#1 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 21 November 2022 - 11:17 AM

Okay, here's my lame attempt at recreating Austin CC in Texas, home of the Dell match play tournament. lol :D

I have good news and bad news... <_<  The bad news is, you will probably need at least a 1080 PC to get decent frame rates, the good news is, I a made a "lite" version that gets about 10 more fps on average, if your PC is less than that. If you can make it through holes #5 and #6, you should be okay.   I hope you can play one or the other.  :unsure:  

I reversed the nines, and left hole #8 a par 4 in case you want to play along in the next tournament. Let me know if you have any problems or see something that looks way off. 

Final download links here:  http://www.perfectpa...ustin-cc-final/

Here's a few screenies...have fun!  :D

mpphidp.jpg

gFdz6JP.jpg

AMjKWQ7.jpg

SE4DN9q.jpg

bMYYmWo.jpg

EgaFwTK.jpg

• balaceanca81, BSilvernail and rob1312 like this

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D (Windows 11)

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#2 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 21 November 2022 - 05:55 PM

Thanks so much for this. Course looks great, will be a pleasure to play!
Ken

#3 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 21 November 2022 - 08:40 PM

Thanks so much for this. Course looks great, will be a pleasure to play!

Yes sir, not a problem. I had fun doing it.  :D

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#4 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 22 November 2022 - 04:09 AM

There's a lot to unpack here!  Some notes after a quick round -

It's an interesting course, some long par 4s, Harry would struggle against the long hitters...so many objects, I'd like to know where you got some of them (steps, walls)...fantastic rock texture, shows that it can be done without dragging rocks into the scene...love the water feature!  The bridge looks great on the approach.  I really want to know your bulkhead method too...lovely skybox.

My only critique - the videos on the Austin CC website show that the fairway stripes only go up and down, not across...are you tempted to move away from default CF textures for fairway/rough?

#5 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 22 November 2022 - 06:32 AM

Hey JT...what's up, bud?  :)  Isn't that rock texture amazing? Have you seen the #9 view from the green? (I'll post a screenie)  Even if I placed individual rocks, I couldn't get that same effect. I'm glad you liked the waterfall, It's just a half dozen fountains tilted at an angle. lol  I wish I had some CG skills, but I guess it will have to do.  <_< 

I use what M Rose calls the "pot bunker technique" for the bulkheads.  (see post #8 on this thread:  http://www.perfectpa...ol/?hl=bulkhead

I get some great free assets like this Yucca plant at 3dsky: https://3dsky.org/3d...cca_aloifolia_2

Rock texture: (I think I got the 4k one) BTW...I think the GL normal looks better than the DX normal...https://ambientcg.com/view?id=Rocks007

Skybox: Mr. Silvernail fixed the "black" half for us. It came out great. https://ambientcg.co...=SkyOnlyHDRI006

I get a lot of my objects from the usual suspects, I just have to cull them out one page at a time. Something to do on those quiet Sunday evenings... :P  Create an account with CG Trader and they will send you an email when they have a 70% off sale. They have 3 or 4 a year. 

https://www.cgtrader.com/

https://sketchfab.com/feed

https://polyhaven.com/

https://archive3d.net/

I've tried custom fairways a couple of times, but I always to botch it up! lol I think DPRoberts has a tool to make stripes and things like that.   I'll take a look at that. 

rTh8KkF.jpg

• SReesor likes this

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#6 xooze

xooze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationSE Minnesota

Posted 22 November 2022 - 08:42 PM

Played a round, didn't have any problems other than what you mentioned about frame rates, but enjoyed the course. The waterfall looks great,nice idea using fountains. Thanks for another great course.

Bob R

#7 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 22 November 2022 - 08:59 PM

Played a round, didn't have any problems other than what you mentioned about frame rates, but enjoyed the course. The waterfall looks great,nice idea using fountains. Thanks for another great course.

Bob R

Thanks Bob... :)

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#8 clint

clint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 November 2022 - 11:06 PM

Beauty!

#9 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 23 November 2022 - 02:22 AM

Beauty!

Thanks Clint... :D  

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#10 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 23 November 2022 - 03:19 AM

Jugador, good job on Austin CC especially the stone and rock work as they are the defining features of the course.  I tried both versions on practice mode.  I have a reasonably fast PC and graphics card but holes 5 and 6 were an issue as you indicated.  Specifically, my PC specs are Win 10, 32 GB of RAM, 2.90 GHZ.  My graphics card is a GE Force RTX Super 2070 with 6 GB  of memory.  Not 100% sure about the memory as it could be 8.

I have my camera distance set at 7000 yards.

For the first version I got the following FPS numbers.

69/57/61/76/31/36/65/65/46  - front nine

66/63/76/50/70/70/53/43/55 - back nine

For the lite version the FPS numbers were.

76/72/72/83/45/50/76/77/58 - front nine

70/66/79/63/86/74/66/54/63 - back nine

I then reduced my camera distance to 3500 yards and for holes 5 and 6 I got 40 and 43 which is playable for me.  There was an increase of about 7 FPS on the rest of the holes as well.  I could probably gain more FPS if I reduced the camera distance below 1000 but holes 5 and 5 are playable for me at 3500 yards.

I prefer the first version as there is more immersion with the added objects including buildings than the lite version.  There is also a significant difference in the look of some  holes.  For example the tee boxes of holes 1 and 4 as illustrated in your first screen shot with the stone wall and house just to the left of the tee box.  One hole 1 in the lite version the driving range screen is gone.  Speaking of the range screen, it looks like a wrought iron fence that you have sized up and seems out of place to me.  Check out the screens used in Bethesda and Pasatiempo as I think they would be more appropriate.

Thanks for continuing to release courses as you are pretty well the only  active course designer left.

• RobV likes this

RTSM - Pro

#11 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 23 November 2022 - 05:35 AM

Jugador, good job on Austin CC especially the stone and rock work as they are the defining features of the course.  I tried both versions on practice mode.  I have a reasonably fast PC and graphics card but holes 5 and 6 were an issue as you indicated.  Specifically, my PC specs are Win 10, 32 GB of RAM, 2.90 GHZ.  My graphics card is a GE Force RTX Super 2070 with 6 GB  of memory.  Not 100% sure about the memory as it could be 8.

Wow...I'm jealous, great frame rates! B)  I was thinking I might upgrade to a 3080 pc, but now, I just might upgrade my gpu. I noticed on this chart that my 1080 scores 15,350 and your card scores 18,201 and the 1080 Ti scores about the same as your card. That would save me a lot of dough and be an easy upgrade. Hmmmmm... <_<

https://www.videocar...h_end_gpus.html

Okay, I'll check out those two courses and see if I can get something that looks a little better.  ;)

Thank you, sir...glad to hear you like it.  :D

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#12 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 23 November 2022 - 06:20 AM

Pot bunker method eh...if I get inspired again I'll check it out.  Lost a fair bit of work making mistakes with the Kablammo way.

I did a forum search for stripes and found a post by Matt Rose -

https://drive.google...Ypn7eYuLfZ/view

Pretty sure you just download, turn layers on/off in your photo editor, and add it to the right slot in layers library.

#13 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 23 November 2022 - 08:40 AM

Check out hole 4 on Bethesda right of the green to see what the driving range screen looks like.  On Pasatiempo it is on the left of the fairway.

• Jugador likes this

RTSM - Pro

#14 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 23 November 2022 - 09:08 AM

Speaking of the range screen, it looks like a wrought iron fence that you have sized up and seems out of place to me.  

Okay, how's this...a little better?

KaITBTx.jpg

deVQxCp.jpg

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#15 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 23 November 2022 - 09:12 AM

Pot bunker method eh...if I get inspired again I'll check it out.  Lost a fair bit of work making mistakes with the Kablammo way.

I did a forum search for stripes and found a post by Matt Rose -

Pretty sure you just download, turn layers on/off in your photo editor, and add it to the right slot in layers library.

Okay, sounds easy enough. I'll see if I can get it to do something. That would be a nice look. 

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#16 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 24 November 2022 - 11:20 PM

Okay, how's this...a little better?

KaITBTx.jpg

deVQxCp.jpg

Thanks, yes that looks better.  Look forward to the final version.

• Jugador likes this

RTSM - Pro

#17 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 25 November 2022 - 10:50 AM

What right slot? It ain't workin'...   :D

I don't have Photoshop, so I'm using Photopea. 

ISOGG63.jpg

JaLhHyJ.jpg

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#18 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 25 November 2022 - 11:09 AM

A tip - with the fairway layer selected, copy the layer.  That way you can always go back.

Try putting it in as texture 1.  The layers work by combining a detail texture with an overlay texture, in this case the overlay is the stripes...I think.  It's been a while since I've been in Unity  :lol:

#19 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 28 November 2022 - 09:28 AM

Finally got around to playing today. Beautiful course, well done. Love the animations, the goodies scattered around the course, and the sky box. Wish PP had made the sky box a regular feature of all courses as it just adds a more realistic feel and look to courses. Had no issues with fps on any holes.

Thanks for another great job, and for keeping PG alive for a little bit longer.   :)

Ken

#20 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 28 November 2022 - 11:00 AM

Finally got around to playing today. Beautiful course, well done. Love the animations, the goodies scattered around the course, and the sky box. Wish PP had made the sky box a regular feature of all courses as it just adds a more realistic feel and look to courses. Had no issues with fps on any holes.

Thanks for another great job, and for keeping PG alive for a little bit longer.   :)

Thank you, Sir...glad to hear you didn't have frame rate issues. I usually put the slider on about 800 for holes 5 and 6, and then back up to 3,000 or so for the rest of the course, and it will play decent for my 1080 rig. I couldn't agree more about the skybox. A nice skybox adds that extra little "real" feel.  I'd like to use some of the 24K skies out there, but 800 mb's for the sky alone might make the course a little too large... :blink:  :lol:

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users