#1 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:40 PM

Will Sky Sports be using a PP version of Merion for their upcoming US Open coverage?

Would be nice to see another virtual design on our screens, after the debut of Augusta National in April.

;)

#2 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

I'll 'bump' this back up in the hope someone from PP reads it and can reply.

Can you in anyway divulge what the multi year deal with Sky entailed? Is it just a regular stint at The Masters or will PP be involved in more events, seeing as Sky Sports show all the PGA Tour golf and the majority of the European Tour golf in the UK every week.

Or do the letters NDA refrain you from commenting?

;)

• Davefevs likes this

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:07 PM

Sorry I missed this one.  We have the contractual ability to support Sky Sports at any event.  However, to do that we are going to have to build out more golf courses.  We are working hard on that front and are also closing in on some other interesting contracts in that area.  Our goal is to have every course on both US and Eurpoean tour built.  Not only built but also geo referenced so we know every location on the course in real lat lon

• Davefevs likes this

#4 BurdieBoy

BurdieBoy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:33 PM

Fantastic news Andrew :)

site_logo.gif

#5 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:40 PM

Thanks for the reply and information Andrew.

#6 TimBoch

TimBoch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationFarmington, MN

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

If I can help with any of the courses, I am willing.

Course Forge Courses in various stages of design: Dwan Golf Club, Hyland Greens, Faribault CC, Desert Valley CC/ Woodland Trail(fictional), Infamous Golf Course (fantasy)
Links 2003 Designs: Dwan Golf Club, Infamous Golf Course, Hazeltine National Golf Club (assistant designer), Woodland Trail/Desert Valley CC , Faribault CC (beta), Hyland Greens (beta), Double Eagle (beta), King's Walk (beta), Interlachen CC (still in planning)
Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.5GHz
  • Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit
  • 16GB DDR3L RAM
  • 750GB 7,200RPM Hard Drive
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M

#7 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:43 PM

That would be awesome beyond belief Andrew.  Hope you guys make it happen.

#8 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:06 PM

Thanks for the response AJ.

;)

#9 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:48 PM

Thanks for the response AJ.

;)

Daz -starting to see some really encouraging news coming out. The above is brilliant....guess it won't be overnight though. Nice tease too re other contracts.

#10 BladeUK

BladeUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:04 PM

The real questions are...

Will the end user be able to play these courses?

Will they come with the game or will they need to be bought?

Dave.

#11 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

Dave.

Exactly. There is no mention that they will ever be available for PG, just that they are creating them for  Sky broadcasts. I wouldn't start celebrating just yet!  :lol: 

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#12 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:18 PM

AJ/MJ,

Have PP had anything to do with the computer version of the Oak Hill course layout that Sky Sports are using this week in their USPGA coverage?

;)

#13 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:45 AM

Dave.

Well, just a poser Q, and apologies for diverting this thread a little ;

If some Courses were withheld, ie Firestone CC until the actual PGA week event, would you purchase the course?

It is something I thought may happen years ago, but if the possability of a game to only play courses from an online library occured, would it be worthwhile. It seems WGT and other such limitations do seem to suggest it is worthwhile. So, could a better offline Golf Sim be made that has the ability to play user designed courses, and the option to play online courses..? Would it be worthwhile.....?

Granted, the Course may never be sold to you as being rightfully yours, but a purse fee may allow you use of the course and entry to a Tournament online too. This could develop into a proper season and you then have options to introduce Course Seasonal fees and the world is your oyster in terms of updating the courses for the following season etc.. It's a big thought and something you kind of expect in todays technology, to already exist.. ask yourself honestly.. with many games out there having online monthly fees, why couldn't there be something like this for Golf..? If it has a kickback regarding Tournaments, then what better challenge..?

No-one likes costs.. so I apologise if this isn't something for everyone. We all have to realise the world doesn't exist on advertising though and in todays age of profitability, you cannot ignore any angle if you want something to gain the success needed. Sometimes ideas are ahead of demand though.. sometimes you need to create demand...

#14 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

Things need to be paid for, its a given.

Hey, apcd-courses.com have a annual subscription to have access to all the downloads they host and help cover the server costs, plus it gives you access to play on their OWGC tour.

I often wonder if Perfect Golf consider going down the path that iRacing have. Obviosuly they have to fund the project somehow.

You pay a monthly, quarterly, half yearly or annual subscription, get full access to their race servers, stock content comes with your initial subscription and other content is available as DLC. You never fully own the content (or the sim for that matter) but whilst ever your subscription is active, everything you have 'purchased' is available for you to to use.

I'm sure when the game is nearer a full release, things like pricing and subscription will be discussed in more detail.

;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users