• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Wickenshire

Wickenshire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

When it comes to sports games.  I know FIFA is big but i am not a big and all other sports games have a hard time translating to the PC but golf is the exception.  Make a quality game and it will be worth the effort.

#2 ERASERhead1

ERASERhead1

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:36 AM

This game has so much potential it's ridiculous.

God what I would give to be playing a good golf game right now, especially on pc where I can crank my graphics up on my GeForce Titan.

These devs better realize how much of a gold mine they are sitting on, especially with EA pulling the plug on pc Tiger and refusing to be creative or innovative for years now.

Sure is a lack of sports games on pc for obivous reasons I suppose.  This game is the only golf game I've been excited about since Tiger '10.

They better make this happen.  I want to spend money on a great golf game now!

• vackillers likes this

#3 Nunnayo

Nunnayo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:29 AM

God what I would give to be playing a good golf game right now, especially on pc where I can crank my graphics up on my GeForce Titan.

These devs better realize how much of a gold mine they are sitting on, especially with EA pulling the plug on pc Tiger and refusing to be creative or innovative for years now.

Sure is a lack of sports games on pc for obivous reasons I suppose.  This game is the only golf game I've been excited about since Tiger '10.

That's great to hear.  I am now anxiously awaiting.

#4 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:29 AM

We've seen many trends on gaming over the years, with consoles always winning the major battles regarding titles. Quite simply, developers 'like' (amusing for this to become an online word stolen from the pc world of jargon lol) a basic machine to design a game upon... it's a business sense approach too, without the concerns of piracy and several other factors. Personally I feel it may become limiting and restrictive to the world in general regarding future tech, however this isn't the world of Skynet quite yet... but with fewer people involved in the ever changing world of the personal computer, it's perhaps less of something to pass on to younger generations and continue. I doubt the pc will die, we'll just get older..

Big companies (excuse my wording, as naturally we all want to be big companies lol) are unlikely to ignore big audiences and possible big returns, but they will miss the bigger picture of how broad the audience has become in what they want. We all enjoy a thump on a console, but most of us want a little more in terms of improving something within that game. We have all enjoyed that personal touch in games where we can change characters, dress them, and even improve our looks. They are not games that suffer low audiences.. it's almost a necessary inclusion because people want it. So in terms of giving people what they want, smaller companies can target those areas and gain alot of reward by simply being the first in that area.. that's a great deal of work however for a smaller audience, but the demand is definitely there. Sports sims have rarely suffered in demand, they quite possibly suffer in exposure however. If a personality involved in a particular sport goes 'bad', the game can itself suffer... but that shouldn't reflect upon an online community. It's something big companies are perhaps wary of though... reflecting back on the Tiger Woods demise.

What PP seem to be doing though, is more innovative, and expansive on an element that has always had demand. Hopefully their hard work will be rewarded in time, and we can see an improved future based on their groundwork. I look forward to things ahead..

#5 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:26 PM

According to a survey of what operating system people are using it is Windows 7 that is totally dominating that survey.

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

#6 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:39 PM

Yes, sounds fair enough.. would it be fair to suggest, I use that word carefully.. Windows 8 was brought about to incorporate tablet design and similarity, thus making things easier for those either new to those devices or pc's.. perhaps an aging generation that haven't used pc's or a younger generation that only used tablets..or both? If that's so.. isn't that simply targetting an audience rather than offering them something they need.. ooh contentious perhaps..lol.

My father is 80yrs old and been a PC man for years.. however, living abroad he is now subject to limits, and his latest pc came with Windows 8. Now.. he emails me almost daily but is struggling to get his printer software to install using the CD that came with it.. what honestly does this say about an operating system...? Several things actually, but alas, he is now about to pay out for Windows 7 because he cannot use the system provided. It upsets me, and I've emailed several times to him, how wrong it is to give more money to Microsoft when technically, you cannot use what is provided.

I can't be alone in thinking, if you're not satisfied or cannot use the software, and an alternative exists, then why should you be forced to pay again..

#7 vackillers

vackillers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:00 AM

Exactly....

It has been YEARS since we've seen a REAL golf game on the PC, last real game I can really think of was Microprose Golf back in the mid 90s which had just about everything you could want (back in the day). Never ever been a fan of the EA's Tiger woods rubbish, so boring and lacked so many features it was just plain crap and really meant for consoles anyway. Wish this thread had a better thread name rather then PC is Dead, because its litterately quite the oposite of that to be honest. PC is getting more n more traction every year and now is the time to release a golf game like no other before it, the course forge alone is by far, makes this the number one golf game in the world, there is NO OTHER golf game that even does just that, so its already WAAAY ahead of the curve on that...  Then the potential to add different types of careers / tournaments / mini games / coop games / online/offline careers / differen't equipment / hiring caddys... Perfect Golf is most likely going to be just that, the perfect golf game without the money crap that came with WGT Golf.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users