#1 Harald

Harald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationNuremberg, Germany

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

Hello, i'm interested to know what happens with us Guys who would be a Backer in your Kickstarter last Year. Did we got some Change to become a earlier Test of the Alpha-or Beta Release? What's your Plans/Idears?

• Erik Lugris likes this
I7-6700k, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, Palit GTX 1070 Super Jetstream 8GB,16 GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200, Enermax Revolution87+ 850 W ATX 2.4, SSD Samsung 850 Pro, Eizo Color Graphic CS270 - 27", Win 10 Pro (64bit)

#2 bharris1117

bharris1117

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationWarren, Ohio

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

I wasn't aware of the kickstarter untill it was over and am very interested in contributing .  After reviewing Perfect Parallels goals and ideas, and actually watching the videos and screen shots I can't help but desire to be part of a ground breaking team.  Is there any way I can help or be part of the beta test?

• Erik Lugris likes this

sigfnl.jpg

#3 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

Kickstarter backers (I was one) were told they would get to test the alpha version of the CourseForge (which is scheduled for release quite soon). Non-backers might be allowed to join this stage, too; at least that has not been ruled out so far by the Devs. Try and get hold of AJ's email and send him a message about that.

Another Kickstarter campaign might be started at a later stage, but not before the game and the course designer are in good enough a shape to present a reliable impression of what the finished product will look and feel like to the larger public. I'm not an Admin, just a guy waiting for this to happen as anxiously as you guys.

• Erik Lugris likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#4 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

I think at the moment, the Course Forge tools are what everyone wants to get their mitts on. I see no reason to keep the 'release' to just those that pledged to the initial Kickstarter, as it wasn't fully funded, so I don't see why the backers (I was also one of them) should get preferential treatment.

I can only presume that Course Forge tools exist, as PP knocked up a version of Augusta for their Sky Sports collaboration at The Masters.

Like everyone, I'm just keen to know when it will be made available to download from the Unity Assets Store.

;)

• Erik Lugris likes this

#5 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

Speak for yourself, D. I want to get my mitts on all of it. And I want it yesterday!   :P

• Erik Lugris likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#6 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

Hopefully it won't be too long. I haven't created a course since the Jack Nicklaus series; the APCD was just a little too daunting for me and I really did not have the time anyway to learn it's ins and outs to do courses of the quality of the better designers. I'm retired now and looking forward to this venture; Course Forge looks like it will be much easier to use than the APCD; the courses if the previews are any indication will be spectacular, and the game itself looks like it's going to be all any of us could want as time progresses. Can't wait! Bring it on guys!

• Erik Lugris likes this
Ken

#7 bharris1117

bharris1117

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationWarren, Ohio

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

Anyone know AJ's email I'd like to contribute

• Erik Lugris likes this

sigfnl.jpg

#8 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 04 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

Anyone know AJ's email I'd like to contribute

There isn't anything to contribute at the moment. The Kickstarter pledging ended 4th Feb and fell way short of what was being asked.

In the meantime, PP have revisited their options and priorities and looked at other avenue's for funding. One of them paid off as they signed a multi-year deal with British satellite TV broadcaster Sky Sports and made their debut with the 'Perfect Golf' virtual recreation of Augusta National which Sky Sports used in their coverage of the Masters event a few weeks ago.

There may be another Kickstarter down the line, we don't know, but now you are here, just keep an eye out for the updates and you should be kept up to speed.

;)

• Erik Lugris likes this

#9 Safetyman

Safetyman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

Perfect Golf also has a Steam Greenlight page (http://steamcommunit...s/?id=116796801) , so everyone should go over there and provide their support. Can't hurt.

• Erik Lugris likes this

#10 Guest_Legend_*

Guest_Legend_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

I just visited www.kickstarter.com and read how it works. I also read a lot of the success stories. What a great concept! People backing a company with donations that don't get charged to your credit card unless the company reaches it's donation goal.  I'll be in for at least $50.00 when the time comes. Just think of the money the PP guys won't have to borrow, plus not to have share with someone who provides investment capital. I like this idea a lot!

• Erik Lugris likes this

#11 golfcart03

golfcart03

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationDesert Southwest, USA

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

Hi Andrew:  For seven years, from 2003 to 2009,  I  tested custom designed courses for the Tiger Woods PGA Tour series.  I was also one of the beta testers for the Tiger Woods Online game from the start of the beta.

Although I retired from testing courses in 2009, I would be happy to be part of the beta testing team; And, with the great course designing tool that you are working, I would really excited about testing custom designed courses for this game.

Thanks and I look forward to your response.

Make it a super day.

golfcart03

• Erik Lugris likes this

#12 Devil Ray

Devil Ray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

Was a backer, too in the original kickstarter campain und voted for Perfect Golf on Steam Greenlight.

For my beta test experiance, i was involved many beta tests (WOW, Guild wars 2, anno 1404, anno 2070, battlefield 3, Starcraft 1, Starcraft wings of liberty, heart of the swarm, diablo 3 and some more i can not remember right now). I`m also used to writing bug reports, giving feedbeck on the games and so one.

I would be proud to help making Course forge even better than it is right now.

• Erik Lugris likes this

#13 deerhunter716

deerhunter716

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

I missed the kickstarter for this also - would love to donate as well and assist in beta testing for sure or whatever help is needed!  Users may remember me as Tincup233 on EA NOT Tincup23 that is another guy.

#14 Jbx

Jbx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHampshire, England

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

In the meantime, PP have revisited their options and priorities and looked at other avenue's for funding. One of them paid off as they signed a multi-year deal with British satellite TV broadcaster Sky Sports and made their debut with the 'Perfect Golf' virtual recreation of Augusta National which Sky Sports used in their coverage of the Masters event a few weeks ago.

Never know Sky may offer a free PP membership with their 'sports' package!

Jbx%20golgBall1.jpg

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every mininute of it!

#15 Jbx

Jbx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHampshire, England

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

golfcart03

Not sure you remember, but you kindly tested most of my TW08 courses. I'm sure both you and Axe30 will be an assett here also.

John.

Jbx%20golgBall1.jpg

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every mininute of it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users