#1 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:43 AM

May be to early to talk about but I was wondering how the Game Lobby will be set up? You know, where everyone get's into, to set up a game with each other.. I don't mean to always speak about TW's 08 but IMO they had a pretty good Game Lobby for us to chat and set up games, of course there also was a way to do it privately... Not saying it can't be upgraded but it worked really well and was very user friendly..

What are PG plans? TWO's was NOT user friendly and was actually quite hard to setup a game, matter of fact, I only used it one time, it was horrible.

As we all know, this game is about playing with friends and new friends, so it must be user friendly..

I hope I get to help out in the beta. I know there are many of us from TW's PC Series 08 and from LInksPro that will have gr8 input for things that worked and could be made better and things that didn't work worth a darn..

Of course were not looking to remake these 2 games but the experience from them could be invaluable in helping to make this "The Best Game Ever". B)

Matter of fact, they were some awesome beta testers when TWO came out for testing but TWO rarely listened to us.. We poured our heart and soul into it but were rarely listened to...  I have already seen a lot of those testers here...

Axe

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#2 Carnoustie

Carnoustie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

I hope each course has it's own lobby/clubhouse.

Intel Core i7 6770K Quad Core Skylake

Liquid Cooled

ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO Motherboard

Gigabyte GTX 1080 Waterblock

G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3200

Asus 27" ROG Swift PG278QR Quad HD G-SYNC

Samsung M2 500GB Drive

Samsung 850 SSD 1TB Drive

#3 Maineah

Maineah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationMaine, U.S.A.

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

ditto what Axe said....

The beauty of PG is that it's being developed by fellow sim golf players... they know what they like and don't like too   :)  

I doubt the dev's at TWO played sim golf at all..

Maineah

#4 Jbx

Jbx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHampshire, England

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

May be to early to talk about but I was wondering how the Game Lobby will be set up? You know, where everyone get's into, to set up a game with each other.. I don't mean to always speak about TW's 08 but IMO they had a pretty good Game Lobby for us to chat and set up games, of course there also was a way to do it privately... Not saying it can't be upgraded but it worked really well and was very user friendly..

I would agree Larry, the TW08 EASO was a good lobby system with a dozen rooms or so to check out for games with course & conditions that appealed. I will be interested to find out (in due course) what the developers' initial thoughts are on this subject.

John.

Jbx%20golgBall1.jpg

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every mininute of it!

#5 TeenZ

TeenZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:23 AM

They need something like the lobby in TW08 where there were various rooms and you could private message people or publicly chat. You could see everyone logged on in a list for the room, they just need to change the room idea to a course lobby and a general one showing global for every course. The TWO lobby wasn't very good and not anywhere near as good as TW08.

#6 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:02 AM

They need something like the lobby in TW08 where there were various rooms and you could private message people or publicly chat. You could see everyone logged on in a list for the room, they just need to change the room idea to a course lobby and a general one showing global for every course. The TWO lobby wasn't very good and not anywhere near as good as TW08.

Let's go way back in time to The Zone.  When we all landed in that lobby we could see each game-setup, have public chat below the game-rooms and also private message each other.  I think that was a good model for a future lobby.  I also remember the host of the game-room could eject a player as well.

What do you think?

#7 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

Let's go way back in time to The Zone.  When we all landed in that lobby we could see each game-setup, have public chat below the game-rooms and also private message each other.  I think that was a good model for a future lobby.  I also remember the host of the game-room could eject a player as well.

What do you think?

Yes, In TW08 you could accept or not accept a player into your game.. So you had some control over who joined your game or not. B)

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#8 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

Yeah In The Zone, you were able to lock game rooms by PW and you could give it a title so every1 knew what was going on, like group games etc. But as I can see in most comments, Links and TW had about the same lobby. Might be a big advantage to create something similar...

Who cares...

#9 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:11 PM

Yeah In The Zone, you were able to lock game rooms by PW and you could give it a title so every1 knew what was going on, like group games etc. But as I can see in most comments, Links and TW had about the same lobby. Might be a big advantage to create something similar...

Yep exactly,   and it was a gr8 feature! :) :)

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users