#2 TRCThrobbinhood

TRCThrobbinhood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMansfield England.

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:18 PM

Nice link MERACE. Looks great what's coming.

#3 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 05 May 2015 - 01:00 AM

Great read and love where this game is going.

#4 footslogger

footslogger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationThailand

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:22 AM

Good interview with intelligent questions and expansive answers.  It reassures the reader that a very good golf game is on the way.

#5 Perculator

Perculator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:13 AM

I have not played PG in weeks but reading that got me excited again.

i5-4670K | GeForce GTX 970 4GB | 16GB DDR3 RAM | Windows 10 64 bit.

#6 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:01 AM

" I love it when a plan comes together"

Great interview Andrew, lots of inside info. there.

Like your picks, although I would have gone with,

Rodney Dangerfield , Bill Murray, Chevy Chase.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#7 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:11 AM

Hehe, its hard when you have to come up with something so open like that, but I just wanted to enjoy a cigar and have a good time!  Bill Murray would defintely have been on my list 10 years ago.  

#8 sirputterman

sirputterman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:21 AM

Good post and interview and some good insite to what to look forward to in the future.

if I had a choice for a foursome when they were all in there prime I would take Fred Couples, Lee Trevino, Peter Jacobson. Fred is always a class act and Lee was a self made golfer with a good sense of humor  and Peter would keep you laughing with his imitations of other golfers. Although Daly would certainly have some interesting stories to tell also.  

#9 SeventyFour

SeventyFour

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:40 AM

ALL game developers should take note of the concepts and strategies that PP follows.

If these guys could keep a game (Links 2003) fresh for over 10 years, the skies the limit.

I've maintained the same stance as I did 5 years ago, I trust Andrew, Mick, and Mike (and now the rest of the PP staff) SO much, that personally I don't care how long the finished product takes to release, it'll be worth the wait.

• Dazmaniac, Arsam, JoeF and 4 others like this
Perfect Golf Beta Team Member

#10 dedBuNNy

dedBuNNy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 May 2015 - 02:18 PM

Nice piece... Even though I'm too busy to play, still love the direction and progress PG is following.  ;)

M Swing  //   N Assists

#11 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:48 AM

Very nice interview with lots of good information on what is planned and how the team is thinking about the future of this game.

I'm super excited to see this product evolve.  Feels like we're just seeing the tip of the iceberg here.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#12 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:56 AM

Very nice interview with lots of good information on what is planned and how the team is thinking about the future of this game.

I'm super excited to see this product evolve.  Feels like we're just seeing the tip of the iceberg here.

Oh, I agree completely. This is going to be quite a ride before we're done, IMHO!!

Richard

Posted Image

#13 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:33 AM

I know for a fact that there was planned to be a 2007 version of Links that was all but built and ready to go when Microsoft sold the gaming studio.

Dam!   I had no idea... if this had come out, it would have probably been the best golf game ever!  I can only imagine what it would've looked and played like!   We all know they got the physics down to a science, but looks would've been vastly improved over 2003.  

Additional content will probably come first. Our goal is to get to 10 courses by the time of Retail Release so the retail game will come with 10 courses. Through our TV deals we have every course on the PGA Tour built and its just a case of working through whether we want to license those courses.  We actually have over 70 courses built for the game already.

70??   Wow!   Throw us a bone, PP!    We could use a few new ones right about now!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users