70 replies to this topic

#1 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:27 AM

I had a discussion in a game with a player who felt I was too good to be using max/max aids .  This harkens back to all the remarks made between players of the Links and Tiger Woods series. A constant attempt to try and change a person's chosen Swing Difficulty Level.

Let's differentiate between Swing Difficulty Level and Skill Level . Swing Difficulty Level is the comfort zone chosen by any given player.   The Skill Level is how well one plays at any given Swing Difficulty Level.

Perfect Golf will sadly go through the same scenarios as did the Links and Tiger Woods series. (bummer)

A word of wisdom to all new players.  DO NOT let someone make you feel badly because you have become very good at your chosen Swing Difficulty Level. Be it max/max - mod/mod - min/min or no aids at all, you put the time in to be a very good player at that difficulty level. Don't be swayed by some 'nickname' on the Internet. ;)

As for me I may stay Max/Max in PG, we'll see.

And on the lighter side of this dissertation is the fact that not everyone wants to play super-difficult swing modes just for the challenge of it. Some people are masochistic and will simply play beyond their capabilities to increase self-loathing. :D :wacko: :blink:

PS  I have only owned the game 6 days and shot -5 with breezy wind. Too good?  I think not! :D

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#2 sreddy

sreddy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:40 AM

Well play as you like, I guess.

For me i would be bored to death if the game became to easy. With no aids, there is no chance for that to happen. But I rarely play online as people always tend to play with max aid, and I find that boring. Perhaps someone should make a list of players wanting to play online but not with aids, and then add them as friends on steam.

Looking forward to when you can set up a game for no aids only, etc.
  • Tigers Agent likes this

#3 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:43 AM

Exactly! :)

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#4 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:17 AM

Admin note - Posted deleted due to inflammatory nature of the content. It's possible to disagree with the OP without being insulting.

#5 argon

argon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:51 AM

Yes the OP  mentioned some one who is an Expert in a game that`s ? how many weeks , months old.

Play what suits you and your  playing partners, do not try to force your ideals on all.

• Crusher likes this

#6 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:10 PM

Difficulty Level will always be an issue to some.  Davefv92c, runs a Ladder that hosts tournaments nearly everyday and night.  The setting for difficulty are max/max.    Some of his members (me specifically) have settings of Max/Min (gotta be different) as difficulty settings and it is my responsibility to change the settings to comply with the tournaments difficulty Level of Max/Max.  Or I can play with my current setting as they are more difficult (not easier) than his tournament setting.  

It is simple - play your chosen difficulty setting or change them to Max/Max if you feel you want to level the playing field. :rolleyes:

The caviot is: This is in a competitive league setting where results matter.   So play the game as you see fit. 

• ✠ davef ✠ and Crusher like this

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#7 TheOtherRick

TheOtherRick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationHeart of Dixie

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:07 PM

For me i would be bored to death if the game became to easy. With no aids, there is no chance for that to happen. But I rarely play online as people always tend to play with max aid, and I find that boring. Perhaps someone should make a list of players wanting to play online but not with aids, and then add them as friends on steam.

Looking forward to when you can set up a game for no aids only, etc.

I don't understand how the choice of your opponents settings makes your game boring. If you are playing no aids, your game is just as difficult and challenging whether you play alone or against an opponent, no matter what his/her settings are. Golf is about beating the course, especially in stroke play. Match play and tournament play are different stories, but for stroke play, having an elitist attitude only hurts the community. But I suppose that this game is no different than any other online multi-player game. Noobs get treated like red-headed step-children by people that were once noobs themselves.

• Fairwayman, ✠ davef ✠, gravedodger and 1 other like this

Ye Olde Computing Machine
CPU - Intel i5-8600K Six Core @ 3.60 GHz
MB - ASRock Z370 Pro 4

RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GB DDR4 2666 MHz
OS - Windows 10 Home  (64-bit)
GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

#8 SeventyFour

SeventyFour

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:09 PM

It'll all be a moot point once the full game releases, and the PGT starts, which i'm assuming will be similar to the OWGC, which has a handicap system in place, so "level" won't make a huge difference.

Perfect Golf Beta Team Member

#9 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:10 PM

First off this is a game not life and death and you should play at the level you feel comfortable at and not listen to anyone else. This game is very difficult even with Max aids and if you make a few mistakes you can shoot 67 one round and 77 the next. When playing online I never ask what level you are as I am just happy to be playing a round with another live body and that is good enough for me. Again it's just a game.
  • Fairwayman, Keith, ✠ davef ✠ and 5 others like this

#10 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:24 PM

People being overly concerned with how others prefer to play a game has always been a puzzler for me. And it's not just limited to difficulty settings. Some people that slide are aghast that others click and vise versa. Play the game the way it's most enjoyable for you. Seems simple enough. For me personally I get a kick out of playing all the difficulty settings because it makes for a completly different experience. Playing max allows me to shape the ball and attack pins while off has me doing my level best to keep the ball in play, playing away from hazards and aiming at the fat part of greens.  ;) If one's overly concerned with "winning" then pick out a couple that enjoy playing the game "exactly" as you do and be done with it. Just don't brow beat someone because they enjoy playing the game differently than you do. There's enough options for all of us. :)  

• Keith, ✠ davef ✠, gravedodger and 2 others like this

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

#11 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:37 PM

Play what suits you and your  playing partners, do not try to force your ideals on all.

Exactly! :)

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#12 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:41 PM

People being overly concerned with how others prefer to play a game has always been a puzzler for me. And it's not just limited to difficulty settings. Some people that slide are aghast that others click and vise versa. Play the game the way it's most enjoyable for you. Seems simple enough. For me personally I get a kick out of playing all the difficulty settings because it makes for a completly different experience. Playing max allows me to shape the ball and attack pins while off has me doing my level best to keep the ball in play, playing away from hazards and aiming at the fat part of greens.  ;) If one's overly concerned with "winning" then pick out a couple that enjoy playing the game "exactly" as you do and be done with it. Just don't brow beat someone because they enjoy playing the game differently than you do. There's enough options for all of us. :)  

Totally agree with your post. :)

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#13 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:43 PM

Two thumbs up. Agreed. :)

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#14 Kelson64

Kelson64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:39 PM

You raise some good points, but ultimately, I paid for the game and I will play it whatever way I like. That doesn't mean that I will lower myself to use non-game aids. But it does mean that I will explore the game's features, and use them to make the game the most enjoyable it can be for me.

When I play a game, I'm not looking to impress anyone. I'm looking to have fun for myself. I don't cheat . . . and so sometimes I get frustrated because I stink at most games . . . but getting better at a game is also the fun of it.

When I start a game for the first time, I always play it on easy-mode if I am unfamiliar with the game. But I will soon adjust the mode to provide myself a fair and realistic challenge. With golf games, the challenge is always "me against the course". Everything else is secondary.

• Joe Habiger, Crow357, ✠ davef ✠ and 4 others like this

#15 SeventyFour

SeventyFour

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:40 PM

You raise some good points, but ultimately, I paid for the game and I will play it whatever way I like. That doesn't mean that I will lower myself to use non-game aids. But it does mean that I will explore the game's features, and use them to make the game the most enjoyable it can be for me.

When I play a game, I'm not looking to impress anyone. I'm looking to have fun for myself. I don't cheat . . . and so sometimes I get frustrated because I stink at most games . . . but getting better at a game is also the fun of it.

When I start a game for the first time, I always play it on easy-mode if I am unfamiliar with the game. But I will soon adjust the mode to provide myself a fair and realistic challenge. With golf games, the challenge is always "me against the course". Everything else is secondary.

Well said.

Perfect Golf Beta Team Member

#16 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:18 PM

+1

• Ricky Proffer and Crusher like this

#17 ZONA

ZONA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:49 AM

My thoughts on the subject are this. Obviously some people play the game for pure enjoyment and are not wanting to be competitive about it in the least. Then you have the super serious crowd who also enjoy the game but also really enjoy a competitive arena. And you have the group in the middle that like a little of both. There is no right or wrong for any group. 

The only thing I would suggest is giving options when you set up a game online. As the host you should have control who joins the game. If you want just a casual fun round with no pressure, let any skill level join the game. If you want a somewhat competitive game against an opponent with the same skill level, you should be allowed to do so.  

It's all about options. That's what truly makes everybody happy in the end. 

• Joe Habiger and Perculator like this

#18 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 03 March 2015 - 06:52 AM

Well said +2

Warren

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

#19 Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:18 PM

Agreed. There was a "nice" chap called Dan Colvill the other night, when I joined, he immediately told me "fkf you fkn noob" before I could even say hi.

I wish there was a way to avoid people like this, because everyone else I've played with so far has been a real treat.

#20 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:30 PM

That's why I generally don't play online. Games are supposed to be fun, but most people online are asshats.
  • SeventyFour likes this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users