#1 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:02 PM

I'm going along Thursday with the wife and our newborn, should be fun. Went on the final day in 2010 when Westwood bottled it.

#2 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:39 PM

Oooh very jealous...I played there in 2005 just before they dug it all up and put in the new drainage system

Never seen so much sand and water on a course but it was an amazing experience even for a 21 handicap loke I was then I even hit the 17th green ...but 3 putted for bogie

Would love to play it now I am a 7 handicap tho

Cheers RobC

#3 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:08 PM

I will be there, but only via Sky Sports and their live coverage over the 4 days. Hopefully get to see PP's version of TPC @ Sawgrass on their virtual fly-by's.

Enjoy your day Brucey.

;)

#4 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:08 PM

Never been to a pro event myself, and I am jealous you lucky so and so.

Little something brewing in the Atlantic for the weekend, possible first

tropical storm of the season, Ana. Hopefully she will move north by then.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#5 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:50 PM

Well it has been an awesome day so far, lovely weather, the baby has been on her best behaviour and as a 'Brucey bonus', while spending money in the shop I noticed that Pete dye was signing copies of his latest book on course design. I managed to get it signed and met his lovely wife Alice too and got a lovely photo with them both 😀
  • RobC and shimonko like this

#6 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:07 AM

FWpfjHw.jpg

Such a lovely couple, Alice reminded me of my granny! That's me on the left before anyone asks!

Watched the last round down here in Orlando, a bit like Blackpool here in International drive, but definitely a bit warmer.

Off to stay at Bay Hill for a couple of days before flying back, hoping to see the King if he's there.

Over and out

Bruce

#7 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 01:09 AM

Well what a way to spend our last night on vacation in Florida, look who we bumped into

vZF2iv9.jpg
  • RobC likes this

#8 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 15 May 2015 - 04:47 AM

An excellent vacation, it seems!!  Were you able to spend 5-10 minutes chatting or just enough time for the photo?  It would be excellent to have a bit of time with the King, but I imagine he's got a few other people to chat with or do photos.  ;)

#9 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:49 AM

Only managed a couple of minutes, unfortunately.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users