#1 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

For a guy this dedicated, there most be a position for him somewhere at Perfect Parallel!!

[attachment=18:!cid_1_3507473131@web181005_mail_ne1_yahoo.jpg]

BTW, It was later reported that his wife got out safely, and that he did indeed par the hole... He says the divorce isn't going to be that bad, now that there's no house involved.

:D

Richard

Posted Image

#2 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

It's a lovely picture with a cute little tale, but I strongly suspect the burning house was photoshopped into the golfer scene. Or vice versa. Still funny.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#3 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

That's really funny, but I'm gonna have to pull the fake card along with K11. 

TheLighterDark / "William" / University of Arkansas, Fayetteville / 21

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

"All the world on one arrow..." - Ashe, The Frost Archer, League of Legends.

#4 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 27 May 2013 - 11:20 PM

Of course, it was photoshopped. But after monitoring this website for months, I decided a little lividity was in order.

I think it's time to just let the Perfect Parallel Masters do their magic and present us with a GREAT product for our enjoyment.

I'm a little tired of seeing post after post about swing meters, textures, avatars, wish list after wish list, system requirements, videos from other computer golf gatmes, etc.

I think that it's time to sit back and wait for what appears to be a "FANTASIC" and "ENJOYABLE" product. Let's just let the Perfect Parallel team work their magic and surpise us.

• axe360 likes this
Richard

Posted Image

#5 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

I have to agree Richard, I got caught up in it myself. I agree though, let's sit back and see what they bring to us... :)

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#6 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

I disagree Richard. Without the community's posts, the buzz on this forum will drop, and people's interest in the project will wain. People will visit the site less and less if there is nothing new to read - they will drift away, and the project will then suffer the same fate it did with the Kickstarter campaign. The development team is too small to give enough time to keep the interest going by themselves IMO.

• Davefevs likes this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#7 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

True, Acrilix. But levity is never misplaced and Richard's galant attempt at introducing it around here must be saluted nevertheless. To keep the chuckles going while we all eagerly avait some tidings from the gents over at PP, here's one of the oldest golf jokes I know:

Q: How do you get rid of a strong slice?

A: Marry a hooker.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#8 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

For me, the answer is simple.

See a post topic you have no interest in, don't open it.

I agree with Acrilix, if we just sit back and wait the interest will wane and folks will drift away. IIRC, the guys at PP asked that we post things like wishlists and suggestions and they would take them on board and see what it is workable and what is not.

;)

#9 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

Please don't misunderstand my initial post. Not for one minute am I suggesting that people not post. I just think that too many of the posts are unconstructive and frivolous. I DO NOT DISAGREE with the posters above, I just am beginning to think that too many posters are posting "because they can" rather than to really contribute. I could provide examples, but it is not my intent to point fingers or embarass anyone.

I will now withhold additional comments on this topic. I've made my point and as is rightly so in this wonderful world, some agree and some disagree.

Having said the above, count me as one who is really looking forward to the release of this new game and anxiously wait its appearance on the market. I'll be extremely interested in see comments and thoughts once beta testing is started. From what I can tell from this website and others like it, there are many talented individuals that will help finalize this product through beta testing.

I hope that I haven't offended anyone, I just hate to see "server space" wasted on trivia.

• Dazmaniac, Sinewiz and fungolfer like this
Richard

Posted Image

#10 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

No offence taken here. :)

We are all going to have different views on what is or is not important. You will always find what you consider trivia on every forum site, but through these trivial things, sometimes friendships are made. Look at the baseball thread on Links Corner! I could argue that that is a pointless waste of space on their website, but the ones who post there would, I'm sure, have a very different perspective. ;)

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#11 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

I hope that I haven't offended anyone, I just hate to see "server space" wasted on trivia.

Not at all Richard.

Some forums usually offer an area for what some see as meaningless trivia and there is an 'Off Topic' area here at PP, but I guess some of the trivia you refer to gets posted in the wrong forums, so I can see where you're coming from.

;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users