#1 Mick-S

Mick-S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationDevon.u.k / born London

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

I know it`s early days to talk about course designing, but thought I would start a thread where we can input what course/s we intend to create, just to eliminate the possibility of having more than one designer doing the same course, although there is no problem if someone wants to design a course someone else has already listed, anyway I will update this post as courses get added.

Course                          Fictional  / Real                Location                             creator

My Course                         Fictional                     England,U.K                       Mick-S

Maitland's Meadow           Fictional                     Scottish Highlands                K11
The Black Swan                Fictional                     Ireland                                  K11
Willow Heath                     Fictional                     Cheltenham, UK                   K11
Cozyville                            Fictional                     Planet Earth                         K11
Mulligan Municipal             Fictional                     USA                                     K11
Pommeroy's P'n'P             Fictional                     USA                                     K11

#2 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

Hehe...

Maitland's Meadow  • Fictional  • Scottish Highlands • K11 • (Test course, a bit like Gleneagles, both Queens and King course)

The Black Swan • Fictional • Achill Island, Ireland • K11 • (Where Torrey Pines meets St. Andrews - double greens on a clifftop)

Willow Heath • Fictional • About 15 miles outside of Cheltenham, UK • K11 (An easy, relaxing country golf course)

Cozyville (Working title) • Fictional • Undisclosed Location • K11 (Nothing cozy: Where true champions are forged by hardships and terror)

Mulligan Municipal • Fictional • Northeast of USA • K11 (An interpretative hommage to one of my favs, Oakmont)

aaand...

Pommeroy's P'n'P • Fictional • US Midwest • K11 (A very short Pitch and Putt course, 25 to 85 yds holes, to practice the short game)

...may be expanded latrer with Pommeroys Putt-O-Rama, a miniature golf putting layout, and Pommeroy's Bucket Shack, a driving range - provided it would be possible to switch from one feature to the other without leaving the game.

All prepped and ready for the CourseForge.

I don't plan to do any real life courses, I don't see why the Trent-Jones', Nicklaus', Palmers et al should have all the fun. I like the term "Fictional" much better than the description "Fantasy Course" (TWO regaled us with truly monstrous aberrations in that department). Even though my courses are completely fictional or imaginary, I have the ambition to create designs that may not be real, but who very well could be. And not weird plattform jumpers with impossible obstacles and crazy unrealistic landscapes. Fictional yes, but always probable and true to the game.

• Davefevs likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#3 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

Man..you guys are going to be some busy bees.  I am going to eventually give my local course..Houston Lake Country Club..a go.  Everything after that is up in the air.  Depends on how CF and I get along, but I am hoping it goes well and I can do a fictional course down the road.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users