#1 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 April 2023 - 09:17 AM

Enlighten me on a question regarding this platform. Went into Amazon and found the computer version with a download code through Steam. Only one person rated the game under this platform. In other words the computer version for Win!0 with downloadable code through Steam. This reviewer said that EA was unable to make this platform playable on his machine. He went on to say that the game was not playable on some computers even if they were using the win 10 platform. He went on to complain that he just lost $70.00 . Why would he not be able to get a refund from Steam? Anybody here have the computer version of this platform?

#2 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 30 April 2023 - 08:52 PM

Personally I'm not interested in ever buying it if they don't add turn by turn match play for private online connections.

That's all I do with PG -- and it simply doesn't exist in EA23

#3 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 May 2023 - 01:14 AM

Personally I'm not interested in ever buying it if they don't add turn by turn match play for private online connections.

That's all I do with PG -- and it simply doesn't exist in EA23

Well, you are absolutely right it does not exist and never will in the EA Golf Platforms. I feel that the problem with the guy I mentioned along with several others is the graphics card that resides in their computers. They recomend a GE Force Rtx  2000 + series card and plenty of Ram. It is at the bottom of the Rtx series scale of cards but certainly beefier than what they are currently using. The Gtx series probaby would work if it was on the upper scale of that series of cards. If your card canot handle the graphic demands required for todays gaming, you will surely have issues trying to smoothly run todays gaming platforms.

#4 Jugador

Jugador

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 01 May 2023 - 01:41 AM

Yeah, I bet it needs at least a 3080 pc and 32 gigs of ram to play on Ultra settings. 

AMD RYZEN 7800 X3D (Windows 11)

RTX 4070 ti

32 gb DDR 5

360mm AIO

#5 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 01 May 2023 - 02:36 AM

Why would he not be able to get a refund from Steam? Anybody here have the computer version of this platform?

Steam will give refunds on games, I did it about 18 months ago on a triple AAA title, forget which one. They haven't always done this, but I think they were pressured into it by the actions of our brothers in Europe, who actually protect consumers.

https://store.steamp.../steam_refunds/

• Buck likes this

#6 scajjr29

scajjr29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationNH, USA

Posted 08 May 2023 - 07:32 PM

Enlighten me on a question regarding this platform. Went into Amazon and found the computer version with a download code through Steam. Only one person rated the game under this platform. In other words the computer version for Win!0 with downloadable code through Steam. This reviewer said that EA was unable to make this platform playable on his machine. He went on to say that the game was not playable on some computers even if they were using the win 10 platform. He went on to complain that he just lost $70.00 . Why would he not be able to get a refund from Steam? Anybody here have the computer version of this platform?

I play it on pc via Steam.  EA's suggested minimum specs are i5-6600k/Ryzen 5 1600, 8Gb ram, RX570 or GTX 1050Ti. Recommended is i7-6700K/Ryzen 7 2700X, 12gb ram, Radeon 5700XT or RTX 2060 Super.  Basically a decent 4 or 6 core CPU, 8-16Gb system ram and a decent 8, 12 or 16Gb video card should run the game fine.

Lower spec systems will naturally have to run at 1080p, medium graphics settings. Higher spec systems can naturally run at higher resolutions and more higher game graphics settings. I've got a higher end gaming pc and run it at 4K, HDR, most everything set to Ultra. Depending on the course on my system it'll use 8-11Gb of VRAM at those settings. Have a 16Gb 6900XT. 5800X3D CPU, 32Gb ram.

Had a friend buy it via Steam, he didn't care for the game and got a refund no problem.

sam

• Jugador and Buck like this

Desktop- MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair Hydro H150i Pro cooler, 32Gb DDR4-3600, ASUS 6900XT LC Hybrid, Corsair MP600 1Tb PCIe 4 NVMe (x 2), 850 EVO 1Tb, Corsair 750Gb SSDs & Hitachi 3Tb HDD ,EVGA 1000PG PSU,Monoprice 27772 32" 4K HDR monitor x2,Windows 10 Pro x64, Salient Arch Linux

Laptop- Eluktronics (Clevo) P670RS-G  i7-6700HQ, 32Gb DDR4, 512Gb & 256Gb NVMe SSDs, GTX 1070 8Gb graphics, 17.3" 1080p G-Sync, Win 10 Pro x64,

XBox One X 1Tb w/2Tb external HDD, PS4 Pro 1Tb w/1Tb external HDD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users