#22 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:23 PM

@Kablammo - correctamundo sir, regards the highlighting of the word SOON, lol. iRacing use it a lot and whenever they do the community cringes, lol.

As for "We are getting close", maybe AJ meant they will be employing Glenn Close? Get her to do some narrative work, lol. (yes, I'm bored, lol).

;)

Noooooo.....don't get Glenn Close onboard. She can't seem blend, all she can produce is a 'jagged edge'!!!!!!!
  • Dazmaniac and Acrilix like this

#23 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

Noooooo.....don't get Glenn Close onboard. She can't seem blend, all she can produce is a 'jagged edge'!!!!!!!

We are not worthy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#24 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

Otherwise known as SOON

:D :D :D :P :P :P :D :D :D

We were told that a video of a shot being hit in PG would be "coming soon."  That was 5-1/2 weeks ago.  So, I've learned to take what they say with a grain of salt.  I guess it's just the nature of the business.

#25 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

Its perfect golf for a reason..... :)

• Maineah likes this

#26 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

:rolleyes:

#27 Devil Ray

Devil Ray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

Logged in today and thought corse forge was released right now, but no download.

Hope that will happen soon. Cant't wait to get my hands on the tool.

PS: @ Andrew: Since its a beta it hasn't to be perfect :D

• Davefevs likes this

#28 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

Logged in today and thought corse forge was released right now, but no download.

Hope that will happen soon. Cant't wait to get my hands on the tool.

PS: @ Andrew: Since its a beta it hasn't to be perfect :D

You know that, I know that, but it still has to be user friendly enough to be easy because that it what it is designed to be.  

• jgirard and SJude like this

#29 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

Interesting concept Andrew.. user friendly.. lol. You'd be surprised at the level of those awaiting the Forge, and what they can adapt to. I recall the APCD when it got thrown my way in beta, and whilst I never actually released a course, the learning began immediately. There are likely alot here that will develop their interest once they understand how to do what it is they are attempting. I suppose you can't have a race without a defined route to run, but that wouldn't stop quite a few from running once the pistol went off.

I eagerly look forward to hearing the "ready, set..." ;)

#30 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

You know that, I know that, but it still has to be user friendly enough to be easy because that it what it is designed to be.  

A month on from your post. Are we any nearer to a 'user friendly' version?

;)

#31 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:23 AM

We decided with the release of unity 4 we needed to upgrade all our applications to unity 4. This has unfortunately let to a large number of fixes we are working through.
  • Unique likes this

#32 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

We decided with the release of unity 4 we needed to upgrade all our applications to unity 4. This has unfortunately let to a large number of fixes we are working through.

Could this not have been made public on the forums that this was the case? You know, the regular updates we were supposedly getting on this new site.

Would certainly help and possibly curb all the guessing we the community seem to keep having to do. (If it was posted somewhere, my apologies).

Brings to mind that song by Led Zeppelin............. 'Communication Breakdown'.

;)

#33 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

Actually, Daz raises a good point here.. although I'm sure you all will have the skills relevant to announce the updates as they happen, you could enhance the current community with a little more Dev News.

What we have, is a site created by yourselves, in a format suited to the style you guys decided upon. The content has almost been guided by your naming of the forums, and those snippets released via other digital online media outlets has created a small but interested community. Some are more keen and visit more often, others will await whatever occurs and react accordingly. Those are the ones that usually depend on the current community to aid them in what they seek and answer the forum questions alot quicker than perhaps an official answer would appear. These "current community" people are the ones I often think are overlooked and under-utilised. They can become a pain because they crave and want more.. but they are un-guided.

Mike Jones reminded me of a Weekend Warrior event we used to run at Links Corner, and I wonder if this is something that can be adapted here. Every weekend, you MUST release a comment regarding the Weeks Dev News. Even if it is simply the statement read above regarding the new version of unity and the necessary bug fixes. You'd be surprised how content some (maybe not all obviously lol) of the current community would appreciate the updates, as well as the surge of site traffic you would receive over those times. We had such a large increase in traffic over the weekends with LC it quadrupled everything we normally achieved during the week. Handy numbers to have when thinking ahead..

• Dazmaniac, Keith and ✠ davef ✠ like this

#34 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:28 AM

I try and pop on as much as I can and answer questions in the CourseForge section and post comments in other places too. If I had more time I'd post more for sure!

As for Dev blogs etc - you can overdo it, we kindof went down that road on the old site 

The best way to give people what they want is to give people what they want and not tell them stories about it 

We didn't post much about getting the graphics and physics test stuff out to the community but one day it appeared so don't be surprised if other things just appear too  :lol:

#35 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:57 AM

Didn't realise there was an old site,Mike...!

Careful what you wish for in having more time, sometimes that just means you can have a little more work too... ying and yang stuff maybe, I dunno lol..

#36 Devil Ray

Devil Ray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

Hey I totally can understand you guys. You wan't the best release, you can say a polished one with all features well done and so one. But why cant you just release something betalike. as i said before a beta has not to be perfect and everybody knows that it has bugs and errors. thats the concept behind a beta to track the bug and errors down and get rid of them.

I also can understand that you want the newest stuff of unity 4 in it. But when will the relese of the beta happen then? Will it still be 2013? Or maybe 2014.

But why not release the excisting unity 3 version. i think a lot of people would be happy with taht, you will see how the people can generate stuff with the tools, you get feedback and bug reports and even suggestions for improvements. but that all can only happen if we get our hands on the tools. If you worry about being to complex. I have mapped with lots of different tools and programms, and if yours is unity based, as u said it is, thats one of the more userfriendly ones since unity is userfriendly by default.

Just my 50 cents.

PS: Sorry for any typing errors that may have occured.

#37 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

Could this not have been made public on the forums that this was the case? You know, the regular updates we were supposedly getting on this new site.

Would certainly help and possibly curb all the guessing we the community seem to keep having to do. (If it was posted somewhere, my apologies).

Brings to mind that song by Led Zeppelin............. 'Communication Breakdown'.

;)

There is a fine balance between over communicating and under delivering as Mike said.  What you will begin to notice is that things go really quiet around here when we get swamped with projects as there is just not enough time in the day for everything.   Just like it went quiet in the run up to the Masters things are quiet again as awe work on another major effort except this time you will all get to participate in it if you want to.  These projects add great potential future functionality to the game and help us keep the dream alive.  Also the expansion of our product range into other commercial avenues makes it far more likely that you will be able to play Perfect Golf for many many years to come using the latest and greatest technology.   Thanks for your patience

#38 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

I'm so intrigued by your latest comments Andrew..  :wub: 

#39 mjhamilton113

mjhamilton113

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLincoln, RI

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

Very very interesting little hint in there. I'm very curious to see what we will get to participate in

#40 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:49 PM

Has it ever not been really quiet around here?  ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users