#1 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

How do we incorporate the 'Course Forge' tools in to our exisiting downloads of Unity 3D and when will it be available for us to use?

Loads of questions, I know, but I guess the community will be eager to get to work sampling the new software.

2013 looking good.

:D

#2 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

Yep, I was wondering about that, too.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:03 PM

We are actively working on a documentation wiki style.  But in summary it is generally as easy as Assets - Import Package - Select Course Forge.  After that you have a new menu at the top that is called Perfect Parallel and the ability to switch between the Unity and CF interfaces.  Package is large as it includes some skyboxes and planting stuff.

#4 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

Cheers Andrew.

When will the Course Forge Assets be available to download to be able to import in to Unity?

#5 Jbx

Jbx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHampshire, England

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

2013 looking good.

:D

:)  You bet - aready getting impatient!

Jbx%20golgBall1.jpg

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every mininute of it!

#6 John Griffin

John Griffin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

Great to see the new forum up and running and attracting some new interest - let's hope it stays fresh this time!

So I'm intrigued by the Course Forge forum categories of "Home" and "Professional" editions.  I'd like to know more about that from the PP folks.  Are you envisioning a "basic" version (Home?) included with PerfectGolf license/subscription, and then a "premium" version (Professional)?  Will there be different capabilities and features between the two versions?

• truckerkills likes this

#7 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

I'm hoping that the pro version may just include additional features for exporting data out that professional designers will use and us amateurs won't need.

#8 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

So, any news from PP as to when we may see a downloadable version of the Course Forge?

Are we looking at days, weeks, months?

#9 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

Does anyone know of a software that I could download that would give me an idea of the basics of course creation?

• truckerkills likes this

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#10 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:22 AM

Can't wait!

Please support PERFECT GOLF on STEAM --CLICK ON THE LINK TO SUPPORT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

#11 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

Does anyone know of a software that I could download that would give me an idea of the basics of course creation?

Do you mean course design in general, or designing courses for Perfect Golf?

If the latter, Course Forge will be a downloadable asset tool within the Unity 3D application. So to be able to use Course Forge you will need to have a version of Unity 3D installed. You can obtain a free version of this software from the Unity website.

Latest version is v4..... but Perfect Parallel have apparently only tested Course Forge using v3.... of the software.

#12 truckerkills

truckerkills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

Great to see the new forum up and running and attracting some new interest - let's hope it stays fresh this time!

So I'm intrigued by the Course Forge forum categories of "Home" and "Professional" editions.  I'd like to know more about that from the PP folks.  Are you envisioning a "basic" version (Home?) included with PerfectGolf license/subscription, and then a "premium" version (Professional)?  Will there be different capabilities and features between the two versions?

V ery good q !

#13 truckerkills

truckerkills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

That would be excellent, get a heads up and get goin :)

#14 Devil Ray

Devil Ray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

So when i have Unity 3d isntalled i can stard right away once the couse forge tools are relesed?

And is there any info on a more specific date?

Cant wait to get my hands on the course forge tools :D

#15 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

There will be no problem with Unity v 4. We've already discussed this internally and it doesn't require much at this end just more testing which you guys can help us with!

I'd love to see the 'full fat' version of CF as a free download but if you want to use the worlds you create with it for profit then you would have to upload to the pro license. I'm not sure if this is the way it will go down but the more people can get their feet wet with it for free the better. Some people just love to share and the more courses they make, the more fun everyone can have anyway!

No release date yet but all I can say is that I use it everyday to build things :)  We just have to tidy up the interface and make it even more intuitive to get started. I've been creating some documentation to go with CF on release and this will be in written and also video format too - kind of like 'a hole in 15 minutes' video but going through each baby step as I go. I know I find video tutorials easier to follow.

• Bluenoser, Unique, Stephen Sullivan and 3 others like this

#16 garynorman

garynorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationBedfordshire, England

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

No release date yet but all I can say is that I use it everyday to build things :)  We just have to tidy up the interface and make it even more intuitive to get started. I've been creating some documentation to go with CF on release and this will be in written and also video format too - kind of like 'a hole in 15 minutes' video but going through each baby step as I go. I know I find video tutorials easier to follow.

I'd be more than happy to use/test it with a messy interface!!! ;)

#17 Devil Ray

Devil Ray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:07 PM

I`d be also more happy to test it with the interface as it is right now. Really like to help to get a smooth product for you.

I have some experiance in beta testing games ( WOW, Guild wars 2, anno 1404, anno 2070, battlefield 3, Starcraft 1, Starcraft wings of liberty, Starcraft

2 Heart of the swarm, Diablo 3, Warhammer Online and some more i can not remember right now). I`m also used to writing bug reports, giving feedbeck on the games and so one.

I would be proud to help making Course forge even better than it is right now. ;)

#18 Bluenoser

Bluenoser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

There will be no problem with Unity v 4. We've already discussed this internally and it doesn't require much at this end just more testing which you guys can help us with!

I'd love to see the 'full fat' version of CF as a free download but if you want to use the worlds you create with it for profit then you would have to upload to the pro license. I'm not sure if this is the way it will go down but the more people can get their feet wet with it for free the better. Some people just love to share and the more courses they make, the more fun everyone can have anyway!

Awesome news Mike, thank you.

#19 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

Thanks, Mike.  Good to hear something about your plans.  Based on what you've said, I'm guessing it'll be several weeks before we see the CF (at the earliest).  Like everyone else, I can hardly wait. 

#20 keriboi

keriboi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

I can start now helping :P

I

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users