#1 jayw4862

jayw4862

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:00 PM

1. Maybe I've missed it, but shouldn't the backspin dot be moved to the bottom of the ball and the topspin be at the top? 

2. Are there any plans to have the spin (if any is applied) stay put if you do a practice swing, or notice the meter is choppy and let the swing go through. I sometimes forget to re-apply the spin after letting the meter run through, for whatever reason. It would be nice if the spin applied would stay put.

HP Desktop -

Windows 98 -

Very Fast Dial-Up -

Celeron 133Mhz -

64MB Ram -

Radeon 7000 Graphics Card -

20TB HD - (can save a lot of pictures and stuff)

Jay  :)

#2 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:34 PM

As far as I'm aware the dot isn't to apply spin. Dot set low=low shot, dot set high=high shot.
  • jayw4862 likes this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#3 richybro

richybro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Locationglasgw

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:43 PM

yep your right its doesnt put spin on the ball all it does is makes the ball fly higher or lower and with some clubs it shortens or increases how far the ball will go

• jayw4862 likes this

#4 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:26 PM

1. Maybe I've missed it, but shouldn't the backspin dot be moved to the bottom of the ball and the topspin be at the top? 

2. Are there any plans to have the spin (if any is applied) stay put if you do a practice swing, or notice the meter is choppy and let the swing go through. I sometimes forget to re-apply the spin after letting the meter run through, for whatever reason. It would be nice if the spin applied would stay put.

A common misconception.  The shot shaping tool is there to allow you to shape the flight of the ball not create spin.  Move the dot up towards the top for a higher trajectory shot,  down towards the bottom for a lower flight angle.  Move it left or right to apply draw/fade.  Mix and match to create the ball flight you want.  The devs are aware that letting the meter run through resets the shot shaper to the centre default position.  I'm pretty sure it's on the bug list to be fixed.

The amount of spin is directly related to how hard you hit the ball.  Go above the 12:00 position on the meter and you will get more spin on the ball.  Conversely, the less power you use the less spin you get.  Need to hit into an upslope on the green but worried about spin causing the ball to pull back from the cup?  Use a lower lofted club and hit it softer.  Need more bite on landing?  Try using a higher lofted club and overswinging to get more backspin.

• jayw4862 likes this

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#5 jayw4862

jayw4862

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 15 April 2015 - 06:05 PM

OK....I appreciate the answers. Makes sense now. I haven't had any problem getting loft or keeping it low. Just thought it was spin being applied. Since I miss so many greens (and all fairways, lol), I have gotten pretty good at flopping and chipping using the "dot". 

Thanks!!

HP Desktop -

Windows 98 -

Very Fast Dial-Up -

Celeron 133Mhz -

64MB Ram -

Radeon 7000 Graphics Card -

20TB HD - (can save a lot of pictures and stuff)

Jay  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users