#1 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

I may have missed something in the forums, but I was wondering how the progression from Newbie to Member etc works???

• Kablammo11 likes this

#2 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

All dependant on the number of posts you make.

It doesn't get you anything or allow access to areas others cannot get in, it's just a cosmetic profile tag for the forums. The Dev's will have set some parameters within the forum so as your post total reaches the required number, your profile will update.

;)

• klc63 likes this

#3 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

All dependant on the number of posts you make.

It doesn't get you anything or allow access to areas others cannot get in, it's just a cosmetic profile tag for the forums. The Dev's will have set some parameters within the forum so as your post total reaches the required number, your profile will update.

;)

Yep. Pretty much every online forum that wasn't build from the ground up will contain something like this. I'd like to see PP release some information on what the exact numbers are to reach the next tag. It's always fun contributing and being rewarded for it. 

TheLighterDark / "William" / University of Arkansas, Fayetteville / 21

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

"All the world on one arrow..." - Ashe, The Frost Archer, League of Legends.

#4 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

I think it was 30 to get to advanced?

Interestingly 3 of the highest posters have responded....me included!
  • Kablammo11 likes this

#5 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:37 AM

I would like to see the number of posts wouldn't be shown at all. Makes some folks post and post and post, just to be the #1. I deleted the tags on my forums as a low poster is as importand as a power poster. I see way more power posters posting bad information (just to get another tag or to get back to #1).

• Sinewiz, Perculator, BurdieBoy and 1 other like this

Who cares...

#6 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:38 AM

I would like to see the number of posts wouldn't be shown at all. Makes some folks post and post and post, just to be the #1. I deleted the tags on my forums as a low poster is as importand as a power poster. I see way more power posters posting bad information (just to get another tag or to get back to #1).

This. ;)

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

#7 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 05:55 AM

Yeah, gotta boost my own figures now, too... :D 

But just to give the OP something in return, im going to "like" his post. Though I agree with fungolfer and Sinewiz that these figures are not very relevant.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#8 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 10 June 2013 - 06:06 AM

I only post because I'm so excited about this game.....happy to let @daz be número uno!

#9 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

Nice to see you have such a high opinion of those who contribute a lot of posts here on the forums, lol.

I don't even pay any attention to the number of posts I have made. I just post in forums as and when I see fit. If you think I'm a 'power poster' who has some obsession with wanting to be #1, then good for you.

;)

#10 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:25 PM

Daz this wasn't specially for you. I'm member in a bunch of forums and it's really fun to see people post alot of nonsense. And IMHO there is just one reason: As many posts as possible. And when you are on Top of the list: Post more to keep the rank. Which sometimes make threads funny when you see #1 - 3 post and post :D

Thats why I disabled tags at the fioga forum ;)

• Tigers Agent likes this

Who cares...

#11 SJude

SJude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:54 AM

I think Dave is right on, I think everyone is posting because they are excited about this game, which is a good thing.  A lot of posts from those of you who have replied on the topic have also posted very good game related items on other topics.  That is what this thing is about and can only be beneficial as we get closer to the release of the game.  I believe they want us to tell them what we are looking for in this game so it is successful and fun for all.

• Nemesis likes this

#12 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:00 AM

As long as each post has substance and is a contribution to the topic at hand I have no problem with post count.

However, threads like "Count to 1,000,000" or other useless things like that on every forum are nothing but nonsense and really have no place here. It doesn't matter anyways. It's just a number. Anyone who takes it seriously needs to reevaluate their priorities. 

• fungolfer likes this

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

#13 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

I would post a lot less - or not at all - if I had something to work with instead, like, say, the CourseForge alpha... These Forums, alas, are the only way to play PerfectGolf at the moment.

@ TheLighterDark: You too, now? A ginormous, oversized gaudy picture signature? If that's how you roll... sure... but you and all the others who use them are cluttering up my reading space quite unnessarily. Feel free to stick with it, by all means, but I find this a bit over the top. Sorry.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

<<<<<

#14 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

@kablammo - that is the youth of today for you!

#15 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:00 PM

I think that pic is first-class, helps brighten up the forums

#16 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:51 AM

A 150px high signature with three lines of text is not over the top. If you can't handle it, maybe try changing your screen's resolution to something other than 800x600. 

Also, that's sarcasm, by the way. 

• Davefevs likes this

n2o7ldH.png

#17 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

Looking at the forum signature settings, TheLighterDark is only doing as he is allowed. Until the Admin's put some form of limit on them, he's good.

I don't care much for full posts with italicised text, but I'll put up with it if that is the posters personal preference.

:P

Kablammo. Forum tip.

Go to your profile settings and your 'Manage Ignore Preferences'. You can select a forum members name and choose to ignore the signature of that user. This might be useful for you and any posts made by TheLighterDark.

B)

#18 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:16 PM

Looking at the forum signature settings, TheLighterDark is only doing as he is allowed. Until the Admin's put some form of limit on them, he's good.

n2o7ldH.png

#19 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:56 AM

Hehe, can of worms... I did write that TheLighterDark should feel free to stick with it if he wanted. I never intended to demand that he should stop or that he did not have the right to do it. Us oldtimers would never do such a thing. Simply wanted to point out what I deem to be unnecessary pixel pollution and a slightly awkward and futile way to express one's fierce individualism...   :huh: but let's not argue this point any more, that would be off-topic.

To actively select him in my settings just to be able to ignore his signature seems a bit of too much work - also, if he did change his signature to "K11 is a grumpy old fart", I would not notice it. So, you crazy young'uns, I'm very sorry I was born... too long ago.  :P  

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#20 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:32 AM

Well, I'm a member in many forums and there is one which rules say the following (This is nothing against any user :D)

Signature: Please make sure your signature is not bigger or more interesting than whatever you write in this forum. Your answers should be way more interesting than your sig.

After all I think this is an interesting point of view. If the sig is too big it may be more interesting than your post. And I think the post should be the main thingy.

OK back to topic :)

Who cares...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users