#1 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

Like many people these days, I also use my tv as my computer monitor. Last year I bought an LG 3DTV, and I've been amazed at the extra immersive element this brings to everything I watch. Adding 3D to Perfect Golf would seem to be a relatively simple thing to achieve, using H-SBS, or OU, and would then allow anyone with a 3DTV to play the game. I can only imagine how amazing those fly-bys would then look!!  :)

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#2 MOD45

MOD45

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

I have an nvidia 3d vision monitor and I'm hopeful that this game would be 3d compatible?

#3 Devil Ray

Devil Ray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

I heard rumors that the next version of unity will eventally feature the oculus rift 3d glasses. Taht would be awsome if perfect golf will feature the ocolus rift :D

#4 Jbx

Jbx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHampshire, England

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

Out of my league!!

Jbx%20golgBall1.jpg

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every mininute of it!

#5 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:21 PM

Well, I've recently downloaded a free 12 day trial of Tridef 3D. This software allows you to play dx9/10/11 games in 3D and it outputs in many different formats including side by side and over/under. It works fine in interlaced reverse mode for my LG TV so I decided to try the physics alpha using it.

WOW!!!, I had a fly around using my Microsoft controller and it was beautiful! (not that it wasn't before) I even paused for a bit by the waterfall to watch the water cascading towards me in 3D!!

The only problem I could see was the reflective water didn't look quite right ( I think it was because it was displaying the reflection in 3D rather than a 2D image on the surface). This could well be correctable though as there is an advanced profile section where you can control different shaders etc and all manner of other things, but I'll leave fiddling with those until a playable game is available.

For standard 3D there is a 50% hit on framerate, although there is a pseudo 3D mode (much more than just 2D-3D because it uses distance data from the game) which has little affect on fps and works just as well for many titles. I was wandering around the dungeons of Legend of Grimrock in this mode and it was brilliant!

Such a shame Links 2003 isn't dx9. If only it had come out a year or so later then I would be a VERY happy golfer!

Suffice it to say, for anyone with a fast computer displaying on a 3DTV, this is a great program and well worth checking out, especially as there is the 12 day free trial option. ;) 

#6 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:01 PM

Two members of the team have Rifts and I believe at least one of them did a build at some point where it played on it but we need to get the PC MAC game out first.  Is it Winter 2013 yet?

Andrew

• Unique, fungolfer, IanD and 1 other like this

#7 vfe

vfe

Mac Overlord

• Administrators
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

Though it's worth noting, Acrilix was talking about 3D in context of a TV. Rift support is quite different(in terms of implementation), even if the end result is basically the same(stereoscopic vs polarization).

We currently have no 3D(in the sense of a 3DTV) support.

#8 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:00 PM

Don't think 3D is a must at this point and not on a short time line. 3D might help alot on greens if you play without grids on. I'm using NVidias 3D Vision and a 3D Monitor from BenQ, but like I said, I for myself didn't expect 3D in the game at the start. Might be a good idea for a 4.0 version or even later, but it is no must IMHO.

Who cares...

#9 MOD45

MOD45

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:55 AM

Though it's worth noting, Acrilix was talking about 3D in context of a TV. Rift support is quite different(in terms of implementation), even if the end result is basically the same(stereoscopic vs polarization).

We currently have no 3D(in the sense of a 3DTV) support.

What about nvidia 3d vision support?

#10 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:20 AM

What about nvidia 3d vision support?

There are people using Tridef 3D that have come over to it from nVidia vision. If your monitor supports side by side or over/under 3D you can use it. You just have to turn off nVidia vision in your nvidia control panel.

btw - there are also people with Oculus Rift using it too, with the Oculus Rift beta add-on.

#11 MOD45

MOD45

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:29 AM

Doesn't tridef cost money though?

#12 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:02 PM

Doesn't tridef cost money though?

Yes, but it's worth a look with the free 12 day trial (you've got nothing to lose). You can check out the Perfect Golf physics alpha, and other games if you like, then uninstall it if you don't want to buy it.

I've already purchased it before my 12 days were up, as it's just what I was looking for. I've also finally got hold of a copy of Tiger Woods 08 for PC because I knew it was supported, and I'm really enjoying playing it in 3D! The greens are readable without the grid on (something I didn't think would be possible, and always put me off going back to TW, as I really dislike grids and am so used to the Links BLI now). With horizontal true-swing on intermediate and a created pro player, it's very similar to powerstroke pro for me, and at the moment I'm finding it more difficult!!

Tridef costs $39.99 at the moment, that was £24.66 (GB) for me using Paypal. For the fun I will have with it, it's a worthwhile investment, but as I say, you can just use the trial to check out the PG demo then uninstall it if you like, and it will cost you nothing.

#13 MOD45

MOD45

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

Yes, but it's worth a look with the free 12 day trial (you've got nothing to lose). You can check out the Perfect Golf physics alpha, and other games if you like, then uninstall it if you don't want to buy it.

I've already purchased it before my 12 days were up, as it's just what I was looking for. I've also finally got hold of a copy of Tiger Woods 08 for PC because I knew it was supported, and I'm really enjoying playing it in 3D! The greens are readable without the grid on (something I didn't think would be possible, and always put me off going back to TW, as I really dislike grids and am so used to the Links BLI now). With horizontal true-swing on intermediate and a created pro player, it's very similar to powerstroke pro for me, and at the moment I'm finding it more difficult!!

Tridef costs $39.99 at the moment, that was £24.66 (GB) for me using Paypal. For the fun I will have with it, it's a worthwhile investment, but as I say, you can just use the trial to check out the PG demo then uninstall it if you like, and it will cost you nothing.

Thanks for the info on tridef, for some reason I thought it was subscription basis after the trial. I used to own Tiger Woods 08 but ended up giving it away to my nephrew and he has likely long traded it in for a newer game. Been looking for somewhere where I could  buy a digital download in the last few days with absolutely no luck in regards to TW08.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users