#1 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:59 AM

When playing Links 2003, I usually play each course with my own set of assigned conditions. I do this for a couple of reasons. The first is to make sure the settings are playable for the course (eg. greens aren't too slopey for the green speeds) and the other is to give each course its own 'feel' (ie. creating a more unique, but realistic, and consistent feel for each course) when playing it, giving me a (slim!) chance to remember how each specific course will play when I next encounter it.

It would be great if Perfect Golf would allow settings to be saved under a custom name so that I could call them up again in the future, knowing I had the conditions I wanted for each course or circumstance. It would then be simple to load, for instance, 'US Open conditions', or 'Carnoustie - dry/Summer' etc without having to go through the process of setting individual sliders in the game for rough depth, green speed, firmness etc, before each round. Of course, there would still be the possibility of adjusting them after loading for variation, but I could have the majority of the work already saved in a custom settings profile, making a much quicker start possible, before each round.

• Dazmaniac and highfade like this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#2 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

Good idea. The more options the merrier!

#3 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:52 AM

Yes it's a good Idea. But I'd be curious as to how much more time it would take to implement this or any of  type of these  bells and whistles into the building of this game.

#4 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

Great idea. Doesn't need to be part of the beta or v 1.0, but maybe in v 2.5 or so ;) :D

Who cares...

#5 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:33 AM

I like the idea also.

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#6 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

To add to Lez's excellent suggestion, would be nice if the round settings as a whole could be saved as some sort of config file (a bit like in a racing sim where you would save a car setup for a particular car at a particular track), so you would have the course conditions for greens, fairways and rough, the tees selected and the pins, so that if you ever wanted to play the course the same way in future, everything was saved and you could just load it all up and head to the tee, without the need for having to reselect anything.

;)

#7 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

So, a bit like a links ltf file?

#8 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

So, a bit like a links ltf file?

Yep, along those lines D. Basically something you can just load up that has all settings pre-configured.

;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users