#1 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 May 2023 - 03:18 AM

This really is Off-Topic. I have a pretty extensive mp3 music library. To go with it I have a software program "Advanced MP3 Catalogue Pro" which arranges my files in the way that I want them displayed. This catalogue is worth its weight in gold because you can search it by Artist Name or Song or Album Title and it will direct you to where the file is located in my Library. Here is my problem. Over the last couple of years I have accumulated music files in a format mp4a. I am talking several hundred. The catalogue will not record these files because it does not recognize the format. It only records files marked as mp3.  I know there are quite a number of file conversion programs available but the free ones are more or less  trial versions with restrictions. The complete ones run upward of $35.00.  Simply put. I am looking to convert all these mp4a files back to straight mp3 format so that they will appear in proper fashion in my Advanced Catalogue Pro. Unfortunately this programs final update was in 2017 so any newer file formats are DOA in the Program.

#2 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 03 June 2023 - 06:59 PM

Will this work? I check this site out to find some gems.

<removed url>

I wouldn't click on that if I were you. I've reported this account previously as compromised because it was posting spam, now here it is replying with spam.

#3 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 June 2023 - 07:36 PM

I wouldn't click on that if I were you. I've reported this account previously as compromised because it was posting spam, now here it is replying with spam.

I’ve used things off that site before. I go to the actual site to download anything(i haven’t needed anything in a long time).I don’t click on the link.I will use the code if it’s available on the site,if I got to download it to get the code,I won’t do it.I was just suggesting the application to see if it would help as I know nothing about converting music files.. Are you saying mine or his is compromised?

#4 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 06 June 2023 - 09:36 PM

Are you saying mine or his is compromised?

Sorry, had you mixed up with

AlanBernardo

His is the compromised account, I've reported it and nothing's been done. The lights are on but nobody's home.

#5 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 09 June 2023 - 06:24 PM

jurgie, the MP4A file doesn't seem that new - late 90's or 2004, per techwalla.com - and I'm not sure it's a "proper" file extension (perhaps the A signifies it's an MP4 file that only contains audio tracks and no video tracks?).

I'm not sure if you've tried ffmpeg, nor am I certain if MP4A is the same as MP4 ... but something like this for one input file, maybe:

ffmpeg.exe -i input.mp4a -f mp3 -ab 192k output.mp3

Can you post or send me a link to where I can download an MP4A file to play around with it?   

#6 DC#1

DC#1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationWalnut Grove,MN

Posted 17 June 2023 - 04:52 PM

I know VLC media player will convert mp4 to mp3. I use it myself. It is free.

• RobV and tanman05851 like this

#7 tanman05851

tanman05851

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNorthEast Kingdom,Republic of Vermont

Posted 02 July 2023 - 01:33 AM

VLC-the Swiss army knife of media players.If VLC won't play a file odds are really high the file is corrupt..

I know VLC media player will convert mp4 to mp3. I use it myself. It is free.

Windows 10 Pro -Intel 8th Gen Core i5-8400 Processor-ASRock Z370 Extreme4 Motherboard-Corsair DDR4 2666 MHZ(16GB)

Asus Geforce GTX 1060 6 GB Turbo Edition-Dell S3220DGF-3C-Logitech G502

Finally found a competitive AI "Phil Mucklebot" Aggressive Pro 3,3,3,3,3,5

#8 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 30 December 2023 - 03:29 AM

I saw this in a tech video today and remembered this post, don't know if you still need it or not but lots of good other programs here as well.

https://www.online-convert.com/

https://audio.online-convert.com/

• RobV likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users