33 replies to this topic

#1 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:30 PM

Note: This is not a personal attack on all MS players. You must keep that in mind while reading my post.

I played a very good MS player recently, we both played with No Aids.  I know it is absolutely impossible for a 3C (three clicker) to hit the ball perfectly straight on any shot with a No Aids setting. Yet the MS player hit perfectly on every shot from tee to green.

So...how is that (this) MS player can hit the ball perfectly straight on every shot with No Aids?  It is not due to practice because I personally practice a lot in Max and No Aid modes.

I brought up the Edging question on the third hole of our match, I was down one hole. The comment was ignored by the MS player.

I finished the round with this person, a 9 hole match so I could witness the results of the player's shots. Every ball landed on the fairway and every ( reachable green approach shot) landed nicely on the green. Not possible folks, not even close without something happening outside of the game and the mouse. Regardless of tempo the reality is this: anyone Moving a Mouse along a straight edge can brace the mouse for a straight shot every time. A 3C cannot come close to hitting a No Aid shot straight every time, an absurd notion. That's what I liked about this game and thought I would not see this happen again in another excellent golf game.  But there is no other explanation other than some other gizmo that I have yet to hear about.

Will many people find a method of corrupting the MS swing style?  I doubt it very much.  People like the effects of this game and will choose their swing method or combination according to their preferences. The game is just wonderful to play with or without aids.

When Links was released long ago it set a precedent with 3clicking only. In 1998-99 Tiger Woods and Links both incorporated a Mouse Motion swing style.  That was the end of Fair Play for 3C vs MS.

No names are going to be mentioned.  I have a put a lot of time into advocating this game since I joined several months ago and I don't want to get into it with that person in this forum. I said my piece during and after the game in Steam. (sour grapes?)  Nope, no way. My comment was made on the third hole - after that I simply hit the ball without caring where it landed and watched the MS player hit incredible shots - improbable shots.

Many of us around the world practice diligently to be skilled in our golf games. I am very good in Max and average with No Aids. I believe that the leader-boards of the future will have MS players at the top which means equal opportunity goes out the window as it did since mouse motion began...

• Fairwayman likes this

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#2 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

Well - I know that if I hit it straight it's almost an accident it's so infrequent!  haha!

And I am only on Min Aids.  Extremely challenging for me at least.

#3 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:00 PM

Yes, it is very difficult to hit the ball well with either swing type in anything less than Max/Max.

Practice, practice, practice?  No way a 3clicker is going to make two tiny markers align on every stroke.

Ah well, Déjà vu.  :wacko:

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#4 granite00

granite00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:19 PM

Handicaps should even the playing field in tournaments.  As for head to head play, we'll have to take our chances.

#5 bagofholding

bagofholding

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:36 PM

If they want to eliminate edging they should show a mouse trail to each person viewing the swing in an online match.  When I turn down aids with MS most of my off shots are due to tempo related issues rather than swing path anyway.

Now, I'm no expert in cheating as that takes any fun out of a golf game but would it not be possible for a 3C user to set up some sort of click timer and cheat just as much (if not more) than a MS user that had an edge to move against?

#6 Lance

Lance

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:39 PM

[Humor mode on]

Reading the thread and having seen many others like it over the years, a great business plan just popped into my head! The Perfect Golf MS Assistant! Think along the lines of the item they use to measure shoe sizes. It adjusts from the front to "assist" in shot power. Then a lever will latch onto the mouse and move it back and forth in a "Perfect" swing path. For those times whn there needs to be a fade or a draw there will be a path squeezer, to contour the mouse along the necessary line.

Standard version will be made of a high-impact polymer, but there will be a more deluxe upgrade with a built-in beveraage cooler.

For the more "serious simmers", there will be an engraved with their name teak version.

A version will be made, of very limited quantity, where the beverage cooler will be replenished by a Kate Upton-lookalike, wearing a green jacket. Only for those who have "Masters-ed" the game. And priced accordingly...

Pricing TBD!

[Humor mode off/]

#7 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCanvey Island, Essex, UK

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:00 PM

With an adjustable dpi mouse, getting a straight swing is not so difficult but to master the tempo, that's a whole different story entirely. 

• Fairwayman, Tigers Agent and TRCThrobbinhood like this

#8 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:20 PM

"but to master the tempo, that's a whole different story entirely."

not so tough when that's the only thing you need to master.

#9 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:39 PM

No matter what game companies try, no matter how many people complain, there's always ways of cheating ANY GAME. I don't care what the game companies say, It's 99.9% impossible to stop them. As players you just avoid these types of players and move on. Those group of players cheating will eventually be stereotyped and will only end up playing with the elite group of themselves. Just like TW Online, if and when this game host's tournaments, it won't take long and players will figure out, what's the point of entering when you don't stand a chance against cheaters. But as far as stopping, pointing out, ridiculing, or exposing these creatures isn't going to stop them. Unfortunately it's the nature of the beast!! But you sure as hell can avoid these creatures and eventually they are forced to only play with new players (temporarily) and just tournaments. I guess what I'm saying is in the long run, these mutants WILL expose themselves and become outcast of the games in which they participate in. Only thing you can do is write down a list and avoid ever playing them again.

• Richard likes this

#10 Arsam

Arsam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:40 PM

Oh my, the game is barely off the ground and already the "edger" controversy is started. No matter what system you use some A-Hole will find a way to cheat.
  • Richard likes this

RTS-Mouse Swing, Pro Level, BLI

HP Pavilion 790-0025T Minitower Gaming PC
Intel Hexa-Core i7-8700 cpu @ 3.2 GHz (Turbo up to 4.6 GHz), 12 MB Cache
64-bit Operating Sys​tem, x64 Based Processor
400 Watt Power Supply
16 GB DDR4-26666MHz 2-DIMM Memory
NVidia GeForce GTX1060 3GB Gaming Graphic Card

DELL D3218HN 31.5" Full HD LED Back-Lit HDMI Monitor, 1920 x 1080 at 60Hz  Maximum Resolution, 4,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio

Windows 10 Home Edition, 64 bit - DirecrX v.12.0

#11 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:07 PM

Ok first off I am as anti edgeing as I gets and in my Links event I had banned RTS due to the fact I knew a couple players were doing it. I tried it with this game awhile back in local play to make sure as I was told that you can't do it and trust me you can't edge in this game. A wise man that played a lot of Links once told me the way to beat an edger over there was to play a lot of course that have doglegs and if the course is not pretty straight forward edging is a disadvantage as you can't work the ball. As for hitting it straight in this game with MS it can be done pretty much if you practice a lot at the Min level and if you are playing Max you can do it blind folded. I play Min and hit the fairway about 60 % of the time and on a good day maybe 80. But I practice with a threesome of golfers in local play and am becoming much better at it but also can have that round where I can't fin the fairway. My guess because you can't see what level your opponent is playing online is that they are playing Max aids and telling you something else. If I played Max I can shoot -10 to -14 per round pretty easy and to me I hope they don't include it in the final game. The drop down to Mod. And Min is significant and that is where this game should be played. Again there is no way you can edge in this game and if you don't believe me try it yourself.
  • robbiet71 likes this

#12 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:01 AM

Ok first off I am as anti edgeing as I gets and in my Links event I had banned RTS due to the fact I knew a couple players were doing it. I tried it with this game awhile back in local play to make sure as I was told that you can't do it and trust me you can't edge in this game. A wise man that played a lot of Links once told me the way to beat an edger over there was to play a lot of course that have doglegs and if the course is not pretty straight forward edging is a disadvantage as you can't work the ball. As for hitting it straight in this game with MS it can be done pretty much if you practice a lot at the Min level and if you are playing Max you can do it blind folded. I play Min and hit the fairway about 60 % of the time and on a good day maybe 80. But I practice with a threesome of golfers in local play and am becoming much better at it but also can have that round where I can't fin the fairway. My guess because you can't see what level your opponent is playing online is that they are playing Max aids and telling you something else. If I played Max I can shoot -10 to -14 per round pretty easy and to me I hope they don't include it in the final game. The drop down to Mod. And Min is significant and that is where this game should be played. Again there is no way you can edge in this game and if you don't believe me try it yourself.

To shoot 10-14 under par even on Max I'd say your a freakin GOD. I for one don't think someone can shoot that in this game without having something that gives them an edge, I don't care how many rounds you have played. And for Perfect Golf to not include MAX aids for retail release and only include tougher aids is just not smart. Just because this game is so incredibly easy for you doesn't mean others should be forced to play a harder aid.

And for the original poster, if you didn't like it there is nothing forcing you to keep playing the game. I have used a CD Case in testing to see if it was possible to keep it in the fairway and it CAN'T be done UNLESS you have a nice tempo period!

All you have to do is look at some of the scores in these virtual tournaments being played to wonder. A certain person on a tour averaging 59 is a hacker plain and simple but what can you do...

• Griz891 likes this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#13 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:52 AM

To shoot 10-14 under par even on Max I'd say your a freakin GOD. I for one don't think someone can shoot that in this game without having something that gives them an edge, I don't care how many rounds you have played. And for Perfect Golf to not include MAX aids for retail release and only include tougher aids is just not smart. Just because this game is so incredibly easy for you doesn't mean others should be forced to play a harder aid.
And for the original poster, if you didn't like it there is nothing forcing you to keep playing the game. I have used a CD Case in testing to see if it was possible to keep it in the fairway and it CAN'T be done UNLESS you have a nice tempo period!
All you have to do is look at some of the scores in these virtual tournaments being played to wonder. A certain person on a tour averaging 59 is a hacker plain and simple but what can you do...

You didn't read my post did you? Easy? I am happy to keep it at par or a few over at Min aids and the best I have done is a -2 at min but Max aids is flat out simple. In Max you don't have to pull the stick back straight or bring it thru straight to hit the ball straight and that is what I was pointing out. Read what I wrote before you bark.

#14 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:54 AM

If you play Off/Off or Min/Min long enough you'll score 10 under easy at max aids. I went back to Max/Max a few days ago and shot -11 without trying and I'm no freakin god and I certainly don't cheat.

I play MS and Off/Off exclusively now. Rhythm is the key and I basically hit straight balls with a handful of wayward shots from lack of concentration. Maintain that concentration and the OP's opponent's play wouldn't surprise me. The guy's score wasn't mentioned - only that he hit fairways and greens in regulation. It's not impossible.

#15 Fairwayman

Fairwayman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationGlendale Super Bowl Arizona ...live 2mi. from stadium

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:26 AM

MS Grade B here, even at mod/mod it is very tuff to mswing let alone no aids.

Edging in this game ...don't see it...but u know peeps will figure out some contraption to cheat.

Besides, if yur gonna edge u may as well clik.. :lol:

The whole point of MS is pushing --freehand--up/down to mimic a irl swing motion.

:ph34r:  This ms is the most realistic freehand mswing I have ever learned.  It mimics my irl swing and game to the T most times.

• Greensboronclion likes this

750 W Corsair pwr supply ⛳️ Octacore AMD FX9590cpu with 110i GT cooler @ 5.0 ⛳️ ASUS Strix 1080 vid card ⛳️ 16 gig 1866 DDR3 ⛳️ Samsung 840 HD-SSD ⛳️ Dell 22in 1080p AND 40in and 65 in Samsung Monitor 4k HDMI-to HDMI on card ⛳️ Win 10 pro 64 bit ⛳️ MSwing Pro and Tour Pro

USAF 21 yrs E-8 AMMO Superintendent, retired 2002 https://drive.google...QVRFdUFuOE94OEk

#16 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 03:50 AM

MS Grade B here, even at mod/mod it is very tuff to mswing let alone no aids.
Edging in this game ...don't see it...but u know peeps will figure out some contraption to cheat.
Besides, if yur gonna edge u may as well clik.. :lol:
The whole point of MS is pushing --freehand--up/down to mimic a irl swing motion.

:ph34r: This ms is the most realistic freehand mswing I have ever learned. It mimics my irl swing and game to the T most times.

You are totally right as I have had this discussion with others and the truth is once you drop Down to Mod it gets really tough and not much difference from Mod to Min. If you shoot par at mod or min you have to work for it and I love that but Max just to easy but I agree 100 % that no way can you edge.

#17 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:31 AM

I have seen this arguement over and over.  Edging is a cheat, well folks so is a marco of a perfect 3 click swing or a perfect controller swing.  So think what you want to think but realize some players will exploit PG because they can.  So why make a big deal about something we can not control.  This is a game.  Enjoy the ride.  Get over it.  Have fiun.      

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#18 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:35 AM

"My guess because you can't see what level your opponent is playing online is that they are playing Max aids and telling you something else."

When you start (or join) a game, you see the levels that people are playing at - most of which are max/max.

I use MS and do agree that at max/max it is very easy and I would expect to hit most fairways (if not all) during a round. I have tried at mod/mod but the difficulty level shoots up significantly at this point.

#19 TRCThrobbinhood

TRCThrobbinhood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMansfield England.

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:55 AM

sideshowbob, you can see what level your opponents are playing? It tells you next to their name.

#20 TRCThrobbinhood

TRCThrobbinhood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMansfield England.

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:02 PM

People aren't edging because tempo makes it a waste of time, and so tempo is good for this game, but as someone else mentioned it's a simple case of altering dpi and slowing down the horizontal axis in your mouse driver to stop heel and toes, so then you just need to master the tempo, some will get the tempo down better than others, I scored 11 under at willow heath in the competition on the other forums with mod mod, but someone shot 16 under with no aids, so mouse settings is the key.

Saying all that, you could just edge without altering the mouse to get the same effect, but it's who masters the tempo best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users