#1 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

With the launch of the new site and forums, will we see the dev blogs (which we saw on the old site up to Jan 2013) resurrected to keep the community up to speed with what is being worked on.

Would like to see where things are with the likes of 3D objects, buildings etc, player animations and course construction.

I just hope this new site doesn't drift in to the habits of the old site that saw it go for days at a time with no updates, either via dev blog or just brief updates on the forums.

;)

• ☠InDaSkies☠ likes this

#2 FixAmer1st

FixAmer1st

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationSun City Center, FL

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

If I understand you correctly Daz, they are already there. Look in the NEWS section and scroll down.

Jerry

Links Golf
CPU_Match_Play_Tour.jpg
CPU_Director_2013.jpg
Administrator of KISS Tours

Dell XPS Desktop
4th Generation Intel Core i7-4790 @ 4.0 GHz
16 GB DDR3 Memory
Win7 64 bit Home Premium
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 4GB
1TB SATA HardDrive

#3 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

If I understand you correctly Daz, they are already there. Look in the NEWS section and scroll down.

Jerry

Jez,

Cheers bud, already been there. Apart from the Sky Sports story and the 3 items about the PP logos and branding etc. all the other items are what have been ported from the old site and have been seen before (just check the dates the items were posted).

I'm hoping, like has been suggested, that once the new site was here we would see regular posts and updates from PP and that it doesn't end up like the old site where after a while the updates dried up and only AJ bothered to post every now and again.

I probably sound like a stuck record bleating on about this, but as things have panned out (TWO servers shutting down), there is an opportunity for Perfect Golf to be the answers to a lot of PC golfers prayers and I just don't want PP to miss this opportunity as it will probably never come around again. I know there were contracts to be signed and NDA's in place so not a lot could be said, but my understanding is now the site is here, the shackles are off so to speak.

There was enough doubt beginning to creep in on the old forums with people dismissing the project because of the lack of contact from PP over the early months of 2013 and I hope that they will now be more active on this site.

;)

• ☠InDaSkies☠ likes this

#4 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

Unfortunately, with the workload from the new Sky contract, I can only see things getting worse before they get better, unless more people are recruited to the project. After the honeymoon period for this new site is over, they are going to have less time than ever to focus on the game or the forum.

It is heartening to see the renewed enthusiasm from the followers however, and I myself am definitely feeling more optimistic than before. Whilst I can imagine the disappointment that the announcement of the end of TWO is causing for the current TWO players, it can only be a good thing for PP, to have this opportunity to fill the void that will be left.

Hopefully, the release of the CourseForge will satiate, at least temporarily, the PP followers that are given the opportunity to use it, and will help fill the waiting time before an actual Perfect Golf alpha/beta is released. B)

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#5 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 11:28 PM

I just hope this new site doesn't drift in to the habits of the old site that saw it go for days at a time with no updates, either via dev blog or just brief updates on the forums.

;)

Too soon to panic.  But I admit I'm getting that same vibe. 

#6 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:34 AM

Sadly Dazmaniac, you're most likely in for equal disappointment on this website. Sure, it looks ten times better and has potential for much, much more, but I still doubt that Perfect Parallel will keep us any more informed. It would be nice, though. 

TheLighterDark / "William" / University of Arkansas, Fayetteville / 21

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

"All the world on one arrow..." - Ashe, The Frost Archer, League of Legends.

#7 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

I would like to think that the Sky deal has helped bring forward development. Hopefully the deal has brought in the $s to recruit the resources required. From what I read about Kickstarter, the funding was to speed up the development cycle. They have now got funding from another source, or at least some of it.

#8 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

I just hope it doesn't drag out to point that people start losing interest.

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#9 Devil Ray

Devil Ray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

I really like the new site. Finally I can log into the foums and actually write things.

Looking forwar what comes in the future.

#10 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

Sadly Dazmaniac, you're most likely in for equal disappointment on this website. Sure, it looks ten times better and has potential for much, much more, but I still doubt that Perfect Parallel will keep us any more informed. It would be nice, though. 

The note that was sent to Kickstarter donors (after the project failed in early Feb.) indicated that PP was just "weeks away" from making Course Forge available.  Well . . . it's May 10.  I'd be surprised if even now we're just "weeks away" from the CF release.  But who knows?  All I know is that everything happens in slow motion in the PP world.  It is what it is.  ;)

#11 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

We appreciate the community desire for information. So here is a quick update on a few things. We are currently building into all our applications the licensing methodology that is needed to control software releases. We need to do this so we can turn off beta software releases. I hope to finish the course converter soon. I thought I was done and we were going to release it with the site but then I found the bing maps API and thought that would be cool. So expect a news item with the course converter and bing maps video next week. Also coming soon a video showing a shot being hit. We have been working hard on the ground physics engine the last two weeks and hope to show that in video. Yes folks the first shots in anger inside perfect golf have been hit. We want to integrate the swing meter before we show it though

A
  • Jimbo63, Maineah, nightowl and 2 others like this

#12 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

Great news......I've just done a Jose-Maria olazabal jig in excitement!!

#13 Jbx

Jbx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHampshire, England

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

"First shots in anger inside perfect golf have been hit" - that's the sort of news we need!

Jbx%20golgBall1.jpg

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every mininute of it!

#14 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:46 AM

I think those of us who enjoy forums are definitly in the minority for PC Gamers. However, we are the greatest
influence on new visitors.  We need to keep the posts positive and supportive of AJ and the crew. This game is way
too far away from being ready for release and the PP Crew have let us know this by being completely open and honest.

I realize for some, this kind of patience is excruciating. :unsure:    But hang in there!  Think of it as waiting for Christmas 2013!   B)

#15 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

I think those of us who enjoy forums are definitly in the minority for PC Gamers. However, we are the greatest
influence on new visitors.  We need to keep the posts positive and supportive of AJ and the crew. This game is way
too far away from being ready for release and the PP Crew have let us know this by being completely open and honest.

I realize for some, this kind of patience is excruciating. :unsure:    But hang in there!  Think of it as waiting for Christmas 2013!   B)

This is one of the most positive and supportive communities I've ever seen. There's going to be complaining, doubting, and moaning, but no doubt there will always be plenty of hopeful faces in the background. 

• Nemesis likes this

TheLighterDark / "William" / University of Arkansas, Fayetteville / 21

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

"All the world on one arrow..." - Ashe, The Frost Archer, League of Legends.

#16 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

Jez,

Cheers bud, already been there. Apart from the Sky Sports story and the 3 items about the PP logos and branding etc. all the other items are what have been ported from the old site and have been seen before (just check the dates the items were posted).

I'm hoping, like has been suggested, that once the new site was here we would see regular posts and updates from PP and that it doesn't end up like the old site where after a while the updates dried up and only AJ bothered to post every now and again.

I probably sound like a stuck record bleating on about this, but as things have panned out (TWO servers shutting down), there is an opportunity for Perfect Golf to be the answers to a lot of PC golfers prayers and I just don't want PP to miss this opportunity as it will probably never come around again. I know there were contracts to be signed and NDA's in place so not a lot could be said, but my understanding is now the site is here, the shackles are off so to speak.

There was enough doubt beginning to creep in on the old forums with people dismissing the project because of the lack of contact from PP over the early months of 2013 and I hope that they will now be more active on this site.

;)

I agree with you Daz. Lack of updates will make people lose interest. Would be a shame to lose out on TW players. This is a huge opportunity for PP to be successful. As course forge may be cool I'm sure there are a lot more people that want a golf game to play rather then a software to create courses. I sure hope this doesn't fade away.  

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#17 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

I appreciate the chaps are keeping us abreast of things (for the most part) as far as Course Forge and Terrain Importer Tool are concerned, but seeing as MJ stated in another thread that the development team has swelled considerably since the Kickstarter days (I wonder what the additional development work is that is being handled by the staff additions?), I was hoping we would see something like the dev blogs we used to get on the old forum of the other components that will be part of the Perfect Golf universe, such as golfer animations, clubsets and 3D on course objects and buildings.

I'm not bothered if we don't get anything playable, but some updates would be nice. After all, we were told that we would see more regular updates than we did on the old forum, but so far only the Course Forge and Terrain Importer Tool appear to have been covered.

;)

#18 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

It's all gone very quiet all of a sudden. I hope that's not a sign of people losing interest

#19 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

Much as I'd love to see more updates, the fact that AJ & MJ are on here fairly regularly is good enough for me. I know they've given us a few 'soons' and failed to deliver our guessing of what soon really is, but im happy to wait. I think there was some good engagement with the forum re swing meter.

I think we should focus on ideas, improvements, suggestions etc for CF & PG....that tends to get some good feedback. I don't think we will find out stuff before they are ready to announce. There have been a few ideas raised that have met with positive responses fromPP so let's keep 'em coming.

#20 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

Much as I'd love to see more updates, the fact that AJ & MJ are on here fairly regularly is good enough for me. I know they've given us a few 'soons' and failed to deliver our guessing of what soon really is, but im happy to wait. I think there was some good engagement with the forum re swing meter.

I think we should focus on ideas, improvements, suggestions etc for CF & PG....that tends to get some good feedback. I don't think we will find out stuff before they are ready to announce. There have been a few ideas raised that have met with positive responses fromPP so let's keep 'em coming.

Dave,

I'm sure the suggestions will keep coming thick and fast and I'm sure the PP guys appreciate all the comments and take many on board.

As for offering up improvements, it would be easier to do that if we knew what we already had. Hard to suggest an improvement for something none of us have tried, lol.

I know they said they were flushing bugs out of the CF before releasing it, but surely this is an ideal time to let the community have a look and play and report back with findings. An ideal BETA test opportunity. Same with the 'shot being played' clip that was offered. Why have we not seen it yet? We all appreciate the project is in early BETA and don't expect the clip to show a fully finished offering. I'd rather see a WIP shot that not at all.

I also appreciate all the posts we get from AJ and MJ, but why only them? They themselves have said the team behind the project has expanded, so why don't we see others from the Dev Team posting? I would rather see regular small tit bits, than go days and weeks without any updates.

I probably sound like an ungrateful, impatient oik and have no right to be demanding things, but it's getting to feel like the old site, where there is plenty of community input, with ideas, and questions, but the same 'please bear with us' replies from PP. It's nearly July and I would have thought that some form of BETA testing would have been up and running by now (I thought this was why the Bugs and Features area of the forum was created), getting the community involved with the developers and having plenty of feedback via the forums, but I guess the wait goes on.

;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users