it?

#3 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 01 November 2022 - 10:00 PM

Oh. a wise guy, huh?  lol       It must be nice to know what you're doing!  :D

Thanks...

JUDHSlG.jpg

• BSilvernail likes this

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#4 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 01 November 2022 - 11:57 PM

That looks like the 17th hole at the Austin Country Club.   I'm curious about those two smaller plants on either side of the tee box.  They look like very tropical.  Looking forward to release of one the more interesting courses on the tour!

RTSM - Pro

#5 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 02 November 2022 - 01:40 AM

That looks like the 17th hole at the Austin Country Club.   I'm curious about those two smaller plants on either side of the tee box.  They look like very tropical.  Looking forward to release of one the more interesting courses on the tour!

Yes sir, it's nice to know you recognize it!  :D  The plants are Yucca and Aloe and are common to that part of Texas. It shouldn't be much longer, I'm about 90% done.  It is a nice layout, I think it's a Pete Dye design. The drivable 13 par 4 is fun, and lots of slopes on the course. If you catch the slope on #9 with your drive, you can change your 2nd shot from a 5 iron to a 52 degree.  :D

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#6 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 02 November 2022 - 08:23 AM

I would say your toughest job will rendering the Pennybacker bridge.  The 13th is the one by the water and all carry if I remember correctly.  You can also drive it a long way on the 12th.  I have watched the Dell Match Play tournament there a number of times.  A very interesting course with lots of significant elevation changes.

RTSM - Pro

#7 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 02 November 2022 - 01:00 PM

I would say your toughest job will rendering the Pennybacker bridge.  The 13th is the one by the water and all carry if I remember correctly.  You can also drive it a long way on the 12th.  I have watched the Dell Match Play tournament there a number of times.  A very interesting course with lots of significant elevation changes.

Yes sir, I knew the Bridge had to be in there. It's not exact, but close enough for free!  :P  I'll probably create a "splash" of the bridge for the game, because it's so popular.  There's also that waterfall on #11. My Courseforge skills are about a -2 on a scale of 1 to 10...lol, but I did get in something that has moving water at least.  :rolleyes:  Oh well, it is what it is... :D  The lidar is amazing, though. Lidar of this quality would have cost thousands not too long ago.

mZTSS3E.jpg

a0olHZv.jpg

• slouis likes this

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#8 BSilvernail

BSilvernail

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Florida

Posted 02 November 2022 - 06:28 PM

Oh. a wise guy, huh?  lol       It must be nice to know what you're doing!  :D

Thanks...

I'm glad that helped out. From the screenshots you posted, you definitely know what you're doing.  ;)  Great looking course.

• Jugador and RobV like this

#9 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 06:39 PM

Great looking course!
  • Jugador likes this
Ken

#10 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 03 November 2022 - 08:55 AM

Jugador, I have been impressed with all your courses and the bridge looks very good.   The fact that you can render the bridge highlights how you can be creative with course forge compared to the CA for 2K21 where you are limited to the canned objects that come with the game.  

I'm not 100% sure but I think they reverse the nines for the Dell tournament.  Something to think about.

RTSM - Pro

#11 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 03 November 2022 - 09:33 AM

Jugador, I have been impressed with all your courses and the bridge looks very good.   The fact that you can render the bridge highlights how you can be creative with course forge compared to the CA for 2K21 where you are limited to the canned objects that come with the game.  

I'm not 100% sure but I think they reverse the nines for the Dell tournament.  Something to think about.

Thank you, sir...I'm glad you like my courses.  :D  Yes, that's one of the things I like about Course Forge, we can use 3rd party 3d objects. There's so many excellent "free" objects and textures available. I use a lot of free ones (like the bridge), and I buy a few, too. I think I paid two bucks for the Yucca plants, and the Aloes were free. 

Yes, I reversed the course to the same as they use in the Dell Championship. The first picture I posted is normally the #8 hole, but it's the #17 in the tournament, so I think I'll just leave it the 17th, in the same format they use for the tournament.  :blink:  lol

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#12 clint

clint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 November 2022 - 10:53 PM

Great looking pics!

Can't wait to play this gem.

clint

#13 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 04 November 2022 - 12:08 AM

Great looking pics!

Can't wait to play this gem.

clint

Thanks Clint...it has some good challenging holes. I think you'll like the layout. This course must have been an excavators nightmare!  :D  

Excavator: Pete (Pete Dye), you want the green where? lol

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users