#1 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

i was just talking with a friend and he told me EA charged him even after they had shut down TWO

i was smart enough to see it coming a few months in advance and i shut then down being able to charge me any further

by calling my bank and telling them that they where no longer to pay EA for anything.

what im really wondering is if any of the folks here where able to get refunds on what was left of their yearly subs

of did they just screw everyone?

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#2 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

I'm no expert in these circles, but surely, if someone has subbed say up to 31st Dec 2013 for TWO and then EA pull the plug in June 2013, there is due cause for a refund claim for the remainder of the year, which has effectively been paid up front for a product they are not receiving.

That is, of course, unless there is some clever small print somewhere which states that any subscription made is non-refundable, even in the event of the servers being shut down.

Obviously something worth looking in to.

#3 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:41 AM

I'm no expert in these circles, but surely, if someone has subbed say up to 31st Dec 2013 for TWO and then EA pull the plug in June 2013, there is due cause for a refund claim for the remainder of the year, which has effectively been paid up front for a product they are not receiving.

That is, of course, unless there is some clever small print somewhere which states that any subscription made is non-refundable, even in the event of the servers being shut down.

Obviously something worth looking in to.

in their TOS which everyone had to agree with it did state that if they did away with the game there would not be any refunds.

the reason for my wondering is they put up in the forums that they would be refunding. just seeing if anyone here got a refund or was it just a screw job

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#4 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:16 AM

What a mess. :unsure:

Please support PERFECT GOLF on STEAM --CLICK ON THE LINK TO SUPPORT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

#5 Maverick Spirit

Maverick Spirit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, USA

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:46 AM

Notice the latest post, people getting email renewal notices. Amazing how they screw up even with a dead and buried game, causing even more bad publicity!

#6 Gene315

Gene315

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:23 PM

I got an email from them stating that they would apply the refund to an associated credit card or a Pay Pal account. I sent EA a reply that I don't have a credit card associated with TWO and I don't have any Pay Pal accounts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users