38 replies to this topic

#1 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 07 October 2023 - 03:33 PM

Wow, this forum is like, completely dead!    Is anyone still playing??   I'm actually having a great time playing and still discovering new courses that I've never played.   According to the PGLS course checker, I have approximately 234 courses NOT installed...  I'm going to go on a download frenzy as you never know when they will never be available for download again.   

Carry on!  

#2 clint

clint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 October 2023 - 03:42 PM

Hi Rob,

i'm still playing. got a new notebook with a Geoforce RTX. It's like playing a new game....

clint

• RobV likes this

#3 SReesor

SReesor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationLake Huron, Ontario, Canada

Posted 08 October 2023 - 12:38 PM

Still play a round every day, without fail!

• RobV likes this

RTS-M Pro/Bare

#4 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 08 October 2023 - 02:13 PM

I still play 9 holes a day.  Every round is a unique experience. Can't see myself ever getting tired/bored of playing PG.

• Buck, RobV and SReesor like this

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#5 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 08 October 2023 - 03:36 PM

Along with the Points game I made, I've been playing a lot of Fourball lately.   I've got the computer player's skill level down to where its always challenging and have close matches!   Heck, even if I am having a bad golf day I don't even mind losing, its still a lot of fun playing new tracks.   My goal is to continue to download the rest of the available courses in the entire library.   I still have a ton to play.   Shout out to whoever developed the course tracker over at PGLS... wonderful tool... many thanks!!  

#6 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 01:23 AM

Still playing Rob mostly at weekends with my booze buddies still having fun and playing PGLS  tournies

• RobV likes this

#7 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 09 October 2023 - 06:41 AM

My Uncle and I still play almost every night for a couple rounds

Playing right now in fact

• RobV likes this

#8 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 09 October 2023 - 08:01 AM

Wow.

Besides the guy who posted about not being able to log out on this forum, this is the first post here since July 30th.

• Buck and RobV like this

#9 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 09 October 2023 - 05:55 PM

I see no reason why this game should be abandoned by players like us. Seems like the course makers lose interest though, causing a decline in the community.

Don't hang around at the golfladders site, prefer to play with myself :huh:

• J_Schollmeyer, Buck, RobV and 1 other like this

#10 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 10 October 2023 - 04:52 AM

Still playing Rob mostly at weekends with my booze buddies still having fun and playing PGLS  tournies

I don't know!   I've been having more fun with PG discovering new courses... man, there are some really good course designers..  its almost like every course is more than good to play!   

• Mulligan likes this

#11 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 10 October 2023 - 08:44 PM

It really is a shame no designers are around

For some usages (those of us still playing and what our needs are), the game is just perfect and playable "forever"

• JoeF, J_Schollmeyer, Mulligan and 2 others like this

#12 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 10 October 2023 - 10:55 PM

Don't hang around at the golfladders site, prefer to play with myself :huh:

Same here, Mull!   I've created over 35 computer players, all with different combinations of skills so each has their own strengths, weakness, etc.   If I get my butt kicked by the best, then so be it, but its fun being challenged... 

Ok, so last check of courses needed...  218!   Back to downloading!     

#13 Riddler

Riddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Nevada

Posted 14 October 2023 - 05:09 PM

Mark, who runs the PGLS site came up with the course checker. Still have many weekly tournaments. 

• RobV likes this

#14 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 15 October 2023 - 03:24 PM

Mark, who runs the PGLS site came up with the course checker. Still have many weekly tournaments. 

Amazing tool... I've been on a download frenzy as of late... cannot believe I have not played some absolute fantastically designed courses. 

#15 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 16 October 2023 - 01:13 AM

Not me. Golf+ and PGA 2K23 at the moment.

Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#16 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 17 October 2023 - 04:03 AM

Well hello Rob.

You've inspired me.

I had to hunt down my old Steam account (having lost and forgotten it after several PC crashes) - and I'm back!

I thought I'd have to buy the game again but I had already spent a whopping $20 ten years ago.  (I'm being droll.)

I like the AI idea. Any tips on setting them up?

#17 RBarley

RBarley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationEastern Pennsylvania

Posted 17 October 2023 - 10:42 PM

I'm still around, but mostly play rounds by myself. I'll still have lidar to design many more real courses, but I'm lacking the skills to make many of the real objects that gets placed on the courses. My current work in progress is Lancaster Country Club which is the site of the 2024 LPGA open.

Most of the work is done and it's lacking a few buildings and some stuff I'm not satisfied with and would like to replace. It's a 27 hole course so it would be released with 3 versions.  18 hole, 9 hole and 18 hole open course. I'm still in touch with many of the designers that did made courses for PPG. They've all moved over to GSPRO. I might release a beta version of the 18 members course. So it may give you guy's another new course for you to enjoy.

• xooze, J_Schollmeyer, RobV and 1 other like this

#18 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 17 October 2023 - 10:51 PM

Not me. Golf+ and PGA 2K23 at the moment.

You getting a Quest 3?

How's that new Golf+ graphical update?

#19 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 18 October 2023 - 03:18 PM

I'm still in touch with many of the designers that did made courses for PPG. They've all moved over to GSPRO. I might release a beta version of the 18 members course. So it may give you guy's another new course for you to enjoy.

Wow, never heard of GSPRO..  just checked out the course creator in YT, so very interesting for sure!   I will definitely check out some tutorials, but not sure I want to pay 250 per year for the software and course creator. 

I see DP Roberts has tutorials on YT from over 2 years ago!   I see a lot of the same courses and splash screens used in GSPRO as they are in PG!  

#20 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 18 October 2023 - 03:45 PM

Well hello Rob.

You've inspired me.

I had to hunt down my old Steam account (having lost and forgotten it after several PC crashes) - and I'm back!

I thought I'd have to buy the game again but I had already spent a whopping $20 ten years ago.  (I'm being droll.)

I like the AI idea. Any tips on setting them up?

Hey Ted!!   Yeah, based on my skill set (Amateur), I simply adjusted the computer player skills totaling anywhere from 17-25.  I've found anything beyond 25 and the computer players are just TOO good and just hits good shot after good shot.  It sort of gets ridiculous after 5 holes.. hahah.   I have found anything below a 3 and the player is terrible.. anything above a 5 and the player is too good. 

Here is an example I used in-game

Player XXX
Putting - 3
Short Game - 5
Driving - 3
Long Iron - 4
Short Iron - 3
Snap Accuracy - 3
State of Mind - Controlled

The more computer players you make, just simply mix up the skill numbers above in the skill categories and you will have a variety of computer players with their strengths and weaknesses.   Again, this is all based on my skill set and have found this sweet spot of computer skills to be enjoyable, winning some and losing some games.     

• Ted_Ball likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users