5 replies to this topic

#1 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

While we wait, here's a little idea... I think it would be cool if there were a FPS playing mode: In game, you don't see your avatar at all, you simply walk around (or drive a golf cart) in the first person perspective. You move with the WASD keys and look around, up and down etc. by using a right click and moving your mouse.

The only help you get are a scorecard with a hole overview and maybe a grass toss for the wind. You also may walk around or up a nearby mound to get a better view. To execute a shot, you walk close to your ball and click on it, causing you to bend down. You see the same thing as in real golf: Your ball and the club head and shaft stretching down towards it. You can pivot the view to align your club, a little bit like that John Daly game for consoles...

[attachment=39:John Daly FPS.jpg]

Click again on the ball to get the click meter or the true swing display and to execute your shot. You straighten up to see your golf ball fly off and land somewhere ahead, then move after it hoping you will find it on the short stuff. If it's not on the short stuff, you have to go look for it in the thick stuff. And so on...

FPS Golf should not be the main play mode of PerfectGolf, but for those who are into SIM playstyles that might be fun. Certainly not a top priority, just a little nice-to-have thing for the long term. Just a thought.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#2 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

You can pretty much  already do that in TW08, fly around the course as if in first person mode, (using the WSADFV key's) checking out the terrain, the green, your potential landing area, you can even zoom in on a blade of grass, if you want.

Although when you actually are swinging at the ball, your not really in first person mode but you do have several angles from which to swing..

So I would hope PP at the very least has these options but it would be nice to be able to strike the ball in first person shooter mode...

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#3 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:39 PM

Flying grants you views that a real golfer on a real golf course does not have. As soon as you leave the perspective of eye level, you get tons of valuable info about the next shot. As far as I remember TW08, what you describe was part of the previewing-the-hole-and-figuring-out-a-shot-process, not an element of actual motion (Been a while, only had the buggy mac port, so I'm not too sure about that...). There would be no scouting out your potential landing area, no bird's eye overview, no staring at grass blades 200 yds ahead... In a true FPS mode you would be locked inside the player, five and a half feet above ground, without the benefit of wings. And that's it.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#4 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

My bad, should have read first post more completely. That would be awesome, to be able to walk around inside your AI and only see from your eyes height.. I love it! :)

But of course we would still need the ability to do what I describe in 08 with the cameras in the actual game, to help us in our IN-GAME  testing of our custom built courses...

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#5 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:52 PM

Typing in this old post to test my signature sorry 

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#6 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:12 PM

Yes, I posted this a couple of times.  I enjoyed this view a lot when I used to play JDPSG.   Too bad the game play was terrible.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users